Please visit VillageBet for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Got my vouchers today!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KangaMick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Got my vouchers today!!!
    Posted: 01 Oct 2008 at 6:19am
I got my voucher cards today.

There was 3 cards in the envelope and a $20 note!

One says it is $20 and the other two don't say what they are.

I hope they aren't all $20 as that would only be $60 plus the $20 note.

Jazz, are the other 2 cards $50 each? Which would equate to $120 which was 2nd prize? And did you throw in the $20 note due to the buggers that didn't end up paying?

If so , you are a scholar and a gentleman.

Cheers

StarStarStar

Mick 
2007 JASBTC Champion,2008 JASBTC Runner-Up. NSW Surge-Aussie LFL Champions 2013/14
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

KangaMick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KangaMick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2008 at 4:04am
Ok checked my vouchers out and they were all $20 ones!

So I ended up with $80 instead of $100.

I guess I can handle that , however I have to say I am a little bit miffed at the whole thing. Firstly, thanks Jazz for the private message to explain things, but my main problem is how you can not realise who hadn't paid you in the first place.

If I remember correctly you said that if the person had not paid p by round 5 that they would be out of the comp. 21 weeks later we are told that 3 didn't pay?

I will leave it at that. No point going on about a lousy $20, but it's just the principle of the thing.

Was talking to Questions today and he and I both agreed that if we were running the comp we would take full responsibility.

Anyway, I am off to the bottle shop to buy 2 cases of Pure Blonde, and I plan to drink at least 10 tonight cause work was crap today.

Sorry for the whinge but thats life! 
2007 JASBTC Champion,2008 JASBTC Runner-Up. NSW Surge-Aussie LFL Champions 2013/14
waggamick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waggamick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2008 at 4:32am
Love the Pure Blonde ad where the truckie grabs the dove to open the stubbie....odd choice of central character...fat truckie...for a low carb beer.
The Dude Abides
itsamugsgame View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itsamugsgame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2008 at 4:44am
Originally posted by KangaMick KangaMick wrote:

Ok checked my vouchers out and they were all $20 ones!

So I ended up with $80 instead of $100.

I guess I can handle that , however I have to say I am a little bit miffed at the whole thing. Firstly, thanks Jazz for the private message to explain things, but my main problem is how you can not realise who hadn't paid you in the first place.

If I remember correctly you said that if the person had not paid p by round 5 that they would be out of the comp. 21 weeks later we are told that 3 didn't pay?

I will leave it at that. No point going on about a lousy $20, but it's just the principle of the thing.

Was talking to Questions today and he and I both agreed that if we were running the comp we would take full responsibility.

Anyway, I am off to the bottle shop to buy 2 cases of Pure Blonde, and I plan to drink at least 10 tonight cause work was crap today.

Sorry for the whinge but thats life! 

i originally entered the comp, then pulled out as i was travelling for about 6 weeks straight, then another 3 weeks later in the season, maybe i am to blame as 1 of the 3 that didnt pay? if you want me to kick in 20 I will, wouldnt want to be accused of not paying up now would i.

tell you what mick, i will have 20 on pompeii ruler to win sat, if it wins we will decide who to back in the cup, whatck it all on that, then decide where to drink the winnings!!!
I am an eagle
Wortel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wortel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2008 at 5:30am
A $20 note? LOL You are champ Jazzman.

Let the trial begin eh Mick?

LADDER AFTER ROUND 22 (FINAL STANDINGS)

CandyManCan: 164 (6)

KangaMick: 154 (6)

Runforfun: 145 (6)

Hound Dog: 143 (5)

Gun Punter: 141 (5)  

Jazzman: 141 (4) Hardly a suspect here

Euripedes: 139 (5)

Go Flash Go: 138 (9)

Hoss: 137 (5)

Skipper: 137 (5)

Wortel: 135 (6) I know I paid up

Questions: 133 (MINIMUM OF 3)

Jolls: 132 (7)   

Puntingpatto: 132 (5)

Doreen: 129 (MINIMUM OF 3)

The Waiter: 129 (6)

Kong: 125 (3)

Blake: 120 (6)

Tooth: 117 (MINIMUM OF 3)

Hobo: 110 (4)

C'mon you bastards! Was it Gun Punter? Evil%20Smile
jazzman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2008 at 7:50pm

I understand what you're saying Kanga and I don't mean to sound like a prick or a tight arse, but I felt a bit jibbed to have to put in an extra $60. Again, I take your point that I should know who paid up but the thing is I didn't receive everybody's names. There were several vouchers which had no names on them. I take your point though that I should have checked it out at the time, I guess I ran it very casually and, as I've said, I just took everyone's word. Mug, you don't have to put in any extra cash because I was only counting the last 20 people who were left in the contest, so I took your name and a few other names out when you guys first let me know and didn't take any vouchers from you guys. At the end of the day there were 20 names left, there should have been 20 vouchers from those people, we were three short. I cannot say who it was, because I don't know.

To whoever is running the comp next season, and I'm sure some of the regular competition runners would know this already (I've learned the hard way), please ensure everyone puts their names on the vouchers. Because to be honest, I reckon my character has copped a hammering from this. And I'm not complaining about the response from anyone in particular, personally I think it looks dodgy on my part, but all I can say is I did the very best I could with what I had and I was completely honest about the whole thing. My downfall was that I was far too casual with the whole thing.
Istidaad kicking strongly, he's 2 lengths clear, Crawl gets out from a well back and old Mustard is grinding home... Hang on, Treasury Notes gets out from the back and she'll blouse them all!
hobo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2008 at 8:40pm
Gawd there's that bloody leader board again Disapprove I had hope to never suffer the humiliation of seeing it again. Thanks for the reminder Wortel LOL

Ps. I paid.
Gun Punter View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gun Punter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2008 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by Wortel Wortel wrote:

C'mon you bastards! Was it Gun Punter? Evil%20Smile

Very funny Worts but I've got proof that I paid up.  First one in fact.

hobo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2008 at 8:41pm
Was that a hands up for running it next year KangaMick? Wink
KangaMick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KangaMick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2008 at 9:04pm
Bugger why not!!!!!!!

I'll run the bloody thing just for the hell of it.

Hey, BMG..let's make it $10 each then we will agree on the Cup together.

Jazz, no prob mate, all is well. 

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itsamugsgame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2008 at 9:15pm
already done, we have 20 on the ruler sat.

I am an eagle
Wortel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wortel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2008 at 3:40am
As long as it is assured that all 3 prize winners did pay up I'm happy.
Jolls View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2008 at 3:43am
I know Candyman did because we got his, mine and hound's vouchers back in the mail along with others. RFF's tasted the sweetest Tongue
Season 2012 = 102 Years since Collingwood has beaten Carlton in a Grand Final.
Wortel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wortel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2008 at 3:53am
Next year we should make it $50. That'll keep em honest!! Tongue

...and keep the mafia liquid LOL
Jolls View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2008 at 3:58am

Maybe next time Roller, Sam, Muffins, Cheese, etc. can harden up so we can try for the clean sweep Wink Ive got no qualms with $50. Probably wouldnt take it as casually as this year if there was a $1000 win pool compared to a $400. Im excited already!!

Run For Fun View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Run For Fun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2008 at 4:12am
Originally posted by Jolls Jolls wrote:

I know Candyman did because we got his, mine and hound's vouchers back in the mail along with others. RFF's tasted the sweetest Tongue

Good luck to you Jolls. 

Funny thing is we're both winners, as right or wrong I took the position that the $60 bucks I copped was partly courtesy of your good self.  Big%20smile 
It's hard to soar with eagles...

Cheers
KangaMick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KangaMick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2008 at 5:48am
I paid as I got Questions to do it on my behalf as we were still in Spain at the time.

As for next year I will make it $50 without doubt.

Then I will also do a bit of a membership drive to see if we can get it up to 30 tipsters.  30 x $50 = $1500.

1st: $850
2nd:$350
3rd:$200
Leader after 5 rounds: $50
Leader after 10 rounds: $50

Or something like that anyway!!!!

Wortel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wortel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2008 at 5:54am
Wow that sounds awesome Kanga!

Where's the draw for 2009? I gotta be on my game Tongue

The year of the Cho I suspect Evil%20Smile

We come from Tigerland Thumbs%20Up
Skipper View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2008 at 8:56pm
Crikey Worts, you're making alot of noise for someone I had to pay Jantanadera the black (sorry Jazz) tracker a heap to actually track down and get a voucher out of last season!! Geek
jazzman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2008 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by Skipper Skipper wrote:

Crikey Worts, you're making alot of noise for someone I had to pay Jantanadera the black (sorry Jazz) tracker a heap to actually track down and get a voucher out of last season!! Geek

No need to apologise Skip, there is a big difference between an in-jest jibe and a dead-set racist attack Wink
Istidaad kicking strongly, he's 2 lengths clear, Crawl gets out from a well back and old Mustard is grinding home... Hang on, Treasury Notes gets out from the back and she'll blouse them all!
Wortel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wortel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2008 at 9:35pm
The point is I did pay right?

We are still no closer to finding out who the 3 scumbags on that list of 20 are.

The sad thing is that all 20 on that list are long term and respected members here.
Jolls View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2008 at 9:41pm
Surely Jazz has a list of the people that actually put their names on the cards? That would eliminate a few from suspicion. But he's right, of the vouchers that got sent to Candyman about 3 or 4 were totally blank.

Of the vouchers the mafia got, the names off the top off my head were:
Candyman
Jolls
Hound Dog
RFF
The Waiter
Euripedes
Skipper

then some blank ones and a $20 note
Skipper View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2008 at 9:46pm
Bastard Mafia drinkin' on my dollar!!! Cry
Jolls View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2008 at 9:47pm
LOL Terrible handwriting too Skip if i remember correctly Shocked
Skipper View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2008 at 9:48pm
LOL
jazzman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2008 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by Jolls Jolls wrote:

Surely Jazz has a list of the people that actually put their names on the cards? That would eliminate a few from suspicion. But he's right, of the vouchers that got sent to Candyman about 3 or 4 were totally blank.

Of the vouchers the mafia got, the names off the top off my head were:
Candyman
Jolls
Hound Dog
RFF
The Waiter
Euripedes
Skipper

then some blank ones and a $20 note

I do have a list, but I'm not willing to post it as it would be unfair on the people who did the right thing but forgot to put their name on the voucher. Just for the record, I put in $20 cash. There was another note in another envelope, that came from one another tipster. The rest paid in vouchers, except we were three short.
Jolls View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2008 at 10:06pm
Seems very strange to me how someone could send in a voucher to an anonymous competition and forget to identify themselves? Maybe that's just me.

Anyway, it's all over now and it has been all sweated out on the tennis court ealier this week, i was leaking worse than Patty Rafter used to Shocked
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itsamugsgame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2008 at 10:12pm
think it is fairly obvious what went on.

anyway, mick, we have 20 on the ruler tomorrow, if he wins i am whacking it all on efficient for the cup, we will have a grand to drink in sydney if they both win!!

start with a flash meal at icebergs, couple of pure blondes in the bar after dinner, then off to hugo's to show those poncy sydneysiders how to rip up the dancefloor when butchered.

wives included of course, we come to sydney a bit so it isnt much of a stretch.
I am an eagle
jazzman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2008 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by itsamugsgame itsamugsgame wrote:

think it is fairly obvious what went on.

True, because it has been explained. Is that what you mean?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itsamugsgame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2008 at 10:25pm
yeah whatever
I am an eagle
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic