Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Harvey Weinstein

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 17>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 12:52pm
Just doesn't seem to be a pin up boy for women. More of the same following Donald !
Refer ALP Election Promises
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

I am sure his record will be tested starting either tomorrow or soon. Will be interesting to see how he responds.
Pretty sure we know how he will respond - same as Donald did LOL
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 12:57pm
Might be surprised there oneone. He might apologize for his past prehistoric attitudes and promise to do better.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 12:59pm
The New York magazine seems to dislike Bloomberg as much as it dislikes Trump. I guess they know them both.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 12:59pm
The stark reality is the vast majority of wealthy, successful aged men would think similar.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 1:00pm
Poor ole Harvey sure has Bonkers Back big time. LOL  Cracks me up how they always get sick when the s**t hits the fan.  A couple that spring to mind are Skase and Bond.  Its a wonder Tinkler didnt join the tribe.
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 1:02pm
Same Rolf. It doesn't seem to sway juries though. 

Bill Cosby threw his crutches away after conviction...a miracle.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 1:15pm
Izzy mmust have prayed for him Thumbs Up  Hallelluya and Amen Brother  !!!LOL
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 1:24pm
I think Harvey might need more than Izzy's prayers.
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Sorry I have used up my monthly free article WaPo allowance.

The exposure of Harvey Weinstein’s behavior kicked off the #MeToo movement. Now, a jury is deliberating whether to find the disgraced movie mogul guilty of rape and predatory sexual assault. But even before the jury renders its verdict — and no matter what the jurors decide — events over the past month have left me feeling as though the movement has fallen sadly short of the sweeping societal change so many of us envisioned a little more than two years ago.

The situation is not all gloomy. After all, there are a lot of men who are no longer able to use their power to hurt women over whom they wielded power. There are a lot of important efforts underway to make various workplaces less inherently unsafe. Organizations such as the Time’s Up Legal Defense Fund are making it easier for women to come forward and pursue allegations of workplace abuse.

And yet, a series of unrelated news stories over the past several weeks reinforced how limited the American appetite is for reckoning with sexual violence and abuse — and suggested that limit has been just about exhausted.

First, in early January, Oprah Winfrey announced that she was pulling her support for “On the Record,” a documentary about the sexual-assault allegations against recording-industry executive Russell Simmons. The story is complicated: Winfrey has said she believes Simmons’s accusers but had concerns about the account of one of the women featured in the movie. Her decision coincided with pressure from high-profile black men, including Simmons himself, who suggested she was committing some sort of race treachery by focusing on him instead of white men such as Weinstein.

Whether Winfrey intended to or not, her decision to cut ties with the project rather than to work through her concerns gave the impression that she had chosen her critics over her long-standing commitment to survivors of sexual violence. If even Oprah was backing down, who was strong enough to see the fight all the way through?

A few weeks later, National Basketball Association legend Kobe Bryant’s death in a helicopter crash provided a vivid example of just how far many people will go to erase allegations of sexual violence from their memories. In the wake of his death, the need for fans to mourn Bryant was so great that the people, particularly women, who contextualized Bryant’s life by acknowledging the 2003 rape allegation against him faced a horrifying backlash.

When CBS’s Gayle King pressed retired WNBA star Lisa Leslie on whether she saw a conflict between the 2003 allegation and Bryant’s work on behalf of women’s basketball, the rapper Snoop Dogg criticized King in obscene and threatening terms, accusing her of pursuing a vendetta against black men. (He later apologized.)

Acknowledging the rape allegation against Bryant can’t deny him anything anymore. There are no sponsorships for him to lose in death, no movies he won’t be able to produce. There’s even a strong argument to be made that in his reflections on the case and the work he did on behalf of women in the years after the allegation, Bryant set a model that many men accused as part of #MeToo would do well to follow. And yet, those determined to turn him into a saint couldn’t even allow others feelings of ambivalence; they couldn’t permit the record of Bryant’s life to be complete.

Then came the inevitable stories about former New York mayor Mike Bloomberg and whether he created or tolerated a work environment hostile toward women. President Trump’s revolting comments about sexually assaulting women and the long list of allegations against him infuriated many Americans. But the willingness of some Democratic voters to consider Bloomberg notwithstanding the reports about his own behavior made that disgust seem strategic rather than principled. Apparently, it’s bad for the other guy to brag that stars can do whatever they want but not so much of a problem when your billionaire allegedly tells his female employees: “All of you girls line up to give him [oral sex] as a wedding present.” 

We have to rely on police departments to investigate the Harvey Weinsteins of the world, and on prosecutors to actually bring cases against them. But we have more power to change our culture than the past month would suggest.

Oprah’s fans can make clear to her that they trust her because of the support she has given survivors. The NBA players and civilians who worshiped Bryant can take a lesson from their hero’s introspection, as well as from his dominance on the court. And sexual harassment, gender discrimination and sexual assault can be disqualifying for the presidency if voters make it so.

