Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Glenn Boss

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAY ROADS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Glenn Boss
    Posted: 07 Jun 2014 at 5:10pm
He has been an experienced pro for a number of years. A good ambassador for the game. However maybe it is time to retire or consider retiring.

The man is riding either without a care in the world or like a madman. Some will sruge it was fair enough to take the sit today, however when your on a noted front runner and the 2 leaders keep going out in front he must be scratching his head. It ran 3rd which is a great acheivment but maybe an opportunity was missed. His Group 1 runs of outs continues with no end in sight. 

Be might have been Australia's best big race jockey. However these days seem to have passed and over the horizon. 
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

LR80 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LR80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2014 at 5:34pm
He's definitely riding like a desperado and I wouldn't be backing anything he's on with a 10ft pole.

Btw, I think its spelt Glen not Glenn.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2014 at 5:41pm
Maybe time for a spell then.  Smile
MelbourneRacing View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelbourneRacing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2014 at 5:49pm
I thought his bigger sin was last week when he shifted out on Mr O'Ceirin and allowed Moriarty to take an inside run and win. If he held his line, he wins the race.
The Insider View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Insider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2014 at 6:30pm
Boss is no longer the boss. Average rider with plenty of yap for the connections. The younger brigade think he is a joke.
Bright Day View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bright Day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2014 at 7:03pm
His reflexes are shot.

His mind is gone.

He is a shadow of himself.

What he tried today was jockey 101 stuff.

Chad Scofield is a better bet now.
Platinum View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Platinum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2014 at 7:14pm
Always thought he was a bit manic. Somedays is a shocker and then some, other days no one gets near him.
SHOVHOG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2014 at 8:30pm
I remember people said the same about damian oliver 2 years ago! Racing is a fickle sport things can change very quickly.
" In gambling the many must lose in order for the few to win"
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2014 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by SHOVHOG SHOVHOG wrote:

I remember people said the same about damian oliver 2 years ago! Racing is a fickle sport things can change very quickly.
well said , the wheel will turn and all these sycophants will be back on his bandwagon
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....
LR80 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LR80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2014 at 8:43pm
Glen should focus on spruiking those gas guzzling jeeps and take a few months off racing to get his bearings back.
OrangeMonkey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrangeMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2014 at 8:50pm
Buddy mate huge kisses can I get off your horse please? I know I told yountonrun it in the the race!! But buddy I've got a family to feed and I'm doing tuff buddy mate . Kiss hugg little scrotum feel best mate I wil do anything for you let ride this horse . Please buddy mate it's me Bossey ? Give me a spell
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bright Day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2014 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by Nocturnal Nocturnal wrote:

Originally posted by SHOVHOG SHOVHOG wrote:

well said , the wheel will turn and all these sycophants will be back on his bandwagon

Damien Oliver has always been > than Glen Boss.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrangeMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 8:47am
My feeling from what I see on tv? Bossey is one of the biggest sycophants in racing. The way he carries on when he rides something that shows a little ? He is all over the connections with praise and promises. At the same time trying to get on another one . Arm around them like long lost friends. But what really got me about the bloke? Australia's richest jockey we are talking about . 3 M cups cox plates golden slippers ect ect if he hasn't got all the money the rest should give it away . But when that girl got killed in Darwin shocking incident!, but as it was receiving lots of press which was a good thing for her little child she had . Bossey won a race and got up on his box and preached that he was donating his riding earnings for the day good gesture (it was a mid week winter meeting at sandown he pro had 4 rides ) but who cares gesture was kind enough . But made the state ment he was doing it on tv of course everyone clap and pat me on the back . And then said evey jockey at the race meeting should do the same as the great man ? Not everyone that rides in races have the millions he does . But beside that he got his publicity which he craves like a drug. But when I think it was a month or two later there was a lady killed in a race in Queensland that got the press that the lady that fell Darwin cup day. We're was Bossey jumping up and down to help her??? Was there no publicity in it for him? Well that's what I think . I say it's glen FAKE boss. To me he is a knock of a copy .FAKE
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bright Day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 9:13am
Glen Boss = FAKER
James View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 9:19am
Originally posted by Bright Day Bright Day wrote:

Glen Boss = FAKER

What's he faking? Or do you mean he likes the band Faker?
Tuft_It _Tees View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuft_It _Tees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 9:23am
Bottom line is no-one twists anyone's arm and makes them put Boss on their horse. Next whinge please !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bright Day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 9:41am
The point is Boss is hopelessly out of form.

The point is as an owner, the trainer advises who the jockey is and unless you want to have a stand up fight with the trainer, the owner very rarely gets his way.

Tuft_It _Tees View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuft_It _Tees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 9:48am
The owner can withdraw his horse at any time if the trainer ignores his wishes. I'm not sure if you are a stirrer or a half-wit Bright, but either way you make little sense.
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 9:50am
Depends on the trainer. As an owner I am happy for the trainer to make the call......however if I am totally opposed to a jockey (like I also am with Glen Boss), i would tell him I don't want him on.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bright Day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 9:51am
Have you actually worked with top trainers or not??  That is NOt the way it works in real life....

unless your name is Singo...

Even then we saw what a terrible influence that had over the horse.

Don't get personal or I will get personal with you.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bright Day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 9:53am
Originally posted by whitt0 whitt0 wrote:

Depends on the trainer. As an owner I am happy for the trainer to make the call......however if I am totally opposed to a jockey (like I also am with Glen Boss), i would tell him I don't want him on.

Agree, you can tell a trainer anything you want. Some will listen to you. Most won't.

If they have engaged Boss, they usually keep him on.

look Boss rode a great race in the Stradbroke I thought.

But in the Cup, he thought he was GOD and went for a miracle run.

If he gets the run, he looks like a genius.

But it was a very low percentage play IMO.
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 10:06am
When he is in form, he is outstanding. The jockey ranks are a lot deeper now and he is not the standout he used to be.

Bossy has always ridden better when he rides them with a lot of confidence.
JTM View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JTM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 10:17am
Bottom line overall he is a very poor rider - full stop. You could name 20/30 others you would put on in front of him.
"There is no Tomorrow……………….'
JTM View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JTM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 10:18am

When he is in form, he is outstanding. The jockey ranks are a lot deeper now and he is not the standout he used to be.

Bossy has always ridden better when he rides them with a lot of confidence.

He is NEVER in form mate.
"There is no Tomorrow……………….'
Uluru View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uluru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 10:31am
Glen Boss.  Brilliant at his best but has a big gap between his best & his worst. The guy is a confidence rider and at the moment he has none (no matter what he might display publicly).

The one thing about Bossy is he is merciless when it comes to jumping off one horse to secure another. Yes all jockeys do this to an extent (as they must), but in Bossy's case he does it with less diplomacy and for little if any advancement (probably won us a Newmarket as a consequence allowing Froggy to deliver the perfect ride).   

The guy doesn't need to retire, he needs to change his attitude & approach, its amazing how quick things can & will turn around for him.
Life's a Sham
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 10:35am

Agree, you can tell a trainer anything you want. Some will listen to you. Most won't.

Watch the replay , the horse got the run and was in clear running room in the straight but was not good enough .

The more you post the more I suggest you have nfi .
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 10:42am
Originally posted by Uluru Uluru wrote:

Glen Boss.  Brilliant at his best but has a big gap between his best & his worst. The guy is a confidence rider and at the moment he has none (no matter what he might display publicly).

The one thing about Bossy is he is merciless when it comes to jumping off one horse to secure another. Yes all jockeys do this to an extent (as they must), but in Bossy's case he does it with less diplomacy and for little if any advancement (probably won us a Newmarket as a consequence allowing Froggy to deliver the perfect ride).   

The guy doesn't need to retire, he needs to change his attitude & approach, its amazing how quick things can & will turn around for him.
message-service@post.xero.com>

I guess this applies to everyone not only in sport but in life , the chasm between best and worst.
Totally agree here with you in regards to the wheel turning. Despite a perceived form slump, is he in a form slump though you can't polish a turd and if the horses he is riding are not up to it then so be it . He remains in my eye one of the games most professional . The idea of retirement is idiocy.
Hollytogo View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollytogo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 11:51am

Have you actually worked with top trainers or not??  That is NOt the way it works in real life....

unless your name is Singo...

Even then we saw what a terrible influence that had over the horse.

Don't get personal or I will get personal with you.

Talking nonsense again, most trainers WILL listen if an owner has strong views on a jockey.

Hollytogo View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollytogo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 11:54am
Originally posted by Nocturnal Nocturnal wrote:

Watch the replay , the horse got the run and was in clear running room in the straight but was not good enough .

The more you post the more I suggest you have nfi .

he is a bad punter and talks through his back pocket week after week... agree he has NFI
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrangeMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 12:20pm
Confidence rider that is the biggest load of rubbish. Like saying a horse as confidence how to win? How does a horse know that post of many is the one I have to be in front of first?? Is it the carrot they get when they get home? I'm sure there memory last that long ?? Bossey is just an average light weight jockey that tells everyone how good he is. But in his favor he convinces them. Hence he is a walking Lillie pop. His weight allows him to ride in all the group races. Weight of numbers and percentages tells you he has to win some. And when he does everyone will know about it . Yes his smart has used the media to the utmost. But good rider hmm that's about it . Good rider ? Give him that but would throw in good lightweight rider
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic