Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Hinchinbrook

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TYPHOS TROSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hinchinbrook
    Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 9:55pm
Word is that Hinchinbrook is set to run a blinder this Saturday. It's been training the house down and ready to unleash. 

Two words. 

GET.

INVOLVED.

Wortel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wortel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 9:57pm
He could run his best ever race and not win.
Fender Bender View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fender Bender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 10:59pm
What Wortel said..
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fender Bender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 12:04am
Great run on Saturday Tongue
Wortel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wortel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 12:23am
Just trying to get him fit before the guineas. Nothing to worry about.
Rosscoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosscoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 12:28am
A lot to worry about! - he's a have been! .... Wortel ... (a bit like yourself)!

Another way of doing your dough!
Current Stable - Soul Star & Adivinar + Lady Vega
michael View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 12:29am
something wrong with Hinchinbrook. may never live up to his early promise. looks gone imho, probably mental....lost interest....it happens.
Thats racing
andynr123 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andynr123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 12:36am
I agree - or maybe he just was one of these early maturing types? I can't pick it.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 12:38am
Certainly not the same horse who was running in the autumn.

But I will reserve judgement until the Guineas, as I have seen horses like Primus and Excites and Econsul have good two year old form, go badly at their first 2 or 3 starts and then pull a run from their backside.

I would not have him in my top 6 atm, but if he gets there on the day he could be an improver.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fender Bender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 12:48am
Was I the only one that heard his trainer last week, say he was sticking to sprint trips??

He won't be going to the Guineas if that is the case.
Wortel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wortel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 12:53am

Well if that's the case taking on Hot Danish was stupid and they should be going for the Ascot Vale or whatever it's called now.

princerubiton View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princerubiton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 1:03am
wouldn't back him with monopoly money....gawn
Gee Gee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee Gee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 1:13am
used up, over raced as a juvenile.

stable should have done a Sebring and taken the offers from studs when he was a 2yo
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 1:28am
He has buckleys at anything under 1600m

Surely gerald does not think he is as good as Melito and that is the type of quality you will need to be winning a group 1 sprint down in Melbourne.

Horses like Hay List, Melito, Hot Danish, All Silent, Eagle Falls, Reward For Effort, Catapulted, Ortensia, Shellscrape and others have got his measure.

If he is not aimed at the Carbine Club Sandown Guineas at least then just spell him now.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Overseer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Overseer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 8:31pm
Unfortunately Dead - huge loss to the breeding industry.
Watch the commission go on
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 8:46pm
Hinchinbrook Dead
Tara Madgwick - Monday July 16
At the height of his powers and with a full book of mares to cover this spring, Yarraman Park's Hinchinbrook has died tragically today as the result of a broken hind leg.

Hinchinbrook

Hinchinbrook

Foaled and raised at Yarraman Park, Hinchinbrook was turning 11 this year and was at the peak of his career with seasonal earnings of $6.2 million and 100 winners highlighted by five stakes-winners headed by Group I winning filly Seabrook.

"We are devastated as you can imagine," said Harry Mitchell.

"He's been a special horse for us and we believed in him from the start. He wasn't an easy horse to get going as he was not the most fertile, but he kept proving himself and getting that good horse.

"It just breaks your heart, but it's something that happens. It happened to Northern Meteor and it happened to Scat Daddy, as sad as it is, you just have to regroup and move on."

A three-quarter brother to champion sire Snitzel, Hinchinbrook was a top class two year-old that trained on at three to numerous Group I placings and retired at a fee of $16,500.

By champion sire Fastnet Rock, he was the Champion First Season Sire of 2014/2015 defeating Beneteau and Star Witness and his first crop included outstanding colt Press Statement, a dual Group I winner of over $1million in prizemoney.

Hinchinbrook enjoyed a steady rise to sustained commercial success and was fully booked for this spring at a fee of $55,000 after covering books of 148 and 129 mares in his past two seasons at fees of $38,500 and $44,000.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 9:07pm
Terrible news. 

Good horse.

reductio ad absurdum
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 9:21pm
Not good news. He was one of the better young sires coming through.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 9:25pm
He was, watch them fly now!
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by Gee Gee Gee Gee wrote:

used up, over raced as a juvenile.  Stable should have done a Sebring and taken the offers from studs when he was a 2yo  

Raced more than competively as a 4yo. Half to Snitzel.  Has done well at stud with only three crops of racing age.  Sad loss indeed.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 9:37pm
Make that as a 3yo.  Embarrassed
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 12:13am
Oh thats sad news.  I only saw him a few weeks back and he looked like a million dollars.  His owner will be shattered.  Such a good horse.   And beautiful too.
animals before people.
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 12:51am
It’s always the good ones who go too soon... just terrible.
 Post Reply Post Reply