Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Global Warming or Green-Leftist Lies ...?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 232425
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newtown Old Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 4:45pm
So now the National Farmers' Federation believes there is climate change and something needs to be done? Leftist swines...
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by Newtown Old Boy Newtown Old Boy wrote:

So now the National Farmers' Federation believes there is climate change and something needs to be done? Leftist swines...

Probably the best line of attack to get a handout.

If you can generate electricity by any means than coal , they will subsidise you with billions.   
   I'm applying, as I generate a lot of heat when throwing the leg over the girl next door.      

Do i take precautions you ask ,   of course I do ,   I wear a balaclava.

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 11:56pm
Spot on maccamax - there's no money in any other view, in fact, you risk your livelihood for even questioning it!Dead

UNIVERSITY DISGRACE: THE SILENCING OF PETER RIDD

How dare James Cook University try to gag Professor Peter Ridd from questioning the global warming alarmism of other academics? It has even trawled through his emails to look for dirt. But as you saw on my show last night, this brave man refuses to be cowed, even as his legal bills soar in a confrontation that shames Australian academia.

Some background:

Peter Ridd, a professor of physics, last year again argued that the science behind claims that global warming was destroying the Great Barrier reef was not strong and some science bodies seemed to be exaggerating:

The basic problem is that we can no longer trust the scientific organisations like the Australian Institute of Marine Science, even things like the ARC Centre of Excellence for Coral Reef Studies – a lot of this is stuff is coming out, the science is coming out not properly checked, tested or replicated and this is a great shame because we really need to be able to trust our scientific institutions and the fact is I do not think we can any more.

Those comments, on Sky News, has his university trying to gag Ridd and threaten him with legal action for not being more "collegial" - a ludicrous and sinister attempt to impose group think on a scientist.Ridd has refused to buckle, claiming free speech and proper scientific debate - the questioning of propositions - are at stake.

Ridd soon faced legal bills of $95,000. The good news is that he raised that in a Go Fund Me campaign in just two days.

Clearly, many thinking Australians are deeply troubled by this persecution of an academic by a university that is actually funded to promote academic debate, not crush it.

It stuns me that the Turnbull Government has been silent on such an important issue and has not told the university to drop this campaign or face intervention. I suspect that the great global warming religion is now considered so sacred that we must not only destroy our reliable electricity system, spend billions on unnecessary desalination plants, fritter billions more on useless global warming schemes, consider tax breaks or subsidies for millions of expensive electric cars, but also crush any scientist who dares question the shaky science on which this whole, tottering edifice is built.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/blogs/andrew-bolt/university-disgrace-the-silencing-of-peter-ridd/news-story/59eadf2bc40b7afdb485e8cd01e81a43

... and for the "Bolt Deranged" leftards ... right from the horses mouth - The Guardian!

Peter Ridd's sacking pushes the limit of academic freedom

‘The massive coral bleaching in recent years was no cause for concern, because coral grew back, [Ridd] claimed.’

James Cook University may have damaged its reputation with a heavy-handed approach to the academic with minority views on climate change and the reef

I hate to say it (honesty!), but the sacking of professor Peter Ridd by James Cook University does raise issues of academic freedom. Not simple issues, and ones that can be refuted as the university is doing, but ones that matter nonetheless.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jun/05/peter-ridds-sacking-pushes-the-limit-of-academic-freedom

In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 1:43am
... but the Science is Settled ... haven't you seen all the "Record High" Temperatures that have been recorded ... and finally PROOF that Global Warming IS Man Made ... 

Mr Whippy is the culprit!!!LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Friday Funny: Scottish “record high temperature” caused by Ice Cream Truck

From the  “I scream, you scream, we all scream for higher temperatures” department. Yesterday, Paul Homewood and I went on a collaborative search to find the weather station at Strathclyde Park which had it’s all-time Scottish high temperature record denied by the Met Office, to no avail. It just wasn’t easily visible. One of Paul’s readers went to the scene and took photos, but it isnit just the photos, it’s what he found out. 

Sent: 06 July 2018 22:14
To: paul homewood
Subject: Re: Strathclyde

Hi Paul,

Having read that they were blaming a car exhaust I revisited the park.  I discovered that the weather station is split over two sites.  The anemometer and wind direction indicators are on the roof.  The stevenson screen is in the boat compound.  I have attached two google screen shots showing the position of the Stevenson Screen as well as photos.  The screen shot shows a large tent? close beside the Stevenson screen, but over the last couple of summers and without doubt in our extraordinary weather recently that position is taken up by an ice cream van which stays there all day with it’s engine running to keep the freezers working.  The boat compound is in a continual state of flux depending on what events are being held in the park.

Thanks for all the work you put into your site,

Duncan

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2018/07/06/friday-funny-scottish-record-high-temperature-caused-by-ice-cream-truck/

In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 1:45am
^ My understanding is that this remains unreported by CNN, Your ABC, The Guardian, The Project, CNNPT, or any of the Leftard FAKE NEWS media ... unsurprisingly.Dead
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 9:18pm
That's good....lol
Scientist & Global Warming Expert
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 10:28pm
Unquestionably "man made" warming this time oneone!Geek

... and they knew it was hot that day, because the ice cream truck never moved!LOL
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 7:23am
Haven't seen any ravings from Al Gore in recent times ,   Should we add him to the " dying thread " .

Our famous Scientist Tim Flannery got a pay rise for being so wrong years ago.     No compensation for all the fools who put in water tanks .
I always wondered what was going to fill the tanks if it wasn't going to rain.
   Madness is NOT a wealth hazard.

ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 12:45pm
My water tank would have filled three times over in the last fortnight. Should I get another one? 
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 6:33pm
Great to see Elon the Snake Oil Salesman who has succeeded in ripping off the South Australian Government, being exposed for the self promoting, rent seeking con man that he really is ... just like most of those trying to benefit from the Global Warming hysteria!Big smile

The British diver from the Thai cave rescue that Elon Musk called a 'pedo' is considering suing the billionaire

• A British diver involved in the Thai cave rescue mission has indicated he could sue Elon Musk for defamatory comments.
  • Musk called the diver a “pedo” on Sunday before later deleting his tweet.
  • The insult came after Unsworth criticised the “kid-sized sub” that the CEO of Tesla, SpaceX, and The Boring Company delivered to Thailand as being a “PR stunt.”
  • “It’s not finished,” Unsworth told Australian media on Monday, adding Musk’s insult meant “people realise what kind of guy he is.”

Read more at https://www.businessinsider.com/the-british-cave-rescue-diver-may-sue-elon-musk-over-pedo-comment-2018-7#4gfBAHQWkM3FpgKj.99
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 6:44pm
A rather specific thing to call the guy. Any background to it?
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 11:59pm
Withdrew the tweet quicker than he will withdraw his "big battery" when Australia wakes up and withdraws subsidies for renewables!

Regardless, it was just a bitchy snipe by ELON, a typical leftwing sook who's been called out for what he is.

PS: When tf did YOU all of a sudden develop an interest in "background" to support "news" items?Confused
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 9:20pm
His PEDO term will be a costly flap of the tongue .

And so it should be.

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 hours 55 minutes ago at 12:57am
Remember the MAD old days .   

When Tim Flannery was so concerned about the water shortage ,

He closed 3 lanes of all the local swimming pools.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 232425
  Share Topic