Join up at Sportsbet - Click here

Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Tipping and Wagering
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

GTX Software

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JTM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GTX Software
    Posted: 22 Apr 2014 at 9:48pm
No idea if this is in the right thread or forum, but can anyone here give me a heads up with any positive & true conviction that GTX software is worth it's while. I understand you don't just get positive results from a software product by just buying it, with out drilling into it, I have been doing my own manual ratings for years now and am now at the next stage of moving forward with my punting. Just want a run down from someone that may use it, that this will help moving forward, I am a massive form student but am really,sick of paper and excel.
"There is no Tomorrow……………….'
Sponsored Links
Click here to grab your bonuses when you join up with Sportsbet.

Lincoln View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lincoln Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2014 at 10:48pm
Take the money back guarantee trial and have a good look at it before making a firm decision.
bigal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 10:20am
Thing is with GTX is that you have to spend a lot of time with it to find any sort of edge, many hundreds/thousands
Of hours, nothing comes easy in this game. Put in the effort and you will get something out of it. I have known many that have tried/ used it only to come a cropper. My belief is that the Trakform rating is the best of their ratings, but that is just my opinion, others may say differently. The Trakform rating throws up many good priced winners when top rated and this is where the edge comes into it for me. Again my belief is the more years data that you have the better, others may say that only the most recent years are relevant. Within gtx there are different modules that you can get. There is the exotics module which I have but have never found an edge with. There is the module where you can fine tune the ratings but I have never used it because I am lazy, I want to press a button and have GTX tell me what to bet on. The money back trial period is good, but if you think you are going to find your edge within that period, think again. It is relatively expensive but you do not get a Mercedes for a Holden price!!. PersonallyI have been using since it 2004 and actually been betting the my system selections since April 2005, so I hope that tells you something about the capabilities of the programme.You only have a frame work to work with, the rest is up to you. As you so rightly pointed out there is no systems that come with the programme that will immediately make you a profit, these you have to create yourself. If you can do that successfully you are well on your way. Apart from systems there are many other ways that people are using it and I think that James and also Group one are doing so, but it would be up to them to advise what they are actually doing to extract what they want from the information. I simply use systems but they do not.

Allan
JTM View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JTM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2014 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by bigal bigal wrote:

Thing is with GTX is that you have to spend a lot of time with it to find any sort of edge, many hundreds/thousands
Of hours, nothing comes easy in this game. Put in the effort and you will get something out of it. I have known many that have tried/ used it only to come a cropper. My belief is that the Trakform rating is the best of their ratings, but that is just my opinion, others may say differently. The Trakform rating throws up many good priced winners when top rated and this is where the edge comes into it for me. Again my belief is the more years data that you have the better, others may say that only the most recent years are relevant. Within gtx there are different modules that you can get. There is the exotics module which I have but have never found an edge with. There is the module where you can fine tune the ratings but I have never used it because I am lazy, I want to press a button and have GTX tell me what to bet on. The money back trial period is good, but if you think you are going to find your edge within that period, think again. It is relatively expensive but you do not get a Mercedes for a Holden price!!. PersonallyI have been using since it 2004 and actually been betting the my system selections since April 2005, so I hope that tells you something about the capabilities of the programme.You only have a frame work to work with, the rest is up to you. As you so rightly pointed out there is no systems that come with the programme that will immediately make you a profit, these you have to create yourself. If you can do that successfully you are well on your way. Apart from systems there are many other ways that people are using it and I think that James and also Group one are doing so, but it would be up to them to advise what they are actually doing to extract what they want from the information. I simply use systems but they do not.

Allan

thanks Al, to me it seems a lot more users friendly than the other i have been comparing it too, which Group 1 concurred with me through PM, not too concerned with the price, as the only 2 on the market that will give you an edge are of similar $$. I have purchased and will be dissecting it over the coming months, super keen to drill into their ratings with what i do, i know once i get it too where i need it, it will come together, its all about being patient and trial and error. Cheers
  < ="cosymantecnisbfw" co="cs" id="SILOBFWID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;">
"There is no Tomorrow……………….'
loosenup View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loosenup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2015 at 8:30pm
The best part of the software is the system developer. I don't use it to develop systems, but run my flagged bets back through the developer and can find out where I'm making money. I often wonder how other members use GTX to punt, but can understand why they keep it on the quiet. Worth the money to answer original question.
Tuft_it_Tees View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tuft_it_Tees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2015 at 8:53pm
I've used it extensively, and profitably, but there has been some seismic shifts in the game in recent years that have rendered it somewhat less useful, imo. Or maybe I am not looking at it with fresh eyes, anyhow I am still a subscriber. And I have never bet to the ratings, although I don't have trakform (have looked at it in the past though). But if you have an idea and want to see whether it has performed in the past, and what the trend is with it, of course it is a useful tool. (Provided your "idea" is able to be tested, the parameters available are not exhaustive.) To have a notion that you might have a viable idea, and test it over a trial period using real bets, is hazardous, and to just dry run it for a lengthy time, a waste of time that could have been avoided by a retro-test.
bigal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2015 at 12:10pm
been one year since JTM got this product..... wonder if he/she is still using it.....

ALLAN
Delta Deel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Deel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 4:32pm

been one year since JTM got this product..... wonder if he/she is still using it.....

ALLAN

I searched this thread wondering the same thing Al, I had a PM from JTM but have not heard from them since.
https://group1selections.wordpress.com/
bigal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 9:19am
Originally posted by Delta Deel Delta Deel wrote:

ALLAN

I searched this thread wondering the same thing Al, I had a PM from JTM but have not heard from them since.

dare  I say, JTM is either making bucket loads of $$$$$ or has totally given up, after all it is nearly 3 years since the original post.

ALLAN
correctweight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote correctweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 11:31pm
Hi allan

Pm you a question in regards to gtx.

If anyone else has gtx could they shoot me a pm too
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Delta Deel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 9:26am
As Al has always said this software just has nuggets of gold buried in it everywhere if your willing to do the leg work to find it. By using my top ranked rater (not worrying about rated price or available price) as well as 2 of the ratings that come with the program it spits out 37% SR and - 1.4% POT over 1900 bets in the last 2 years before any trimming down of the other factors. Will be playing around today to make the bets more selective which should lift both the SR% as well as POT. But yesterday it through these and only these for the day:

07/05/17   11:28 Elwick          1   5 Hirvonen            1 $2.30                    
07/05/17   12:02 Port Augusta    1   3 Alexis Jet          1 $4.60                    
07/05/17   12:35 Port Augusta    2   3 Oblique Line        1 $3.50                    
07/05/17   12:40 Elwick          3   1 West On Broadway    1 $1.75                    
07/05/17   1:10: Bairnsdale      1   6 Redwood City        2 $0.00                     
07/05/17   1:35: Kempsey        2   9 Lady Iveagh        1 $1.45                    
07/05/17   1:50: Sapphire Coast 3   7 Thats The Ticket    1 $1.90                    
07/05/17   2:05: Racing.com Par 3   6 Mutin               3 $0.0                   
07/05/17   2:30: Elwick          6   9 Gee Gee Lanett      1 $1.90                    
07/05/17   3:00: Sapphire Coast 5   1 Dyfield             1 $3.00                    
07/05/17   3:25: Bairnsdale      5   2 Fan The Breeze      1 $3.50                     
07/05/17   4:11: Sapphire Coast 7   1 Its A Lottery       1 $1.60                     
07/05/17   4:29: Caloundra       8   1 Downloading        0 $0.00                     
07/05/17   4:50: Racing.com Par 8   1 Data Point          1 $2.00                    
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Deel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 10:13am
Here are todays qualifiers. Not betting these as still back testing (although I do like Swingahinch off my replay watching)

08/05/17   12:25 Wangaratta      1   4 Holy Seal           $2.80                  
08/05/17   1:30: Wangaratta      3   9 Conductress        $2.30                     
08/05/17   1:35: Murwillumbah    2   9 Brooke Express      $2.50                  
08/05/17   1:50: Quirindi        4   7 Swingahinch        $2.00                   
08/05/17   2:45: Murwillumbah    4   6 Wraith Of Odin      $2.70                 
08/05/17   3:30: Wangaratta      7   9 Swiss Kiss          $1.85                     
08/05/17   4:00: Wangaratta      8   5 Miss Chaparral      $6.00    
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic