Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Grey Lion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Prince of Penzance Prince of Penzance wrote:

Is Grey Lion better the Sydney way of going? That seems to be the case after the six-year-old stuck his neck out to beat Braces over 2400m at Royal Randwick.

That was part of the reason I backed him but when you check his French record he won 4 races, 2 clockwise, 2 anti-clockwise.  
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 6:35pm
Has he contested a weaker field since being in Oz?
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 9:57pm
There’s not really anything suitable in Sydney for him in the next month or so. A quick browse of the calendar seems that the upcoming 2400m races are only BM88.

But would be well placed in races like the 2nd tier staying features in the Sydney spring such as the Newcastle Cup &/or Colin Stephen Qlty.
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 10:00pm
His best two runs in Vic rated higher than his win in Sydney. With Ombudsman not performing it ended up a very weak race.
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 4:24pm
Great to see him win another race
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 5:16pm
I remember a few years ago , Blackbooking him on a smart run to QEWY in one of the Vic. Country Cups , but he never lived up to that effort.

Was handicapped at 61K when he did win a 90 Benchmark rd 2400m, so was in with a chance on 53 .
Good luck to anyone who nailed him .. He was definate overs on a handy last start run over 1500m on heavy .    It's a tough game this punt , aye .
ChrisB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 5:24pm
I actually had him first up at odds and now back home missed the race but he was way overs......ah well my fault for not preparing well enough   
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 6:11pm
Strong win today in the Lord Mayors Cup.
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 9:26am
Nearly 18 months out of the winners circle before winning the Queensland Cup over 2200m at Doomben yesterday.

First arrived in Aust back in 2016 Spring & theres been a few times over the years when he’s looked out of form but somehow ends up turning things around to eke out another win.

Well done to the old grey Clap
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 10:33pm
Just heard that the old grey hurt himself last week at Rosehill and has subsequently been retired.

What a grand old campaigner

Summary: 52-8:6:6    Prizemoney: $841,732     
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 10:50pm
Hope he is going to heal and have a happy retirement.  What a grand old campaigner .Clap
animals before people.
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 11:31pm
He is heading back to Ballarat to live with the Cumani’s
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 11:39pm
.Staggered he has not gone hurdling.
reductio ad absurdum
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 10:29am
Surely you jest Confused
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 1:12pm
I think Djebel said that tongue in cheek.  LOL  I almost said the same .
animals before people.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Surely you jest Confused

Yes one was jesting. Acacia is correctamundo. 
reductio ad absurdum
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12