Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Harvey Weinstein

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 17>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 12:13am
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

I know, right...centuries of it

To stayer
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 12:14am
Some say the Anglicans were little better. But of course that doesn't suit some agendas !
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 12:24am
Little better would be damning them with faint praise, unfortunately. The same with Weinstien. Have people beholden to you...so that means you get to fcuk them. A recurring pattern.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 12:48am
Just be thankful you aren't afflicted with too many unruly urges that have no legally permissible outlet, Judge. It's a luxury some don't have, apparently.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 1:51am
I love it.
Another one has hit the headlines about how she escaped from him on 5 occasions.
     One has to ask why she gave him 5 opportunities . To do what.?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 11:06am
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

I love it.
Another one has hit the headlines about how she escaped from him on 5 occasions.

On the face of it, it does sound ridiculous. Once bitten, twice shy, they say, but the bite couldn't have been too severe.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

I love it.

On the face of it, it does sound ridiculous. Once bitten, twice shy, they say, but the bite couldn't have been too severe.

Sadly Max ..    Women are victims too often and any of us would die protecting them ,   BUT    there are also far too many False allegations that don't get the severe penalties they deserve.
AVO's as a weapon are well known and one reason so many men meet all allegations with suspicion.
This sleeze bag Weinstein has gone on for decades without any serious questions being asked .     .   We have to ask WHY --- HOW.
I shake the head = no no no , when some start proceedings many years after the alleged events.
This Might start an explosion in Hollywood ,    Reveal how some shag their way to an Oscar     
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 8:35pm
Show business is just that, "show". Behind the scenes, a completely different state of affairs.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 9:49pm

Show business is just that, "show". Behind the scenes, a completely different state of affairs.

I think your key word is "AFFAIRS"
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 9:29am
Wonder if he tried to touch up the trannies who work in Hollywood
EAD
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 12:02pm
I bet there are a lot of other big name men in the movie business shaking in their shoes at the moment.
When you hear some of the things he did its simply disgusting.  He is a grown man with a famous name and business, wife and kids, and he acted more like a teenage boy on the grog.  No respect for himself or anyone else. How a grown man could be so degrading is beyond me.
animals before people.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 1:03pm
Largely based on prejudice I know but I had always assumed the guy was a sleaze based on nothing more than his looks and the position he held.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Largely based on prejudice I know but I had always assumed the guy was a sleaze based on nothing more than his looks and the position he held.

SHOCKING :-    Such waste ,     AND on Pot Plants for God's sake.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 6:08pm
I see that TV newsreader Tracey Spicer claims she is compiling an Australian list of mini-Harveys that have infested the Oz TV scene, she is threatening to "drop bombs", including claims of rape involving "powerful figures" in the past. One immediately wonders why the police were not involved.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 11:46pm
I wonder how many of the Hollywood types who tut-tutted Trump's "pussy grab" revelations, knew all about Harvey's antics, or even covered for him.
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 12:42am
Probably most of the same ones now lining up giving interviews about the deplorable behaviour of their mate Harvey. PYA in play for sure.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 12:52am

I see that TV newsreader Tracey Spicer claims she is compiling an Australian list of mini-Harveys that have infested the Oz TV scene, she is threatening to "drop bombs", including claims of rape involving "powerful figures" in the past. One immediately wonders why the police were not involved.

Another accessory to crime it seems.     Tracey should have flapped the gums years ago if she has 40 to name.
Camera in the bedroom maybe.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 8:52pm
President George H.W. Bush has apologised to an actress who accused him of 'sexually assaulting' her during a photo opportunity with his wife Barbara Bush standing by his side.

Heather Lind, 34, who starred in AMC's series Turn: Washington's Spies made the allegations against the 93-year-old in a lengthy (and now deleted) Instagram post on Wednesday.

The actress said after seeing a photo of the former president shaking hands with Barack Obama at the One America Appeal hurricane relief concert, it prompted her to share her own experience.

"I found it disturbing because I recognize the respect ex-presidents are given for having served," she wrote. "And I feel pride and reverence toward many of the men in the photo.

Heather Lind, who starred in AMC's series 'Turn: Washington's Spies,' made the allegations in a lengthy Instagram post.© Getty Images Heather Lind, who starred in AMC's series 'Turn: Washington's Spies,' made the allegations in a lengthy Instagram post. "But when I got the chance to meet George H. W. Bush four years ago to promote a historical television show I was working on, he sexually assaulted me while I was posing for a similar photo."

According to Heather, the wheelchair-bound former president touched her from behind and told her a dirty joke, all while being photographed. In her account, she claims Barbara Bush "rolled her eyes as if to say ‘Not again’."

Afterwards, she explained, "[Bush's] security guard told me I shouldn’t have stood next to him for the photo."

In a statement to the New York Daily News, Bush’s spokesperson said, "President Bush would never — under any circumstance — intentionally cause anyone distress, and he most sincerely apologizes if his attempt at humor offended Ms. Lind."

Heather's accusations come amidst a wave of other reports of sexual abuse and misconduct following the Harvey Weinstein scandal.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 9:11pm
Wow, they are coming out of the woodwork now arnt they ?   Everyone wants to get in on the act. 
My boss put his arm around me once , 50 years ago, when wishing me well on my planned travel .
Does that constitute sexual assault ??
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 9:26pm
I think we can safely say, no.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Wow, they are coming out of the woodwork now arnt they ?   Everyone wants to get in on the act. 
My boss put his arm around me once , 50 years ago, when wishing me well on my planned travel .
Does that constitute sexual assault ??

Cheese & Rice AA.   I've been worried .     Half expecting a raid for some of my activity about 1936.     I was often in the cot with an under aged bird . My little sister .    I was about 3
I don't think she remembers , but you never know.

The flood gates are opening .... Charge them all with concealing a crime all of these years .
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 9:53pm
From 70 years ago.

reductio ad absurdum
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 10:19pm
Maureen O'Hara was some lady aye.
Unfortunately the way of the world.    Has got progressively worse with more "opportunity" pieces like, electronic devices, dial a bonk etc .       >   a Disinhibited animal we Humans have become ,    We even have a postal vote to encourage the abnormal to be acceptable.
Next the dog , the goat , the donkey.    The Mother in law maybe .
I was always jealous of Bobby Lulham ( anyone remember , Mrs Monte )
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 10:31pm
Bobby Lulham, never heard of him, but it appears he was having an affair with his mother-in-law, who tried to poison him, unsuccessfully. Strange business.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 10:40pm
See the stuff coming out about Martin Luther King, released in papers the same time as the Kennedy guff.
Seems the Reverend church and civil rights leader had a soft spot for Pros.LOL
" I have a dream " .Embarrassed   A wet one maybe LOL ?
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 11:20pm
King was well known to be a womanizer, but I don't recall any mention of prostitutes. Had such info became public back in the day, would have been harmful to the black rights movement. So obviously he had friends, or at least not enemies, keeping a lid on this information.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 3:38pm

King was well known to be a womanizer, but I don't recall any mention of prostitutes. Had such info became public back in the day, would have been harmful to the black rights movement. So obviously he had friends, or at least not enemies, keeping a lid on this information.

Loving the Ladies isn't a crime .   Mother nature put a lot of research into making things like little fish to feed the big fish.
    To catch the fish you have to use the right bait.
Much the same in all walks of life.      If the pro's can improve their lot financially, it is called good business.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 3:40pm
In the 60's it would have been very damaging to King, who was, of course, a preacher. Was he preaching adultery, do you think ?
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 4:05pm

I wonder how many of the Hollywood types who tut-tutted Trump's "pussy grab" revelations, knew all about Harvey's antics, or even covered for him.

There has not been enough made of this by the FAKE NEWS media max.

These are the very same sanctimonious hypocrites, rapists, pedophiles and enablers, who used the Oscars, Golden Globes, Actors Guild Awards, and any other circle jerk they had going, to vilify Trump as a misogynist for some "locker room banter"!!! Wow! 

... as I've said before, Trump may have tried to 'talk the talk", but these predators, like Clinton, actually "walk the walk", and really do "grab them on the pussy"!Dead

Trump's supporters didn't miss it though, they get it ... they also "get" the jobs growth in  manufacturing, the reduced cost of energy, the booming share market, economy and overall confidence he has generated in the USA. When he gets his tax reform through, it's all over bar the shouting - 8 Year POTUS - the elitist opposition will still be indicting one another over something!Clap
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 5:35pm
I have absolutely no issues with this in fact I'd encourage more of it BUT...........

Kate Winslet locked lips with Allison Janney at the Hollywood Film Awards

Celebrity  Last night
The actresses shared a kiss during Sunday's Hollywood Film Awards, where Winslet accepted an award for her role in Wonder Wheel. "I don't really know you, but I know I just want to be you," Winslet told Janney during her acceptance speech.
reductio ad absurdum
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 17>