Join up at Sportsbet - Click here

Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Global Cyber Attack

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by cabosanlucas cabosanlucas wrote:

Originally posted by ThreeBears ThreeBears wrote:

PT's arguments on this thread remind me of my friend's female dog who viciously chased her own tail until she chewed it off.
He then wants to blame others for the self inflicted injury.

note how his love and devotion of usa foreign policy stops the moment they interfere with his brothers in the middle east...

funny that....

You should thank your stars(or Gods) that you live in a country that lets you spew hate at it so much I don't think your beloved Vlad would let you get away with despising mother Russia if you lived there.
Sponsored Links
Click here to grab your bonuses when you join up with Sportsbet.

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

PT has some internal contradictions, as we all do. A condition of being alive.

Life is a series of contradictions, compromises and contracts to get by best you can with your conscience intact.

cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 3:17pm
I do.

but i dont make a compelling case to say this is just the way of the world and if you happen to be on the wrong side and had relatives killed for someones else's greed and power ....bad luck. you should have just chosen australia to be born.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Life is a series of contradictions, compromises and contracts to get by best you can with your conscience intact.

I have resolved it thus.......as the unavoidable tug-of-war between wilful self-interest, and the impulse of selfless love. An under-emphasis on the former, can make for a very difficult life, but an under-emphasis on the latter, will be judged, eternally. Believe it, or not.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 3:28pm

I have resolved it thus.......as the unavoidable tug-of-war between wilful self-interest, and the impulse of selfless love. An under-emphasis on the former, can make for a very difficult life, but an under-emphasis on the latter, will be judged, eternally. Believe it, or not.

like i asked....what are the boundsries on using evolution, history, winners, losers??

is racism simply a fact of life since its been around since day dot?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 3:31pm

I do.

but i dont make a compelling case to say this is just the way of the world and if you happen to be on the wrong side and had relatives killed for someones else's greed and power ....bad luck. you should have just chosen australia to be born.

Do you support us imprisoning of innocent people on tropical islands where they despair so much they suicide, or drop bombs on people who have done us no wrong? What would the real Jesus say about that ? You seem happy to accept that as part of the deal, living here.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 3:33pm
Racism is part of the suite of survival, despite us knowing deep down that it is largely a false distinction. I am not a geneticist, but it would not surprise me if there are people nominally within the same race, who are less close to each other in genes, than to others of a different nominal race. A lot of the hostility that is attributed to race, is more culturally based, than genetically.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 3:47pm

I do.

Do you support us imprisoning of innocent people on tropical islands where they despair so much they suicide, or drop bombs on people who have done us no wrong? What would the real Jesus say about that ? You seem happy to accept that as part of the deal, living here.

no i dont support any abuse, if /when its happening anywhere to innocent people. You have just spent hours saying you do...for much more gruesome crimes. you even lowered yourself to call these mass million murder crimes "missteps"

So dont turn it all around on a dime and fake your moral outrage by asking what i think. you need to come to terms with your own moral compass.

im fine
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 3:54pm

like i asked....what are the boundsries on using evolution, history, winners, losers??

is racism simply a fact of life since its been around since day dot?

Of course, if I am right, and I have very strong reason for believing it, that we are judged for "advancement" on our fidelity to the true nature of existence, which is unity and togetherness, as espoused by both science and the sages of old, then the real contradiction of Earthly existence becomes apparent, that the will to conform to the impulse of love, but for the purposes of reward, as practiced (superficially, at least), by religious adherents, is not an act of selfless love, and thus is void !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 4:09pm
Btw,,,what do "i" think about dropping bombs on innocent people who,have done no wrong to us?

umm...havent you been on an all day rant about the moral justification in western countries doing just that?

my gawd you can be rather strange and batsh*t ironic. not to mention moronic.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 4:10pm

Btw,,,what do "i" think about dropping bombs on innocent people who,have done no wrong to us?

umm...havent you been on an all day rant about the moral justification in western countries doing just that?

They are only Muslims after all, aren't they
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 4:13pm
The moral high ground is the original "slippery slope". Harder to take than Hamburger Hill.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 4:14pm
Better come back down then max
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 4:16pm

They are only Muslims after all, aren't they

more special than latin americans huh?

welcome to pt's world of winners and losers. muslims should be winners...latin americans be damned, as well as all the other countries the usa and its allies slaughtered.

timorese losers pt? close to 200,000 slaughtered with usa assistance. give a stuff?

post your complete list mr.deplorable.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 4:18pm

Better come back down then max

I never claimed it.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 4:30pm
Very tough job being a "good guy", reason being everyone has a different idea of what that is.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 7:48pm

Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Why was the dufus working on super secret NSA stuff at home on a computer connected to the internet?

