Join up at Bet Easy - Click here - Bet Easy is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Golden Slipper 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 8:26am
I'm pretty sure she won't get a run but I hope the Snowdens hav'nt given up completely on their grey filly Pure Elation, a very good run when going down narrowly to Estjaab at Randwick when baulked a little in the run, maybe Spin might go to sires, who knows.
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 9:02am
EW, thanks for the tip on the weather. Can be local as we know but likely to at least be rain affected.

Written By won his first race on a heavy 8.  Extra fitness helps in the wet.
Performer struggled in a trial on a heavy.
Estijaab by Snitzel. 
Seabrook won on a soft 5 (dead) by Hinchinbrook
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 9:16am
The 7 day weather forecast summary for Rosehill Gardens Racecourse:

The forecast for Rosehill Gardens Racecourse in the coming week is predicting the average daytime maximum temperature will be around 29°C, with a high for the week of 40°C expected on the afternoon of Sunday 18th. The average minimum temperature will be 20°C, dipping to its lowest on the morning of Sunday 25th at 17°C. Expect the next week to have mixed overhead conditions with some days dry and some seeing a significant amount of rain. Predictions are Friday 25th will have the most precipitation with an accumulation of around 11.0mm. On the whole winds are likely to be moderate

http://www.myweather2.com/Horse-Racing/Australia/Rosehill-Gardens-Racecourse.aspx?sday=6

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 9:55am
It's a funny race because the last start form of all of them is not thrilling- you have to go back to previous wins.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 9:58am
Lucky the race isn't on today.Angry
room for a slew View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote room for a slew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 11:13am
Had 2 futures bets

got fiesta at 51s ew

been set specifically for this, any rain no worries

If the forecast is correct could be very wet depending on how coastal the rain is etc.

pure elation was my other bet but pretty sure she won't even make the field and isn't in any markets as well?
djebel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 11:19am
Good luck with Fiesta, She was my first choice but I have lost confidence. Her price is probably correct now at around the 14/1 mark.

STRIKE WHILST THE IRON IS HOT

reductio ad absurdum

The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 11:37am
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Any word on how Enbihaar is going and who will ride her if she starts?

Anyone?
djebel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 11:45am
Jockey @StephenBaster making application to start today’s suspension after next Saturday’s Golden Slipper. Booked to ride @lindsayparkrace Enbihaar with Setsuna now not going that way.

reductio ad absurdum

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 12:03pm
Thanks djebel. I have to have a tickle at $51 (SB/PP)
djebel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 12:18pm

Written By The Light
 Chestunt colt 2020 
Written By (AUS)
Chestnut 2015
Written Tycoon
Chestnut 2002
Iglesia
Brown 1995
Last Tycoon
Bay or brown 1983
Try My Best
Mill Princess
8-f
8-c
Yodells
Chestnut 1988
Marscay
Yodelling Lady
4-m
1-c
Party Miss
Brown 1991
Kenmare
Grey 1975
Kalamoun
Belle of Ireland
9-c
1-m
Miss Entertainer
Chestnut 1975
Vain
Viveza
A10
18>
Yau Chin
Grey 2005
Tobougg
Bay 1998
Barathea
Bay 1990
Sadler's Wells
Brocade
5-h
14-a
Lacovia
Bay 1983
Majestic Light
Hope for All
8-c
16-g
Tilla's Daughter
Grey 1999
Umatilla
Bay 1988
Miswaki
Dancing Show
16-g
8-f
Dilemma
Grey 1995
Rory's Jester
Moral
1-m
16-g
Sunlight (AUS)
Bay 2015
Zoustar
Bay 2010
Northern Meteor
Bay 2005
Encosta de Lago
Bay 1993
Fairy King
Shoal Creek
5-h
4-g
Explosive
Bay 1990
Fappiano
Scuff
16-a
5-h
Zouzou
Bay 2001
Redoute's Choice
Bay 1996
Danehill
Shantha's Choice
2-d
8-f
Meteor Mist
Chestnut 1987
Star Shower
Sunbuster
8>
8-k
Solar Charged
Bay or brown 2007
Charge Forward
Bay 2001
Red Ransom
Bay 1987
Roberto
Arabia
12-c
6-b
Sydney's Dream
Bay 1991
Bletchingly
Dream Appeal
7-a
Soul Singer
Bay 1998
Danehill
Bay 1986
Danzig
Razyana
7-a
2-d
Aretha
Bay or brown 1986
Sir Dapper
Soul Power
C25
16-a
 Ancestor duplications:Danehillx 5m,4f

reductio ad absurdum

kavg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 2:52pm
They are only predicting maximum possible rainfall of 36mm mainly between Tuesday and Friday. Given the heat today and tomorrow, I can't see the track been very rain affected. Between Tuesday and Sat the lowest max is 23 and highest 27 with 26 predicted for Saturday. Unless they get more rain the track should be a 3,4,or 5 at worse.
I like Estijaab. Perfect prep. Although hard to ignore Written By times/sectionals yesterday.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 3:33pm
Wow, hat's a HUGE change from this morning's predictions Kav, thanks for the heads up. Iirc it was something lie 60+mm top of the range when I checked.
kavg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 3:37pm
3bm-i only look at bom.gov.au-the official bureau. Parramatta has even less rain predicted-30mm.
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Thanks djebel. I have to have a tickle at $51 (SB/PP)

That’s a great price. I had a spec on her after the BD at half that. Super run against the pattern of the day restrained from a wide draw, but her Prelude win showed she can race further forward.

Not sure why we haven’t seen her since but for the market it looks like out of sight out of mind.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 4:07pm
That's where I went this morning Kav, but I only looked at the general SYDNEY forecast, not the suburban. Sydney forecast now < half earlier predictions at the top end of the range.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 4:20pm
#!*.

What chance of suing the BOM for lost earnings as a result of it reducing its predicted weekly rainfall in Rosehill by 20 mm since an earlier estimate about 9am this morning?  Ouch
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

#!*.

What chance of suing the BOM for lost earnings as a result of it reducing its predicted weekly rainfall in Rosehill by 20 mm since an earlier estimate about 9am this morning?  Ouch

I'd say they're having the same trouble as AVW is e.g. Some excepts from tonight:

Here come the wobbles, as the models make some adjustments, at this stage the Hunter Valley is primed and loaded.

Here are the model forecasts, the GFS as I mentioned earlier continues to be the outlier, it now even has Marcus ending up in Bega on the NSW South Coast.

It does see the Hunter valley rain event on Wednesday and Thursday, so this is going to be locked in. But fails to see the upper trough that will trigger next weekend system.

This is a bit of a worry, as I would have expected it to see things similar to the European by now.

If the European was big this morning, well it is off the charts tonight with a top scale event now forecast.

I do want to see GFS come on though, and I am worried this is seeing it too early, and will downgrade, but the next 48 hours will hold the key to this event, and what it looks like next Sunday and Monday.

In the meantime, the Hunter can expect a big event on Wednesday and Thursday.

I reckon they may just get a decent dry track which'll be a nice & welcome change, tho' possibly not for those seeking wet tracks Big smile
Experience is something you gain a few minutes after you could have used it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 5:18pm
Get used to it. It's called global warming. The main thing is that they get warnings for the extreme weather events out as early as possible.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 5:58pm
I'm well prepared: Nowhere near the beach so house won't topple into the ocean; no cyclones, tornadoes, earthquakes, volcanoes, floods or even fires (touch wood); regular power, internet & water supply as well as a cheap to run split system aircon.
What more could I wish for?

Edited by Gay3 - 18 Mar 2018 at 5:59pm
Experience is something you gain a few minutes after you could have used it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 6:34pm
Fwiw, courtesy Racenet jockeys comments:

Luke Currie's comment on Sunlight:
She was good today. She was really quick early. Even a little bit keen so hopefully that run takes the edge off her for next week. She did need it because she was getting tired late. She seems to thrive with racing. Tony (McEvoy) got the key to her early and worked her out pretty quick. She’s been up here for a while now. She put on a bit of weight after the Magic Millions. She’s a bit like her jockey in the fact she can put weight on pretty quick. This run will tighten her up for next week.

Jordan Childs on Written By:
He is a real athlete of a horse. He jumps out of the barriers well. He puts himself in the race. He perhaps struggled a little bit going the opposite way but it should put him in good stead for next week. He is still learning and he has got a lot of ability there. It is good seeing him doing the right things. I think today will really bring him on.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 7:51pm
Excuse his Seabrook hyperbole....

Not a great trial by Enbihaar I must say. Shocked

Hayes banking on Melbourne form

Andrew Eddy racing.com

The Lindsay Park stable has enjoyed a dream run through Melbourne’s Festival Of Racing and team captain David Hayes is relying on that carnival form proving superior as racing’s spotlight turns to Sydney.

After yet another successful season so far with juveniles, Lindsay Park will end up with two runners in Saturday’s $3.5 million Golden Slipper Stakes but while neither Long Leaf or Enbihaar have raced against the Sydney youngsters, Hayes said the Melbourne form was showing up repeatedly in the Slipper lead-ups.

‘’We’ve seen over the past few weeks the Melbourne form really stand up in Sydney and based on that alone, we take our two into the race with some confidence,’’ Hayes said on Sunday.

Blue Diamond Stakes winner Written By showed his class by remaining undefeated in the Pago Pago Stakes at Rosehill last Saturday while just two weeks earlier Seabrook, who was balloted from the Blue Diamond, thrashed the Sydney fillies in the Sweet Embrace Stakes.

Hayes said Long Leaf found trouble in the Blue Diamond but had freshened up well since then and would wear blinkers on for the first time on Saturday for jockey Blake Shinn.

’You can forget his run in the Blue Diamond where he got squeezed out,’’ Hayes said. ‘’We’ve put blinkers on and you’ve always got to forgive horses one bad run and respect them when they get blinkers. He’ll improve out of sight.’’

As for Enbihaar, who followed up her second placing in the Blue Diamond with a second placing in an 800-metre barrier trial at Randwick last Thursday, Hayes said that all things pointed towards a big run on Saturday.

‘’She got dragged back to last because of the barrier in the Diamond and still managed to beat them all but Written By,’’ he said. ‘’That form is hard to top.’’

The Lindsay Park stable is in red-hot form as it comes off three consecutive Saturdays at Flemington with multiple winners.

The stable is unlikely to have a Rosehill Guineas runner this Saturday but will play a big hand in the group 1 $700,000 Ranvet Stakes over 2000 metres.

After enjoying great success in the Australian Cup earlier this month - saddling up the winner Harlem and third placegetter Ventura Storm - Hayes said he again expected that form to stand up against Sydney’s weight-for-age gallopers.

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 8:22am
Story that Coolmoore have bought a half share in Slipper colt for 3 mill. with contingency, any confirmation on this.? Colt is Aymerton.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 9:30am
Barriers from the live draw

1Written By               4 
2 Santos                      7
3 Aylmerton                8
4 Long Leaf                 19
5 Performer                16
6 Ef troop                     2
7 PraIrie Fire               6
8 Sandbar                    3
9 Enbihaar                  15
10 Sunlight                  5
11 Estijaab                  17
12 Oohood                  11
13 Fiesta                     20  
14 Sizzling Belle          1 
15 Seabrook               12
16 Secret Lady           13
17E Qafila                   10
18E Gongs                   14
19E Legend of Condor  9
20E Spin                      18
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 9:32am
Mention that SANTOS, FIESTA STAR and I think one other are racing for a $1M breeder bonus should they win
horseshoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horseshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 9:51am
Nugget to win
Those who know don't tell, Those who tell don't know
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 11:27am
BoM revised forecast has upped the ante. Parramatta 39-75mms in the next 3 days.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 11:43am
Race 7 - 4:10PM 2018 LONGINES GOLDEN SLIPPER (1200 METRES)Times displayed in local time of Race Meeting
Of $3,500,000.1st $2,000,000, 2nd $600,000, 3rd $300,000, 4th $170,000, 5th $110,000, 6th $50,000, 7th $50,000, 8th $50,000, 9th $50,000, 10th $50,000, Equine Welfare Fund $35,000, Jockey Welfare Fund $35,000. GROUP 1
Set Weights, Two-Years-Old, Apprentices cannot claim.

Track Name: Main Track Type: Turf

Field Limit: 16 + 4 EM

No     Last 10     Horse     Trainer     Jockey     Barrier     Weight     Penalty     Hcp Rating
1     1x111     WRITTEN BY     Grahame Begg     Jordan Childs     4     56.5kg          
2     34x11     SANTOS     Gai Waterhouse & Adrian Bott     Tim Clark     7     56.5kg          
3     11     AYLMERTON     Jean Dubois     Tommy Berry     8     56.5kg          
4     11x10     LONG LEAF     David & B Hayes & T Dabernig     Blake Shinn     19     56.5kg          
5     1x1L     PERFORMER     Chris Waller     Hugh Bowman     16     56.5kg          
6     1142     EF TROOP     Tony Gollan     Jason Collett     2     56.5kg          
7     314     PRAIRIE FIRE     Mick Price     Mark Zahra     6     56.5kg          
8     1162     SANDBAR     Brad Widdup     Christian Reith     3     56.5kg          
9     112     ENBIHAAR     David & B Hayes & T Dabernig     Stephen Baster     15     54.5kg          
10     3x11111     SUNLIGHT     Tony McEvoy     Luke Currie     5     54.5kg          
11     121     ESTIJAAB     Michael, Wayne & John Hawkes     Brenton Avdulla     17     54.5kg          
12     2x323     OOHOOD     Tony McEvoy     Zac Purton     11     54.5kg          
13     32x12     FIESTA     Chris Waller     Kerrin McEvoy     20     54.5kg          
14     1112     SIZZLING BELLE     Nick Olive     Ms Kathy O'Hara     1     54.5kg          
15     4x31     SEABROOK (NZ)     Mick Price     Damien Oliver     12     54.5kg          
16     212574     SECRET LADY     Gary Portelli     Ben Melham     13     54.5kg          
17e     14x74     QAFILA     David & B Hayes & T Dabernig     Craig Williams     10     54.5kg          
18e     11x34     GONGS     James Cummings     Tye Angland     14     54.5kg          
19e     1x434     LEGEND OF CONDOR     Gerald Ryan          9     56.5kg          
20e     42x23     SPIN     Peter & Paul Snowden          18     56.5kg          
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 1:18pm
does anyone have the recent win of Seabrook on video to put on here?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 1:37pm
Pretty well all NSW race replays can be found here http://www.racingnsw.com.au/default.aspx  Search for your horse then click on whichever of its races you want to view .

Seabrook's win:
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic