Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Glen Boss

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xolento Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Glen Boss
    Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 7:59am
Glen Boss taken to Epworth Hospital after injuring shoulder in a fall in Flemington jumpout this morning. Official diagnosis after xrays.
http://aust-breds.com.au/

Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

Blaster View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 8:13am

With one of his biggest challengers in front of him tomorrow, Group One jockey Glen Boss has this morning suffered a hefty fall in a freck accident at Flemington. Boss was aboard Group One performer Crystal Lily in a jump out when sadly the mare collapsed and died instantly. Boss landed heavily on his shoulder and is very unlikely to ride tomorrow at Caulfield. Boss has been taken to Epworth Hospital where scans will show the extent of his injuries. Anthony Cummings now has to find a replacement for Boss on Smart Missile.

Baster/Nikolic in the running for the ride
He's Not Heavy,It's My Brother
VaDiM View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VaDiM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 8:15am
Baster????????????????????????????????????

If Baster Rides Smart Missile it's no chance....... has to be around 4-5000 better options...

p.s Get well soon Bossy
R.I.P Whobegotyou my little mate
giddyup View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giddyup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 8:20am
My mail is shoulder shattered not just broken collarbone...hope it's not the case.  Get well soon Bossy. Cheers.
Morgan Dollar View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morgan Dollar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 8:29am
I heard the same thing giddyup..

Apparently as he was being loaded into the ambulance he told his manager to "ring Anthony Cummings and tell him I'm in a bit of trouble"
Go The Dollar..!
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 8:36am

Jamie Winks has also been mentioned...would prefer him...

just stunned by the whole timing of the incident...

totally sickening

Bossy will be upset about CL and spewing about tomorrow
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
andynr123 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andynr123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 8:40am
According to Brent Zerafa, jujuno is right. James Winks looks the one.
Parky View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Parky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 8:48am
Cummings has stated Baster/Winks/S.King are the options for SM
Parky View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Parky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 8:49am
oh..and hope you get well soon Bossy..you are great for racing.. hope you make it back for the spring mate
princerubiton View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princerubiton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 8:52am
Bossy out for the spring then???? It's a shame as much as I don't think smart missile can win tomorrowBossy is the only jockey who you can even imagine winning on Smart Missile from an outside gate.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 9:03am
 a lot of horses have won the RC from outside barriers but, yes princerubi, I would feel more confident with Bossy on board, especially knowing the horse's indiosyncracies...
Gently View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gently Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 9:03am
What about Stevie King though princerubiton - performed similar miracles in same race on Encosta de Lago if memory serves correctly..
MannyG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MannyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 9:08am
Just reported on TVN, Winks most likely to get the ride on Smart Missle.
Cortina View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cortina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 9:43am
This is the end for his career if the shoulder is shattered will take ages to get better. Too old to get back.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 9:54am
 Winks gone down a notch...Prebble has put his hand up and Moeira is also light enough..would be ironic if Prebble got it after he jumped on Crystal Lily to win the slipper....weird!!!

(hope I spelled the Brazilian's name correctly) 
Blaster View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 9:58am
Originally posted by Cortina Cortina wrote:

This is the end for his career if the shoulder is shattered will take ages to get better. Too old to get back.

How old do you think he is????
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 10:11am
Couldn't have happened at a worse time of year. Best of luck to Bossy in his recovery.
Cortina View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cortina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 10:18am
Originally posted by Blaster Blaster wrote:

How old do you think he is????

Looks middle aged.
andynr123 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andynr123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 10:28am
Just missed an R jujuno - it is MOREIRA.

Cortina, you are a goose sometimes.
Parky View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Parky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 10:29am
Cortina - dead set.. can you just do everyone a favour and go away..you are just a jerk. and I think being a jerk is up there with the worst kinds of humans..
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 10:48am

Couple of comments today very ordinary Cortina. you must be a lonely miserable prick
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 11:29am
Glen Boss is 42 so it could well be the last we see of him as a jockey. These injuries are bad enough when young, and the older you are the longer it takes to heal.

I started with nothing and still have most of it left
giddyup View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giddyup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 11:34am

Good news, broken shoulder, plate to go in today, best scenario back in 2 weeks...go Bossy!

Blaster View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 11:35am
Bossy Could be back in 2 weeks
andynr123 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andynr123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 11:38am
Good to hear giddyup, thanks for the news :)
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 11:50am
From the outhouse to the penthouse in one morningClap. Not so shattering after all.
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
fritta101 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fritta101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 11:52am
Great news as he is a character that racing needs, Fair percentage of Australians would know the name Glen Boss.

If you're not first, your last!
monty View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 12:04pm
You would think you would require more than 2 weeks to recover if you have a plate put in your shoulder?
Blaster View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 12:05pm
95% Brett Prebble getting the ride
Blaster View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 12:12pm
Yes Prebble has the ride
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic