Join up at Sportsbet - Click here

Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Hartnell

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 242526
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by brave_ponies brave_ponies wrote:

From what I saw he got smashed twice, it looked very ugly, and he was lucky to stay on his feet.
I was on the winner but was too worried about Hartnell to enjoy it.
Hope he's ok. If anyone hears anything, please post.

I read Boss got 10 meetings suspension and Bonneval pulled up lame.

Not good.
Sponsored Links
Click here to grab your bonuses when you join up with Sportsbet.

scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 9:52pm
10 meetings is a slap on the wrist for what he did. 2 horses were lucky not to fall.

Boss should have been given a penalty that would scare the hell out of anyone else likely to do the same thing in the hope of winning their Grp 1 race.

Grub.
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 10:10pm
Steward Report on the interference

Hartnell (GB) - checked severely approaching the 200m. Rider Glyn Schofield could offer no explanation other than the interference he suffered. A post race veterinary examination failed to reveal any abnormalities.

Glen Boss (Riven Light (IRE)) - pleaded guilty to a charge of careless riding under the provisions of AR137(a), the carelessness being that approaching the 200m he permitted his mount to shift out causing tightening to Calderon and Hartnell which were both checked severely. Glen Boss had his licence to ride in races suspended for a period to commence at midnight October 15th and to expire at midnight October 24th, a total of ten race meetings (two metropolitan, eight provincial). In assessing penalty Stewards took into account his guilty plea and good record and that the carelessness was in the mid-range.

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by horlicks horlicks wrote:

Steward Report on the interference

<span ="ng-scope">

<span>Hartnell (GB)</span><span> - checked severely approaching the 200m. Rider Glyn
Schofield could offer no explanation other than the interference he suffered. A
post race veterinary examination failed to reveal any abnormalities.</span>

<span>
</span>

<span><span ="ng-scope">

<span>Glen Boss</span><span> (Riven Light (IRE)) - pleaded guilty to a charge of
careless riding under the provisions of AR137(a), the carelessness being that approaching
the 200m he permitted his mount to shift out causing tightening to Calderon and
Hartnell which were both checked severely. Glen Boss had his licence to ride in
races suspended for a period to commence at midnight October 15th
and to expire at midnight October 24th, a total of ten race meetings
(two metropolitan, eight provincial). In assessing penalty Stewards took into
account his guilty plea and good record and that the carelessness was in the
mid-range.</span>

</span></span>

</span>

Stewards amaze me , too often.
Approaching the 200 and wiping anything outside him of their chances isn't mid range.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 9:23am
Looked to be struggling before the interference to my eyes. What race would you want to back Hartnell in? I can't think of one.
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 9:30am
I think its the firm tracks and not spacing his runs enough - he doesnt like it
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by brave_ponies brave_ponies wrote:

From what I saw he got smashed twice, it looked very ugly, and he was lucky to stay on his feet.
I was on the winner but was too worried about Hartnell to enjoy it.
Hope he's ok. If anyone hears anything, please post.

Thought he was gone at the time he got bumped. Sadly I backed in as a standout in the quaddy leg. Got the other 3Cry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 242526
  Share Topic