Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Harness Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Harness Racing Arrests Victoria

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Harness Racing Arrests Victoria
    Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 10:19am

Race-fixing arrests at biggest meet of year rock Harness Racing Victoria

Mark Buttler, Herald Sun

DETECTIVES arrested leading harness racing figures last night over race-fixing allegations following the sport’s biggest meet of the year.

Sports corruption police detained a number of industry figures at the big Breeders Crown meeting held at the Melton track and elsewhere.

Top trainer-driver Nathan Jack was among those arrested alongside his girlfriend and fellow leading driver and trainer, Amanda Turnbull.

Jack trains out of Shepparton and Mengangle in NSW with Turnbull, with both seen as champions of the industry.

The investigation has centred on a race at Cobram on June 22 last year, won by a horse called Airborne Magic, trained by David Bartley.

more.....

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/racefixing-arrests-at-biggest-meet-of-year-rock-harness-racing-victoria/news-story/a8e52fdbf21e9f742dfb4959040e300b

Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 10:32am
I've seen some very very suss races when half the field is made up of Turnbulls so no surprise.

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 10:48am
Red - Hots by name.....
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 1:32pm
Just as well its in Vic or Mr Baird would have a field day.
animals before people.
mowie View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 2:30pm
so who dobbed them in?  for a lazy what 10 grand for the jacks? 

chris Armstrong waller, *drugs are bad mkay
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by mowie mowie wrote:

says the bloke who's always prancing around here spouting trainers are on drugs this and that...now you want to play the protect the dodgy trainers and crucify the grasses..??

weirdo/..

Panspermia.
mowie View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by Fiddlesticks Fiddlesticks wrote:

Originally posted by mowie mowie wrote:

says the bloke who's always prancing around here spouting trainers are on drugs this and that...now you want to play the protect the dodgy trainers and crucify the grasses..??

weirdo/..

hahaha mr no life or is that no clue I care so much what you think LOLLOL 
for the record I ain't protecting the guy,he has form just find it odd this time they got caught, scary thought if they dig deeper into it really as the trainer of the winner has two fathers racing Embarrassed

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 7:43pm
I thought this investigation had been going on for many months  Confused Might be the Mildura guy I'm thinking of.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Pardon_My_Dust View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 8:43pm
Ha! Without wanting to state the bleeding obvious, I knew it was dodgy. One of the reasons I stopped punting on the horses.
Kong View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 8:57pm
when you consider the prizemoney trots race for its no surprise. 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Just as well its in Vic or Mr Baird would have a field day.
Most odd comment from you Acacia.....what link do you see between race fixing & animal welfare ?
Refer ALP Election Promises
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 9:14pm
This last one strikes me as rather funny Wink

Today's Birthdays

Todays Birthdays Jimbob22 (30), Horsing Around (30), redhot (48)

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by Kong Kong wrote:

when you consider the prizemoney trots race for its no surprise. 

Have you seen the prizemoney they race for in Sweden and Finland..??

they race for millions here comparatively.. they earn plenty of prizemoney don't worry about that..
Panspermia.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 9:32am
DO A BAIRD +BAN IT
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 12:08pm
Well, 1x1, Macca can see the link between Baird and my comment, so maybe you are off your game today.LOL
animals before people.
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 6:28pm
Watched the replay , Jack set up a savage tempo , quickest mile rate of the night . Winner fell in by a lip so someone didn't tell B Gath on the second horse as he got way too close for comfort I'd say . Odds on favorite always way off them never looked likely ..
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 9:30pm
Where was the winner sitting? In behind the leader?
horseshoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horseshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 10:38pm
news room

Update - HRV Media Statement re HRV/Police Investigation

05 September 2016
Logo

With respect to the actions taken by Victoria Police at the Melton harness racing meeting on 28 August 2016 involving harness racing participants,  and the submissions now received from the relevant parties regarding whether the HRV Stewards take any action against the licences of the relevant participants under the Australian Harness Racing Rules (AHRR), HRV Stewards advise that they will now give due consideration to such matters.

Any decision of the HRV Stewards in this regard is not expected to be made and announced prior to Thursday 8 September 2016.

Those who know don't tell, Those who tell don't know
RED HUNTER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2016 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by Nocturnal Nocturnal wrote:

Watched the replay , Jack set up a savage tempo , quickest mile rate of the night . Winner fell in by a lip so someone didn't tell B Gath on the second horse as he got way too close for comfort I'd say . Odds on favorite always way off them never looked likely ..

It's what the NOVELTIES pay (tri,first four,quaddies)  (a)TAB and (b)SPORTS BOOKIES have to pay....without the odds on. Over-do it and what's bet, how it's bet and where it's bet, that can cause ALARM BELLS.

.....and who collects (vision would exist) and when/where collected and how much collected at any one spot.

Total it up and you find the culprits
horseshoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horseshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 4:26pm

In accordance with the provisions of AHRR 183, the HRV Stewards have directed the suspension of the licences of the four relevant participants, with immediate effect, for no longer than 3 months (should circumstances remain the same)  while the investigation continues.  Pursuant to AHRR 15(d), the relevant participants have also been excluded from attending racecourses in Victoria for no longer than 3 months (should circumstances remain the same)  while the investigation continues.  The participants have been advised of their rights of appeal against this decision of the HRV Stewards.  Any such appeal must be lodged with the Racing Appeals and Disciplinary (RAD) Board by 5.00pm on Monday 12 September 2016.

With respect to the further investigation by Victoria Police, HRV is unable to make any further comment at this time.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 8:34pm
Farmermick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Farmermick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2016 at 12:31am
yes the investigation has been underway for sometime and there are other races in question too.
I have 3 horses in the sport and the only reason is that I was once involved in the game and I worked with leading trainers and believe me when I say what went on was incredible but it happens in both codes lets be realists about it the integrity commission for both sports are a bit slow on the uptake shall we say.
Ethical Farming
Boutique Horse Stud
Medicinal Plant Research
horseshoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horseshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2016 at 10:52pm
Logo

With respect to the actions taken by Victoria Police at the Melton harness racing meeting on 28 August 2016 involving four harness racing participants, Harness Racing Victoria (HRV) provides the following update:

On 9 September, 2016 HRV Stewards suspended the licences (for no longer than 3 months) of the four participants in accordance with the provisions of Rule 183 of the Australian Harness Racing Rules (AHRR) whilst the police investigations continue.  The HRV Stewards also excluded the participants from attending harness racing tracks in accordance with the provisions of AHRR 15 (d).   

The HRV RAD Board today heard the appeals of all four licensed persons and ordered that the restrictions be lifted, enabling the participants to conduct licensed activities and attend race meetings.  In making this decision, the HRV RAD Board Chairman noted the obligations of the Stewards to consider the integrity of the industry and made no criticism of the decision which had been taken to impose the restrictions in the circumstances, indicating he would have been surprised had such not occurred.  However, the RAD Board Chairman noted the RAD Board’s obligation with respect to the presumption of innocence of the parties and determined on the current information before the RAD Board, there was insufficient material to support the continuation of the suspensions and exclusions

HRV Stewards will monitor the ongoing Victoria Police investigation and if any circumstances change in the future, HRV Stewards will reconsider whether any necessary protective measures need to be taken.

With respect to the further investigation by Victoria Police, HRV is unable to make any further comment at this time.

Mark Pitt and Lisa Bartley  other 2 in question
Ecair Issoire View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecair Issoire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2016 at 11:03pm
Pmd what does that symbol / picture mean?

Just curious
RED HUNTER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2016 at 11:14pm
"on shakey ground"
horseshoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote horseshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 5:11pm

With respect to the actions taken by Victoria Police on 11 January, 2017 involving the service of charges on four harness racing participants, Harness Racing Victoria (HRV) provides the following update:

In accordance with Australian Harness Racing Rule (AHRR) 183, the HRV Stewards have today suspended the licences of Mr Nathan Jack, Ms Lisa Bartley, Mr Mark Pitt and Ms Amanda Turnbull with immediate effect.

HRV
mowie View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 12:06pm
can't see it being for long such big names in harness racing they will get 3 months or something bans. wonder if they can buy at the sales next week or do pre training ?
knowing lisa I'm abit stunned she got caught up in it but Nathan is a toxic unit who I hope get's the boot soon
horseshoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote horseshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 4:01pm
4 grubs of the sport, now  Turnbull trained horses are with  Russell Jack=Nathan's Father, also McCarthy's have another fall guy=Craig Cross, just gets better doesn't itAngry
horseshoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote horseshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 4:27pm

With respect to the criminal investigation conducted by Victoria Police, which resulted on 11 January, 2017 in criminal charges being served on harness racing participants Nathan Jack, Amanda Turnbull, Mark Pitt and Lisa Bartley, Harness Racing Victoria (HRV) provides the following update:

These criminal charges have been adjourned to Shepparton Magistrates Court for a further mention hearing on 19 October, 2017.  
This matter has also been booked in for a contested hearing commencing 27 November, 2017.
HRV is unable to make any further comment in relation to the Victoria Police investigation.

Harness Racing Victoria 11th April 2017
mowie View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 8:28pm
made me sick seeing bartley train a winner with blake jones in the sulky, 

side not the date in court is coming up any chance they get a ban?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>