Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Golden Rose

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Golden Rose
    Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 1:49pm
Great bunch of 3yo's here to kick off spring racing, Lean Mean Machine's win very much reminiscent of Octagonals early spring imo, but it doesn't stop there , even Zousain is in with a chance, drawn a gate and has J Mac, very hard to put your finger on one and say "will win" imo, but will try.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 4:38pm
Great race! Even Tchaikovsky could pull something out. Lots of good 3yos dodging the race, so have to respect the ones having a crack.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 5:36pm
Sandbar will go around at big odds again. He just did not handle the track last time, his dry form is good and 1400m looks good to me. $31 dollars way overs.

Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 7:25pm
My namesake, LMM is just a winner, and that for me is the form line. 
Jonker and Zousain might get softer runs from the better draw, but not sold on Graff. 
TASun is the KO horse, but will need to be ridden for luck from 10.

Don't see anything else in the F4.
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 7:48pm
Lol at your namesake Doc, was on thanks to Ada Hunter and will be having quite a go at the exacta with TAS tomorrow.
Best of luckđź‘Ť
room for a slew View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote room for a slew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 10:56pm
Took 5 horses all in in August

Got Graff left

On at 51s ew

Reckon he will run a cracker

Scared of TAS though
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 12:15am
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

Sandbar will go around at big odds again. He just did not handle the track last time, his dry form is good and 1400m looks good to me. $31 dollars way overs.

I nearly put Sandbar in the Winners & Roughies, def having a wager now

“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
SHOVHOG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 8:39am
Waller has got that look in his eye when he talks about the autumn suns chances. Shut the gate. The 9 horse field and the wide barrier play right into his hands and the horse will be worth a squillion after today.
" In gambling the many must lose in order for the few to win"
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 10:05am
I know there will be a top horse come out of this but I can't figure out who it is.Confused
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Nick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 10:23am
Lean Lean Machine
Graff
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 10:28am
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

yeah i thought Sandbar would improve on top of the ground - nice win first up with the 59kg. Graff and Autumn sun the other 2
SHOVHOG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 10:41am
Gee you people are over complicating this race. The autumn sun is basically unbeaten even tye angland the jockey of LMM isn't confident of beating the autumn sun. Waller has said probably only Winx is a better horse in his stable and the blinkers will add that extra dimension. At the top of the straight graff supporters will know they're done when the looming shadow of this outstanding colt goes sailing by.

I'm not claiming to know everything but I know a few things about this horse that few outside the stable know and this lot he is facing today aren't in the same league as this bloke
" In gambling the many must lose in order for the few to win"
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 11:52am
When the ATC and VRC can't agree on anything what do you expect on a forum ?
it's racing that's why they offer odds and it's nice to be part of it , so good luck with your choice we just agree to disagree.
Red Rancher View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Rancher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 3:58pm
TAS is a star. I didn't back him but thought was super impressive, How good is he?
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 4:10pm
Classy colt the winner, gave em all a start, collett a pair back than needed imo maybe runs second , but no hope with the winner , onya shuvog can't say we weren't warned.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 6:39pm
Waller loves that Atkins/Rose combo. Super win.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Post Reply Post Reply