Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Boxing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 35>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pazman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 10:08am
Australian cricket thrash talk and people say they play hard. Mundine trash talk and is the villain.

Still a very racist country Australia. So much injustice.

On the bright side Mundine has made for $$ than any cricketers.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 11:32am

READ THE FULL LETTER MUNDINE SENT TO FLOYD

My man Floyd!

My name is Anthony 'The Man' Mundine! I am the uncrowned best athlete of all time! (check my resume). I was a rugby superstar before I quit at the top of my game due to racism & politics to take up boxing!

No amateur background. I wanted to be world champ… I fought fighters far more experience than me from the start. I got 6 losses (same as you ) from 53 fights. I had to learn on the job as I had no amateur experience.

I believe when I'm mentally on, I can beat anybody! I'm charismatic, flamboyant, artistic, explosive athlete & fighter!

I've held WBA 168lb title twice the IBO middleweight, WBA interim 154lb title & reigning 154 WBC silver champion (your mandatory). I think you the best of our era & everybody wanna fight you – but I'm the wonder from down under & the only one that can solve the mayvinchi code!

So what Im trying to get at is I'm hoping to land the fight with you in Sept!

You don't ask… you don't get! Consider a colourful character who's your mandatory for September. It won't be boring before, during or after the fight!

I heard you mentioned names like Mayfield & Berto as your next opponents. Im the mandatory and that should looked at. I've got other attributes that none of these cats got! Makes for a good boxing spectacle both in and outta the ring. Its what the boxing fans need to see!

I revived boxing in my country. It was dead and I gave it mouth-to-mouth – and i've held it down for 15 years! And the Australian media doing their best to belittle me and keep me from my destiny. We have the tall poppy syndrome here. They wanna cut down the successful. And after all my achievements in two sports they still wont give me the credit. But thats cool. I already know im the best 2 sport champion ever. I dont need their validation. Thats why ima reachin out to you Floyd. Put on a Boxing spectacular.

You want show time – I am show time! Somebody the world needs to see! I'll give you a way better go than you been getting !

It's a 50-50 fight ! Best athlete v best fighter??? Both got fast feet fast hands & fast mouth haha …or relinquish the Title as you're preventing fighters like me in this position to take on the other champions or the bigger names in sport!

Ask Sugar Shane if I can handle the stage! Ima fan of yours but I truly believe you were put on this earth for me to beat inshallah! No disrespect just my belief…I come from the land of the Kanagaroo where us natives shake a leg. Let's go!

holla back

Yours sincerely,The Man (Choc)

An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 12:18pm
Can't blame him for trying, all about self publicity and he was good at that.

Very good 2 sport athlete but never a top grade boxer
Sneck View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Great fight that Fury looked to be in control of, but it is hard to argue with the draw decision after 2 knockdowns. He also looked to be in a bit of bother at the bell in the 8th round.

In an interesting post script to the fight it has been reported that Fury has donated his entire 8 million pound purse to homeless charities.
It was daylight robbery.
There's 2 10-8 rounds for Wilder, you tell me what other rounds he won.
The 2nd? 
Still 115-111 Fury.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 9:09am
Horn V Mundine II- The Miracle

It's on.Tongue It's happening.Tongue All you boxing pay-for-view mugs stay posted. Contain your excitement.

Simon Cameron

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 9:29am
I can see only one positive to come out of a re-match. Maccas computer might be working properly this time & he can give us a live commentary (for at least 10 seconds anyway).
Refer ALP Election Promises
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 9:43am
Horn v Mundane rematch(or any fight?) on hold now.

Reaction to Michael Zerafa’s shock win over Jeff Horn in Bendigo

Horn received some heavy punishment throughout the bout but it reached a new level in the ninth round.

He could barely stand as he took blow after blow from Zerafa, who was desperate to ensure the fight didn’t go the distance and was taken out of the judges’ hands.

Horn was completely cooked and looked out of it at the end of the ninth as some — including Australian boxer Luke Jackson — suggested his team should have acted earlier to save the 31-year-old from any more pain.

crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 9:46am
Horn looked cooked
This space has been intentionally left blank
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 10:09am
I am sure people in the Boxing world knew about it but was this fight promoted at all ?
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 10:14am
Yes, Horn has been on many tv shows over the last week, particularly Channel TEN where I saw him several times, twice on The Project..
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 11:19am
This thread is the first I heard of it.
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 11:29am
It was only expected to be a warm-up for Horn, a practice run as a middleweight against another Australian.  An easy kill. I had a look yesterday at prices, he was $1.14. Didn't even bother watching it or looking for coverage of it online. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 11:33am
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 11:52am
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

I am sure people in the Boxing world knew about it but was this fight promoted at all ?

I noticed it only because of the rubbish coming out of the Hornblower's mouth or his trainer's mouth. I had a chuckle yesterday when I read in the Daily Murdoch one of them making excuses about the Crawford fight. Would have won if he was at same level he was against old man PAC excuse excuse excuse blah blah blah.

Simon Cameron

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 11:54am
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 12:28pm
I've just seen the end of the fight. Disgraceful effort from the referee and Hornblower's loud mouth trainer.

Simon Cameron

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 4:35pm
Remember all the talk after beating Pacman how he was only going to have a few more fights - get in - make a quid -  & get out before any damage is done. Well Jeff those few fights are up - time to call it quits.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 10:49pm

Same here? ... must watch The Project more diligently ...

In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 1:41am
Horn fight a shock .     We all tipped his bad eyes would end his career early but that fight last night was an early system warning.

GET OUT Jeff --It's all over--     You have run your race.   We wish Jeff & Family, all the best in retirement , (I hope).
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 8:15am
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Same here? ... must watch The Project more diligently ...

Wot, the Horn news didn't make it to Breitbart or Daily Stormer?Shocked

Maybe you need to leave the bubble occasionally. Wink
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 10:06am
You've come out with your gloves on this morning PTLOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 10:10am
If only Horn did on Saturday night. Big smile

His trainer put the loss down to beer and pizza and no training taking this guy for granted.

If he gets his way it doesn't sound like retirement and the loss of his meal ticket is on the cards any time soon.

Super payday in Japan too good to walk away from.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 1:45pm
Apart from a few heavyweight tub of lards it's a long time since I've seen a recognised fighter go into the ring in such poor condition, absolutely pathetic, reminded me of a bloke called Ingamar Johanson who after winning his h/weight title got on the piss pizza and women in his first defence against a brooding Floyd Patterson and got belted, this bloke is too nice to be a fighter , give it away son you've had your moment of fame.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 8:16pm
  Agree Croca .. at the weigh in Horne lookd "tubby", Soft as butter , his opponent was a rippling , well trimmed , ball of muscle .

It's over for Jeff Horn ---Surely they have brains enough to recognise that.

Edited by Gay3 - 02 Sep 2019 at 8:40pm
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 8:44pm
Yeah Macca , didn't mean to be harsh on the bloke, just the way I saw it, cheers.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 9:12pm
Macca and Carioca would've been really p1ssed after tank topped females were banned from strutting around holding up round numbers.  Shocked Cry 

ps Horn appeared lacking in muscular definition*; 

ps it was a full house, let me tell you as we were there; 

ps the above clad ladies were allowed to be present during the post-match accolades; and finally 

ps they got a bigger cheer than the worthy winner; and finally

I forgot the rest.

* he was fat

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

You've come out with your gloves on this morning PTLOL

He's feeling vulnerable oneone ... I think someone stole his milk crates!Cry 
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 10:14pm
I would prefer to watch the ABC news than The Project any night of the week, and that is saying something.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 10:20pm
I dont watch The Project, but I do watch ABC News, 
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Macca and Carioca would've been really p1ssed after tank topped females were banned from strutting around holding up round numbers.  Shocked Cry 

ps Horn appeared lacking in muscular definition*; 

ps it was a full house, let me tell you as we were there; 

ps the above clad ladies were allowed to be present during the post-match accolades; and finally 

ps they got a bigger cheer than the worthy winner; and finally

I forgot the rest.

* he was fat

I can assure you second chance that the last time I went to a decent fight was in Melbourne in the late sixties and I had my own " tank top " lady along side of me , I didn't need to see them strutting around the ring , married her btw, Lionel Rose fight xcellent.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 35>