The choice is ours: We can make clear that #MeToo is just getting started, or let predatory men know that the danger has passed.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 3:12pm
Thanks horlicks Thumbs Up
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 7:50am
Weinstein has been found guilty on some of the charges against him, but not the most serious, and is being held in prison awaiting sentencing next month 11th.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 8:02am
Justice, now Harvey will get all the sex he desires
EAD
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 8:44am
LOLLOL
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 9:08am
Originally posted by TIGER TIGER wrote:

Justice, now Harvey will get all the sex he desires

Doubt it. He's too old and ugly for anyone to want to prison rape him, if that's what you mean.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 10:17am
Hmmmm, gotta agree with Tlaz on that one.   A creepy old man now, and from previous pics I can see why he had to force women as who would go there willingly ?
animals before people.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 6:13pm
Poor Harvey - not well. In hospital
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 6:16pm
Speaking about Harvey - I’ve got a bit of a crush on that lawyer of his. Four Corners had a fair bit on her the other night. She’s got that dominant look about her - stilettos & whip type. 😂😂
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 9:06pm
Into S&M are we 1x1 ? Wink Does your wife know about this fetish ???   Shocked
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Poor Harvey - not well. In hospital

Who cares ??    He had his good times and now he can put up with the bad times. 
animals before people.
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 9:22pm
Pity he has been taken to hospital as Rikers is the place for him.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 9:42pm
Agree Horlicks. 
animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 10:58pm
Poor Man ... Hijacked mid Race ...   Had it happened in a Melbourne Cup ,

The Greenies would have a picnic.

He should serve his time at Prince Alfred , Where vasectomy is a specialty.

I'll bet his casting couch could tell some juicy stories. ( PardonTpun)
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 11:36pm
Yeah, send him to PA where they give baboons vasectomies.  He would fit right in.  Evil Smile

animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 12:00am
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Yeah, send him to PA where they give baboons vasectomies.  He would fit right in.  Evil Smile

As a Man .    I would have loved to have had the use of a casting couch.
Sadly I just had to settle with turning out the light.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 9:17am
Rikers Prison is where Harvey is apparently headed. Appalling place ; 

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 9:56am
It seems that old Harvey Wallbanger tried it with every woman he got alone in a room with.Shocked And he was getting away with it because the women were not going straight to the police.

Far as I can tell, only one of his victims went straight to the police - Ambra Battilana Gutierrez in 2015.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 8:14pm

And nearer to home Cry

Queensland man jailed for rape and indecent treatment of stepdaughter over decade period

A girl who was abused by her stepfather from the age of four wore layers of clothing to bed, no matter how hot it was, in an attempt to protect herself.

She would roll herself up in sheets and blankets, becoming drenched in sweat during the summer in Queensland.

The little girl was scared to sleep, forcing herself to stay awake for as long as possible, hoping to protect herself from the “torturous” pain of the sexual abuse.

She took the measures in fear of Shaune Timothy O’Farrell, who abused her for a decade.

Childhood stolen

Now aged 28, the woman says “the poison of these crimes” has seeped into every aspect of her life.

“My childhood was stolen and nothing in my life afterwards has come easily,” she said in a statement read in court.

As a teenager, she moved school and house, was forced to end friendships and was not allowed to tell anyone she lived with O’Farrell to avoid exposing the abuse.

“I was made to rehearse lines of how to respond if I was ever questioned about the abuse or my home living situation,” she said.

“My whole high school social life was turned into a terrifying ordeal, one where I was made to believe that one wrong move could potentially have me ripped away from my mother and have me put in foster care.”

O’Farrell was sentenced in Queensland District Court in Brisbane on Wednesday to five years in jail.

He admitted to 17 counts of rape and indecently treating the girl over a decade.

Most of the offences occurred at their house, some while she was asleep and one while her leg was in a cast, crown prosecutor Jacqueline Ball told the court.

It was persistent conduct over an extended period and a gross breach of trust, Judge Tony Moynihan said.

He accepted a letter of apology from O’Farrell to the woman, but said she might regard it as too little, too late.“But you do seem to have some insight into the devastating consequences your actions have had on her,” Judge Moynihan told O’Farrell.

The court heard O’Farrell was previously convicted for providing karate classes for children without having a blue card.

O’Farrell will be eligible for parole after serving 20 months.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 8:20pm

O’Farrell was sentenced in Queensland District Court in Brisbane on Wednesday to five years in jail.

He admitted to 17 counts of rape and indecently treating the girl over a decade.

Five years ?  For 17 rapes of a child ?  What are these courts and judges thinking about ???SickAngry and do we have a disgusted emoji ? 

animals before people.
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 8:49pm
And eligible for parole after 20 months !!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 17>