Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Global Warming or Green-Leftist Lies ...?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login


Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Global Warming or Green-Leftist Lies ...?

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Message
djebel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion
Avatar

Joined: 07 Mar 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 33367
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9 hours 55 minutes ago at 7:19pm
I see you wrote to your local rag Dr.E



STRIKE WHILST THE IRON IS HOT

reductio ad absurdum

The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least.

Back to Top
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.


Back to Top
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion


Joined: 05 Feb 2013
Location: Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 17384
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9 hours 32 minutes ago at 7:42pm
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

Excellent post 3BM. I recall watching an episode of the Insiders shortly after Weatherill gatecrashed Frydenburg's press conference. Say what you like about that, but it certainly flushed the Govt out- they announced about three (admittedly quarter-baked) "initiatives" in the space of about a week.

Anyway according to the panel this was dumb of Turnbull- Abbott would've just hammered Labor on renewables and done nothing, which would've been the prudent course. And I'm trying to digest this- apparently it's better NOT to try and address the problems confronting this country, particularly if it's going to cause you short term political pain. The politicians, the media class- it's all a game to these people.
Turnbull is an operative of the Regressive Left, what do we expect?

He hasn't supported a Conservative policy since he bought his position as Prime Minister.

He loves the Insiders, cherishes his opportunities on Q&A, craves the endorsement and will only be interviewed by Leigh Sales and Waleed ... also easy to see that the bureaucracy that surrounds and advises the PM's office is now just a cesspit of Green left sycophants (like most of the public service self interest industry) ... they couldn't be so obviously lacking in judgement otherwise.

Of course he is going to do what they suggest, he actually believes that they reflect or represent what real people think, since he doesn't know any - he IS Mr Harbour Side Mansion, so he can't be too worried about "Global Warming Disasters!" either ... he is a weak, completely out of touch populist.

Haven't you seen his last reaction to Barrie Cassidy and the frowning hypocrites at Channel 2 - it's called "The Leg Over Legislation", trying to control people's sex lives? ... straight out of his favourite read, "Communism for Dummies" ... open your eyes and smell the flowers! 

... and in spite of ALL of that, still far better than the Shorten alternative.
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Back to Top
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion


Joined: 05 Feb 2013
Location: Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 17384
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9 hours 30 minutes ago at 7:44pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

I see you wrote to your local rag Dr.E


... and if that was written by Chris Hill, Climate Scientist, you'd move to Queensland tomorrow!LOL
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Back to Top
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion


Joined: 05 Feb 2013
Location: Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 17384
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8 hours 56 minutes ago at 8:18pm
Originally posted by marble marble wrote:

Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Yes that's right Marble - the deniers are the deluded ones. Ever thought that it may be the other way around ? You cannot argue that the whole subject has become a massive global issue - & that many , many businesses /groups of people /individuals are making a hell of a lot of money out of it. Reputations, continued money streams & companies bottom lines rely on it . So the first problem for me is even if evidence became available today to "prove" it was all cobblers it would take a long time for those I speak of to accept it. All of a sudden I suspect they would become the "deniers". Which maybe what's actually going on right now with many of the doomsday predictions of a few years back not readily on the horizon.
The second real issue I have is even if it is true that we are the root cause for global warming I question its real impact. Yes there will be slight increases in sea levels that will impact some land areas, some animal/plant species "may" suffer & some areas will become slightly hotter/colder. So what ? - all that has occurred thousands of times since year dot on this planet - & for the very vast majority their were no humans in sight. So I am pretty sure we can adapt as required. We actually have the advantage of managing the change. And whose to say their wont be as many winners as losers ? I mean all those freezing hell holes around the planet would love a bit more heat I would have thought.
 
The third issue is that its trendy to knock the deniers. Have a look at most of the Greenies on the bandwagon - that in itself should be enough for folk like (you assuming you are not one of them - juries out) to have a bit of a rethink. 3bm keeps going on about deniers being lazy & unable to educate themselves on the issue. Hope he's not suggesting that rabble have.

why have tories taken ownership of climate denial ? is it a greed thing? 
and if you dont know what harm raising the average temperature of air and oceans is then you must have your head buried in right wing propaganda.
i'm a queenslander and the reef rakes in millions of tourism dollars a year. I suppose if it dies we could just dig some more coal out of the ground.
In fiji villages are already relocating to higher ground.
What happens in the northern hemisphere if the permafrost thaws? millions of tons of trapped carbon and methane will be released. Do you think that would be good for the planet?
do you think displacement of millions of Asians might be good for australia?


You do know that coral reefs have flourished for millions of years in waters much warmer than what has been recently experienced off the Queensland coast ... I'm not having a go at you about your lack of knowledge, because this is a subject that the greens shamelessly lie about ... if you read enough from GetUpset, you would believe that the reef was destroyed, and that Adani was to blame!

Are you aware that a decent storm at sea and the resulting massive disturbance of seabed sediment, causes far more devastation to the reef than any "man made" disaster, and always has. 

 

During a Hurricane, What Happens Underwater?


A hurricane the size of Irma can cause extensive damage on land with massive storm surges, excessive rainfall and raging winds. But what exactly happens below the ocean's surface, in the deep sea, when these storms pass through?

Hurricanes can be death sentences for coral and sea creatures that are territorial, meaning they won't leave their homes to flee to safety, or for creatures that are slow swimmers, such as the seahorse, researchers told Live Science. Other animals, such as sharks and some fish, simply swim out of danger's way.

Man-made objects stationed underwater can be blasted by powerful, hurricane-driven currents, said Curt Storlazzi, a geological oceanographer with the U.S. Geological Survey.Those objects can include long-lost shipwrecks, gas and oil pipelines and fiber-optic cables, he added.

https://www.livescience.com/60354-how-hurricanes-impact-underwater-marine-life.html


I wouldn't be surprised what the villagers of Fiji have been conned into doing by agenda driven NGOs, since the Poster Island Nation for the Greenies' "rising water levels" lie, Tuvalu has proven to be such a disappointment!Angry

The sinking island nation of Tuvalu is actually growing
The Pacific island nation of Tuvalu has long been considered at great risk of sinking beneath rising sea levels due to climate change. However, scientists at the University of Auckland have learned that it is actually increasing in size, with the island’s total land area having grown 2.9 percent between 1971 and 2014. “We tend to think of Pacific atolls as static landforms that will simply be inundated as sea levels rise, but there is growing evidence these islands are geologically dynamic and are constantly changing,” study co-author Paul Kench told Phys.org. “The study findings may seem counter-intuitive, given that (the) sea level has been rising in the region over the past half century, but the dominant mode of change over that time on Tuvalu has been expansion, not erosion.”

https://inhabitat.com/sinking-island-nation-of-tuvalu-is-actually-growing/
 

As 3blindmice loves to say, you might wish to do some reading ... you may need to broaden your reading sphere compared to his, but don't be an out of touch, OUTRAGED, hypocritical leftie, and just shout down anyone who disagrees with the "settled science" ... because there is no such thing.

 
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Back to Top
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion


Joined: 22 Oct 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 14976
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8 hours 34 minutes ago at 8:40pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Gee 3bm - not much changes with you either. Always keen to portray everyone else who posts on here as a dope mingling "in the cesspit" of TBV. Elitist , pompous , head up your clacker , prat are just some of the terms that come to mind.
I still believe if the terms climate/ global - warming / change had never been raised as an issue our cost structure for power would be a lot different in this country. Of course privatisation has played its part in some states . So has the confusion / lack of agreed policy resulting in the power companies to play the situation to suit themselves. I mean arnt they getting record profits at a time when consumers are paying top dollar. Something doesn't add up

Elitist because I expose your fcuking ignorance? Lol. You are what you post and deserve the derision you get. At times I held out some hope for you but you just can't break that nexus with your con mates enough to investigate and think for yourself. The post that I ripped apart was deja vu from the GW thread - 2 years to do some basic reading, inform yourself and at least get a basic understanding of the topic you're contributing to, and still the same ignorance. You're kidding me. I'll repeat - there are reams of analyses on our electricity prices sitting there waiting for you to read. Half an hour scanning should be more than enough.

My posts above exposing the lies and other related garbage from the thread author - which you obviously couldn't be bothered to read - summarised, with links, exactly what you were whinging about so you didn't even have to search for your own sources. Would have been better if you had done so of course because then we could have had a moderately intelligent (neither of us has the in-depth knowledge to claim more) and reasoned discussion.  
Back to Top
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion


Joined: 22 Oct 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 14976
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7 hours 38 minutes ago at 9:36pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

You do know that coral reefs have flourished for millions of years in waters much warmer than what has been recently experienced off the Queensland coast ... I'm not having a go at you about your lack of knowledge, because this is a subject that the greens shamelessly lie about ... if you read enough from GetUpset, you would believe that the reef was destroyed, and that Adani was to blame!

Lol. So now you're an expert of the GBR and specific corals? What a fw. How long did it take for these reefs to adapt and/or recover? Were they consituted of the same corals found in the GBR? Whose data/analysis did you use to arrive at your profound statement? Surely not studies by scientists? dressmaker.

Are you aware that a decent storm at sea and the resulting massive disturbance of seabed sediment, causes far more devastation to the reef than any "man made" disaster, and always has. 
More science?

During a Hurricane, What Happens Underwater?

A hurricane the size of Irma can cause extensive damage on land with massive storm surges, excessive rainfall and raging winds. But what exactly happens below the ocean's surface, in the deep sea, when these storms pass through?

Hurricanes can be death sentences for coral and sea creatures that are territorial, meaning they won't leave their homes to flee to safety, or for creatures that are slow swimmers, such as the seahorse, researchers told Live Science. Other animals, such as sharks and some fish, simply swim out of danger's way.

Man-made objects stationed underwater can be blasted by powerful, hurricane-driven currents, said Curt Storlazzi, a geological oceanographer with the U.S. Geological Survey.Those objects can include long-lost shipwrecks, gas and oil pipelines and fiber-optic cables, he added.

https://www.livescience.com/60354-how-hurricanes-impact-underwater-marine-life.html


I wouldn't be surprised what the villagers of Fiji have been conned into doing by agenda driven NGOs, since the Poster Island Nation for the Greenies' "rising water levels" lie, Tuvalu has proven to be such a disappointment!Angry

The sinking island nation of Tuvalu is actually growing
The Pacific island nation of Tuvalu has long been considered at great risk of sinking beneath rising sea levels due to climate change. However, scientists at the University of Auckland have learned that it is actually increasing in size, with the island’s total land area having grown 2.9 percent between 1971 and 2014. “We tend to think of Pacific atolls as static landforms that will simply be inundated as sea levels rise, but there is growing evidence these islands are geologically dynamic and are constantly changing,” study co-author Paul Kench told Phys.org. “The study findings may seem counter-intuitive, given that (the) sea level has been rising in the region over the past half century, but the dominant mode of change over that time on Tuvalu has been expansion, not erosion.”

https://inhabitat.com/sinking-island-nation-of-tuvalu-is-actually-growing/

And this is relevant how? You're a little picture, little knowledge, loud mouth but your modus operandi is easily exposed. Your "supporters" must be wondering ow it is that you accept science when you think (nb)  it suits your argument but it's all lies and exaggeration when it doesn't.  Childish rubbish. Islands grow and diminish for many reasons - often completely unrelated to GW. Look it up. GW will have a range of effects in different areas - the modelling has told us this for more than a decade. I'll see your Tuvalu and raise you The Maldives and the Solomons. 

As 3blindmice loves to say, you might wish to do some reading ... you may need to broaden your reading sphere compared to his, but don't be an out of touch, OUTRAGED, hypocritical leftie, and just shout down anyone who disagrees with the "settled science" ... because there is no such thing.

 


So lets put some more of your nonsense to bed. Rising temperatures will indeed help some people, probably some species and some crops. Cliamte scientists have told us this since the year dot but this is apparently recent news to you and in your tiny mind it therefore invalidates the many negatives associated with a warming planet. 

It's clear you also don't understand the reason scientists have been studying the climate change and issuing warnings - to allow governments, businesses, producers and individuals to consider what can and should be done, and prepare! Many are no doubt simply assuming that temps won't be coming down and have already taken action on the basis of the modelling (look up wine some time - here I've done it for you but as ever there are plenty more: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-12-04/how-climate-change-is-affecting-the-wine-we-drink/8074252). 

So storms damage reefs. Incredible. So does runoff. Bleaching has occurred previously and reefs have recovered over a long period. Some corals are more resilient than others (GBR scientists are researching this, which as an avid watcher of the ABC you know - lol). Again, so what? Crown of thorns starfish are natural. Should we ignore issues which we can at least try to mitigate? 

The whole point (excluding philosophy) of research is to understand how and why things work. This then allows us to make informed decisions. Think Packer offloaded Perisher because he thought snow depths would be bigger and/or more consistent in the next decade or so? 
Back to Top
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion


Joined: 05 Feb 2013
Location: Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 17384
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7 hours 31 minutes ago at 9:43pm
May i one one?

Elitist because I expose your fcuking ignorance? Lol. You are what you post and deserve the derision you get. At times I held out some hope for you

No ELITIST because of stuff like this.

The post that I ripped apart ...

and this.

2 years to do some basic reading, inform yourself and at least get a basic understanding ...

and this.

I guess when you live without filters ... when one lives without friends or anyone who gives a gelati about you, the lines can become blurred between thinking that you are being clever, or being, well, an out of touch, delusional, arrogant, ELITIST ass wipe! ... all the book learnin' in the whole wide world won't make one smart or clever, or even credible, because people become bored with the smart ass repetition of the crap that is stuck in ones head, blissfully unaware that it is constantly being denounced as bad science and lies, which finally degenerates into retorts that are just sad insults due to the inability to argue the salient points brought up ... Wink 


In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Back to Top
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion


Joined: 22 Oct 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 14976
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7 hours 31 minutes ago at 9:43pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

I see you wrote to your local rag Dr.E

LOL
Doubt it though.  Mr? Hill sounds like Einstein in comparison.
Back to Top
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion


Joined: 05 Feb 2013
Location: Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 17384
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7 hours 29 minutes ago at 9:45pm
MORE ABC opinionated leftist crap? ... What did i just say?Cry
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Back to Top
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion


Joined: 22 Oct 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 14976
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7 hours 16 minutes ago at 9:58pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

May i one one?

Elitist because I expose your fcuking ignorance? Lol. You are what you post and deserve the derision you get. At times I held out some hope for you

No ELITIST because of stuff like this.

The post that I ripped apart ...

and this.

2 years to do some basic reading, inform yourself and at least get a basic understanding ...

and this.

I guess when you live without filters ... when one lives without friends or anyone who gives a gelati about you, the lines can become blurred between thinking that you are being clever, or being, well, an out of touch, delusional, arrogant, ELITIST ass wipe! ... all the book learnin' in the whole wide world won't make one smart or clever, or even credible, because people become bored with the smart ass repetition of the crap that is stuck in ones head, blissfully unaware that it is constantly being denounced as bad science and lies, which finally degenerates into retorts that are just sad insults due to the inability to argue the salient points brought up ... Wink 



In the internet age there's nothing elitist about information, or truth for that matter. Nobody is excluded from reading and getting at least a basic understanding of topics before they post their opinions. That's a CHOICE.  Some might not be able to understand the big picture and the complexities but they aren't the ones sounding off with fwitted, ignorant and puerile comments - and lies,  as we've seen in this thread. That would be primarily YOU, and a few others for good measure elsewhere. What's the common denominator? One guess. As John Stuart Mill once remarked - "Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative." I doubt he was referring to people with limited IQs, more likely those who are ignorant by choice. 
Back to Top
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion


Joined: 05 Feb 2013
Location: Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 17384
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7 hours 5 minutes ago at 10:09pm
The whole point (excluding philosophy) of research is to understand how and why things work. This then allows us to make informed decisions. Think Packer offloaded Perisher because he thought snow depths would be bigger and/or more consistent in the next decade or so? 

Firstly, Kerry he ain't!

Secondly, nobody disputes the need and value of research ... the arrogance to think that the research that has been done in this area is anywhere near adequate to draw accurate conclusions that could vindicate the actions of the snake oil peddling rent seekers' who push renewable "solutions" onto unsuspecting naive, mostly desperate governments (see South Australia), is staggeringly stupid. EVERY model, conclusion and prediction, including the manipulation of data, has been exposed ...

That is only overshadowed by the arrogance to think that we can change the weather with these technologies anyway ... all they do for Australia is send us toward bankruptcy, when EVEN THE MOST ADAMANT CLIMATE SCIENTIST acknowledges that if we were at 100% UNAFFORDABLE, UNRELIABLE renewable energy, it makes NO DIFFERENCE TO CLIMATE CHANGE or GLOBAL WARMING.

I'm all for a cleaner planet, my problem is the brain washed zealots who can't see the smoke for the water vapor.

Crown of thorns was a typical Greenies Alarmist cause too! ... just nature, again!

Any comments on the sun and it's influence on the weather? ... unimportant?
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Back to Top
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion


Joined: 05 Feb 2013
Location: Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 17384
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7 hours 2 minutes ago at 10:12pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

May i one one?

Elitist because I expose your fcuking ignorance? Lol. You are what you post and deserve the derision you get. At times I held out some hope for you

No ELITIST because of stuff like this.

The post that I ripped apart ...

and this.

2 years to do some basic reading, inform yourself and at least get a basic understanding ...

and this.

I guess when you live without filters ... when one lives without friends or anyone who gives a gelati about you, the lines can become blurred between thinking that you are being clever, or being, well, an out of touch, delusional, arrogant, ELITIST ass wipe! ... all the book learnin' in the whole wide world won't make one smart or clever, or even credible, because people become bored with the smart ass repetition of the crap that is stuck in ones head, blissfully unaware that it is constantly being denounced as bad science and lies, which finally degenerates into retorts that are just sad insults due to the inability to argue the salient points brought up ... Wink 



In the internet age there's nothing elitist about information, or truth for that matter. Nobody is excluded from reading and getting at least a basic understanding of topics before they post their opinions. That's a CHOICE.  Some might not be able to understand the big picture and the complexities but they aren't the ones sounding off with fwitted, ignorant and puerile comments - and lies,  as we've seen in this thread. That would be primarily YOU, and a few others for good measure elsewhere. What's the common denominator? One guess. As John Stuart Mill once remarked - "Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative." I doubt he was referring to people with limited IQs, more likely those who are ignorant by choice. 

Couldn't help yourself could you!LOL

... and most socialists are just immature conservatives.Wink
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Back to Top
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion


Joined: 22 Oct 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 14976
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 50 minutes ago at 10:24pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

& as I've told you many times before - you do realise most of us down here in the cesspit ( your words) don't even bother reading the crap you write don't you. At the end of the day you are a very poor communicator - when you have to talk down to us dopes you can at least try to get rid of the pompous tone that comes with everything you write. Very poor - sort it out please because I really do want to understand what your trying to say

I've said before I don't care whether you read what I write - it's written to expose the ignorance and fwitism of particular posters whose "opinion" is in inverse proportion to their knowledge and ability to think. PM me and I'll send you the name of the prime offender. LOL 

To correct the record.  I was referring to the cesspit of (primarily) ignorant conservatives. 
The fact that you identify with ignorant forum fwits and can't drag yourself out of their cesspit?

Back to Top
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion


Joined: 05 Feb 2013
Location: Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 17384
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 46 minutes ago at 10:28pm
You just keep validating every point I make LOL

Cheers for that!Wink
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Back to Top
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion


Joined: 22 Oct 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 14976
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 36 minutes ago at 10:38pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Couldn't help yourself could you!LOL

Always happy to point out the obvious. Others are more polite but in your case in particular I see no reason to follow suit. 

Found those 700% numbers yet?

On another matter: how's your treatise on "morals and disease" coming along? Come up with a definition of "moral virtuousity" yet?
Back to Top
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion


Joined: 22 Oct 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 14976
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 21 minutes ago at 10:53pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

You just keep validating every point I make LOL

Cheers for that!Wink

No problems, you need all the help you can get. 

We have one thing in common, which surprises me enormously. The clue is in this, which apparently upsets you:  "I've said before I don't care whether you read what I write".  

Unless you have zero self-respect I assume that's the view you take of your own "contributions" also, although for an entirely different reason? 
Back to Top
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion


Joined: 22 Oct 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 14976
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 1 minutes ago at 11:13pm
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

Excellent post 3BM. I recall watching an episode of the Insiders shortly after Weatherill gatecrashed Frydenburg's press conference. Say what you like about that, but it certainly flushed the Govt out- they announced about three (admittedly quarter-baked) "initiatives" in the space of about a week.

Anyway according to the panel this was dumb of Turnbull- Abbott would've just hammered Labor on renewables and done nothing, which would've been the prudent course. And I'm trying to digest this- apparently it's better NOT to try and address the problems confronting this country, particularly if it's going to cause you short term political pain. The politicians, the media class- it's all a game to these people.

And unfortunately our complacency permits them to get away with it. The tabloid press in Britain rightly gets ripped apart but can you imagine what they'd do to a government/parliament which allows its resources to be plundered by multinationals while simultaneously handing them tens of billions of dollars in subsidies?  Not just a national travesty but also a national disgrace.

Back to Top
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 23737
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5 hours 41 minutes ago at 11:33pm
   
100 reasons why climate change is natural and not man-made
Submitted by FREE ENERGY on Sun, 2016-01-10 14:10

100 reasons why climate change is natural and not man-made

HERE are the 100 reasons, released in a dossier issued by the European Foundation, why climate change is natural and not man-made:
1) There is “no real scientific proof” that the current warming is caused by the rise of greenhouse gases from man’s activity.

2) Man-made carbon dioxide emissions throughout human history constitute less than 0.00022 percent of the total naturally emitted from the mantle of the earth during geological history.

3) Warmer periods of the Earth’s history came around 800 years before rises in CO2 levels.

4) After World War II, there was a huge surge in recorded CO2 emissions but global temperatures fell for four decades after 1940.
-----------
The other 96 reasons are just as convincing.
Back to Top
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion


Joined: 22 Oct 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 14976
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4 hours 13 minutes ago at 1:01am
The other 96 reasons are just as convincing.
I'm sure they are Macca.

1) There is “no real scientific proof” that the current warming is caused by the rise of greenhouse gases from man’s activity.

Actually there is a huge body of credible scientific data and analysis which says with confidence (science rarely deals in absolutes which the author knows -lol) that greenhouse gases are the major cause of current global warming and that human activity is the primary cause of their increase. Hence Anthropogenic Global Warming.

2) Man-made carbon dioxide emissions throughout human history constitute less than 0.00022 percent of the total naturally emitted from the mantle of the earth during geological history.

A complete red herring. We aren't talking about the hundreds of millions of years of geological history, we're talking about a tiny window in the Earth's life. In the timeframe quoted by Mr FREE ENERGY oxygen content has also fluctuated wildy. So what? Graphs showing a significant increases in CO2 and the temperature anomaly are easily found.

CO2 is a colourless almost weightless, non-toxic in some cases (we breathe it as do many animals and plants), gas. Increased concentration in the atmosphere (and elsewhere) is the problem. These might help FREE ENERGY understand: People sometimes survive snake bites because only small amounts of venom are injected. A tiny bit more and death awaits. Water is essential to life. Too much and we can die of water intoxication. Some oxygen is good for us, too much can be fatal. It's all about the balance.

Further reading on human and natural CO2 here:
https://www.skepticalscience.com/human-co2-smaller-than-natural-emissions-intermediate.htm

3) Warmer periods of the Earth’s history came around 800 years before rises in CO2 levels.

Wrong. Skeptical Science can speak for me here: 
"Greenhouse gasses – mainly CO2, but also methane – were involved in most of the climate changes in Earth’s past. When they were reduced, the global climate became colder. When they were increased, the global climate became warmer. When CO2 levels jumped rapidly, the global warming that resulted was highly disruptive and sometimes caused mass extinctions. Humans today are emitting prodigious quantities of CO2, at a rate faster than even the most destructive climate changes in earth's past." 
That's an overview - you can read the detailed commentary here:  

4) After World War II, there was a huge surge in recorded CO2 emissions but global temperatures fell for four decades after 1940.
This is far too complex to discuss here but the implication is wrong by omission and the "huge surge" mentioned is pure hyperbole.  CO2 rose while daytime temperature fell by less than 0.2 degrees but night temps actually increased (a pointer to aerosols). Aerosols however did surge.  (See the graphs in the link)
Early and late 20th century warming has been explained primarily by increasing solar activity and increasing CO2 concentrations, respectively, with other factors contributing in both periods. So what caused the cooling period that interrupted the overall trend in the middle of the century? The answer seems to lie in solar dimming, a cooling phenomenon caused by airborne pollutants.

Read the commentary and the open debate here if you want to get a better picture: 
https://www.skepticalscience.com/global-cooling-mid-20th-century-advanced.htm

Back to Top
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion


Joined: 22 Oct 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 14976
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 46 minutes ago at 1:28am
Or to put it into Mr FREE ENERGY's terms: 

1) There is “no real scientific proof” that the current warming is caused by the rise of greenhouse gases from man’s activity.
Bullgelati. Have you been living under a rock for the last decade?

2) Man-made carbon dioxide emissions throughout human history constitute less than 0.00022 percent of the total naturally emitted from the mantle of the earth during geological history.
Interesting, possibly even true enough if scientists provided you the estimate. I can't be bothered verifying your numbers because they're totally irrelevant.

3) Warmer periods of the Earth’s history came around 800 years before rises in CO2 levels.
Wrong again. CO2 isn't the only player but there are good correlations between warming/cooling and CO2 increasing/decreasing through the ages.

Three strikes and you're out usually, but let's press on.

4) After World War II, there was a huge surge in recorded CO2 emissions but global temperatures fell for four decades after 1940.
Yes this would appear to be anomalous and is your first hit out of four tries, even if your comment about as huge surge in CO2 is hyperbole. Day temps dropped a whopping ~0.2 degrees, night temps actually increased by more. In all likelihood aerosols blocked the sun (surprisingly, only during the day - reminds me of that non-PC joke about the Indian space race) thereby reducing the expected/known warming effect of the CO2. 

Back to Top
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 23737
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 1 minutes ago at 2:13am
    If you put that much in depth research into the form of those four legged beasts we so dearly love , especially on Saturdays ,    You would be making a million.
    You could help me convince Sunline & Scamanda that the 3.5 K, Cliffs Edge has over Grunt, is of little consequence come Guineas day .

All I need now is some re assurance , that some Dog won't knock both of them off.                    Is there a horse called CO2 Emissions.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.047 seconds.