Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Global Warming or Green-Leftist Lies ...?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 31>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

My translation of your drivel - not my opinion about you.

So how about this global warming stuff?

How odd. On the other hand it IS my opinion of you based on my translation of yours, enhanced by the info you revealed on another discussion. I'm sure you get my drift. Found those words yet?
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 10:02pm
Here's a word for you to google. Motive.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

On published 2017 generation costs:

If coal energy is ~$40 / KwH to produce (AEMO data, old energy not new builds) and wind/solar is $60-70/KwH  how much more expensive is wind/solar in percentage terms? Feel free to use the upper figure for wind/solar.

Now to calculate the distortion factor of the claim.
Using the % you've calculated above (should be ~175% roughly, lol), by what factor has the thread originator exaggerated?

Since the above arithmetic seems to be too hard how about we try a different measure.

What percentage of domestic electricity bills is down to renewables? 
Average will do because it varies across states and territories. That's just a memory job if you've been paying attention or done reading elsewhere. 

Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Originally posted by Softy Softy wrote:

... and for the last time fcuk knuckle ... please withdraw your deliberately, spurious, hurtful, defamatory, smearing of my good character, immediately!

"Good" is relative and somewhat in the eye of the beholder but your online character speaks for itself fella.

Is the above comment (in pink) an original comment from the Dr or a Gai?

Pretty obvious I'd have thought Mr de Kock? ... you know you're out of your depth, why bother?Embarrassed

I’m beginning to understand the fascination some have with you. You are quite humouress yes
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 10:47pm
And also quite’ morally virtous’’, as they say.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 10:58pm

Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

My translation of your drivel - not my opinion about you.

So how about this global warming stuff?

How odd. On the other hand it IS my opinion of you based on my translation of yours, enhanced by the info you revealed on another discussion. I'm sure you get my drift. Found those words yet?

Que?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 11:16pm

Tongue in cheek Softy? What label would you give to a bloke who invokes the situations of the poor and struggling to try and bolster a very thin argument then immediately gives them the bird a few posts later, who shuns empathy, and mocks social justice?
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 11:23pm

But while we're on tangents (at least this is relatively important and interesting) let's get back to the still uncorroborated [much too big surely Stayer?] 700% [myth].

Stayer feel free to weigh in if simple arithmetic is another of your fortes.

We'll ignore price trends and future costs which clearly favour renewables for the sake of the exercise [that would be a qualifier or context Stayer].

On published 2017 generation costs:

If coal energy is ~$40 / KwH to produce (AEMO data, old energy not new builds) and wind/solar is $60-70/KwH  how much more expensive is wind/solar in percentage terms? Feel free to use the upper figure for wind/solar.

Now to calculate the distortion factor of the claim.
Using the % you've calculated above (should be ~175% roughly, lol), by what factor has the thread originator exaggerated?

I'll leave that incredibly difficult calculation to others.

You are a plodder - spoon fed you, gave you all the information, still found wanting!Ouch

I'm beginning to think we might need to get some CFMEU members to come over and beat the information into ya!LOL

42?

Was my motive too obvious or are you still clinging to your lie?

What lie? ... ask anyone who reads these pages ... I simply do not lie.

I've explained this all before in TBV - admittedly to someone with more intellect than an amoeba - everyone "got it", in fact, my original assumption was that solar and wind power was only about 400% more expensive than coal power, CNNPT set me straight on that with some fresh data at the time!Clap

Off you go plodder - and do take your time - go away and do your homework ... in fact, take a break from drafting your sincere apology to me ... then come back and acknowledge my numbers ... then you can also admit you are clueless about corporate tax, tax avoidance and tax rates, and in fact, blinded by your envy of anyone who has ever worked for anything!Wink
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 11:38pm
I'd add delusion to the list but you put it there yourself a very long time ago. 

Sold your Australian shares yet? 
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 11:41pm

I'd add delusion to the list but you put it there yourself a very long time ago. 

Check the bitcoin thread.LOL
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 11:44pm
Actually just put in some more buy orders tonight Judge ... don't miss out!Wink
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 11:45pm

Are you still trying to win admirers? ... I'll give you a little tip ...LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 11:48pm

Actually just put in some more buy orders tonight Judge ... don't miss out!Wink

Hey, probably not a bad time to buy....nowLOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 11:52pm
I passed your tip on and oddly enough no-one wanted to take it. What do you reckon they'll bottom out at? -10%, -20%?  Never mind we can sell and claim the losses thereby lowering our "effective tax rates" eh? Or should we short sell bigtime? Presumably you are? 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 12:07am
The Judge must be on the turps tonight - he's actually showing an attempt at humour. Normally as boring as his best mate 3bm. Will be back to normal tomorrow no doubt
Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 12:12am
I'm on the turps?? Crikey, what's on Earth's your excuse?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 12:12am
No friends to visit, dogs to walk, or books to read tonight 11?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 12:13am
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia?
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 12:19am

<span style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif;">Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia?</span>
& the boffins pops in with his 2-bobs worth..... deary me . Question - do you actually talk to people as you write ? Might explain why you sit on your bed all day with a grey blanket over your head. Actually not sure how you would hold a job down. Oh that's right - you don't work do you !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 12:23am
Mate, bagging people for posting on an internet forum is kinda dumb when you're..you know..posting on an internet forum. Just saying...
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 12:25am

Mate, bagging people for posting on an internet forum is kinda dumb when you're..you know..posting on an internet forum. Just saying...
Hey your correct. Suggest you take on some of your own advice you turkey   
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 12:29am
Bit rattled, aren't you mate?LOL

Never mind, you tried hard.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 12:30am

Bit rattled, aren't you mate?LOL

Never mind, you tried hard.
oh I see mates now
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 12:37am
Just some light-hearted banter. Thought that's what you liked. Why so serious, BUDDY?
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 12:40am

Just some light-hearted banter. Thought that's what you liked. Why so serious, BUDDY?
what's good for the goose is good for the gander Pal
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 12:48am
Like I said. RattledLOL
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 1:17am

Tongue in cheek Softy? What label would you give to a bloke who invokes the situations of the poor and struggling to try and bolster a very thin argument then immediately gives them the bird a few posts later, who shuns empathy, and mocks social justice?

Slippery
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 10:09am
I'm surprised that this topic gets any traffic because, as E has clearly stated, the position of the sceptics/deniers on this forum is, that  if global warming is happening,  if it is being caused by man, it is not a problem. What kind of a debate can have with people of that persuasion? It's a waste of words.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 10:41am

Slippery

Slimy is probably closer, extra marks for fewer letters apparently.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 10:49am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

I'm surprised that this topic gets any traffic because, as E has clearly stated, the position of the sceptics/deniers on this forum is, that  if global warming is happening,  if it is being caused by man, it is not a problem. What kind of a debate can have with people of that persuasion? It's a waste of words.
True Tlaz, but as tiresome as it is it's sorta fun exposing the gross ignorance and lies. In former times it would be odd that none of them had read any of the "literature" they criticise but times are different - in some quarters. Proverbs 18:2 was prescient, or perhaps it has ever been the case, just better hidden.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 31>