While Kaspersky is one major—though possibly unintentional—culprit in this latest theft of secrets, the root cause of the breach is the deep negligence of the NSA employee who violated his security clearance by taking incredibly sensitive materials home.

https://www.wired.com/story/nsa-contractors-hacking-tools/

If that is what actually happened, and it wasn't part of an intentional misinformation ploy.

Where is Mr Snowden now?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 7:55pm
walking around the streets of moscow with his girlfriend, grabbing an ice cream.🍦
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 7:47am

Defence contractor's computer system hacked, files stolen, cyber security report reveals

By political reporter Dan Conifer

Updated Tue at 8:02pm

Cyber thieves hacked into the computer system of a national security contractor last year, the Federal Government will today reveal.

The intruders had access to the IT network for a long period of time and stole large amounts of the defence supplier's data.

The Government's Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) learned of the incident last November and helped end the attack.

Assistant Minister for Cyber Security Dan Tehan said it was unclear who launched the incursion, but the Government was not ruling out a foreign government.

"It could have been a state actor, it could have been cyber criminals, and that's why it was taken so seriously," he said.

"We're not 100 per cent sure, and that's one of the difficulties of this area."

Mr Tehan did not say how long the intruders had access to the system.

But he said the small business' IT infrastructure was now secure.

"That small business has put in place proper cyber security protections that will hopefully prevent such an incident happening again."

'We're seeing growing sophistication in attacks'

The Government will today release the ACSC's annual threat report.

The defence-linked incident was one of 734 the ACSC responded to last financial year that targeted infrastructure or other private systems of national interest.

"It is worrying, but the thing that is most concerning is that what we're seeing is a growing sophistication in these attacks," Mr Tehan said.

"[It is] absolutely vital that they are building in cyber resilience to everything that they do … they need to be making cyber part of their daily routine."

The ACSC identified 47,000 cyber incidents over the past financial year — a 15 per cent increase — and more than half of these were internet scams or fraud.

Major Australian businesses were hit by 7,283 of the attacks.

The Australian Signals Directorate intelligence agency responded to 671 of the attacks.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-10/defence-contractors-files-stolen-in-hacking:-security-report/9032290

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 9:12am
I've just addded Kaspersky to this mini-pc so I'm safe, comrades.Cool
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 9:28am
North Korea hacked the US- South Korea Central Command and stole the plans they had to knock him off
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 10:38am
remember when ASIS, our spy agency bugged the cabinet room of the timorese govt??

who cares.

that was us.

this is them.

🙄

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 5:40pm
I have vastly superior internet security, and nothing sensitive to protect, than any of these pro numbskuls who are getting hacked with very valuable
national and business info that they should be protecting.

Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 6:04pm
I wonder what the crooks are doing with all our census information.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 6:16pm
Creating max manewer identities so they can empty your bank account or commit crimes in your name
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 6:20pm
Such a pleasant thought, PT.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 6:24pm
cabo isn't concerned though. Something about East Timor assures him he is immune from the 47,000 cyber attacks we will have this year. 
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 6:37pm

cabo isn't concerned though. Something about East Timor assures him he is immune from the 47,000 cyber attacks we will have this year. 

I've only known one case where someone got "done " on the internet.
He posted items sold to Africa before the Bank deposit cleared.
I've heard of a few purchasing goods that never arrived ( No Paypal account so say no more )
   Islands disappearing ???    aren't they in the nic. now.

Bombing innocents ..   We are part of an alliance.   9/11 springs to mind.     
I'm practicing safe texts,
I'm using commas.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 7:12pm

I have vastly superior internet security, and nothing sensitive to protect, than any of these pro numbskuls who are getting hacked with very valuable
national and business info that they should be protecting.

Admin
Admin

What do you have Tlaz?
I've just renewed this as I've been very happy with them for the past 2 years Smile

https://bitdefender.com.au/solutions/internet-security.html
Experience is something you gain a few minutes after you could have used it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 7:21pm

Creating max manewer identities so they can empty your bank account or commit crimes in your name

imagine if they were russian,christian cyber lords pt.

but....FEAR NOT!!

im sure our intelligence agencies will catch these foreign hackers as they spy on us too. they do a great job keeping us safe remember... so you keep telling us.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic