Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Stallions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Fully Booked Stallions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fully Booked Stallions
    Posted: 30 May 2020 at 2:37pm
Might be an informative thread to see what's popular this year! So far I know Toronado is fully booked, anything else?
to the victor
Majestic View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Majestic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 3:11pm
linghi11, fully booked on a stud site is relative. Stallion may have a designated number of bookings, but, if an owner rings and has a mare ready for service and stallion has a light day, I’m sure that mare is in at a fee. I have done exactly that myself in the past.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 3:13pm
If the owners of Winx or  Black Caviar called on the services of Toronado would they consider them ? 
reductio ad absurdum
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 3:25pm
Yes for both comments but the aim is to gauge popularity not be pointlessly pedantic! Just as a lightly booked stallion can be too busy on any given day to serve a mare. In past years, Deep Field and Rubick were booked out early and they had a waiting list full to fill in gaps!
to the victor
Glencoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glencoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 10:37pm
I have  heard Deep field is full. I must acknowledge a very effective marketing campaign.
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2020 at 1:46pm
I rather think his winners to runners ratio would have a lot to do with it? Horses like Rubick and Dawn Approach for example ( I know he’s not here) have $ stats that are bolstered by a few above average horses, whereas DF has multiple winners?

“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Glencoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Glencoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2020 at 10:30pm
I agree with that Dot.  W:R ratio outstanding.  AEI at 1.08 is still a concern. That figure is not a good portent for future return on investment.
He is going to need more Saturday winners and Open class performers to maintain his extremely well marketed profile
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 11:10am
I struggle to see how they’ve arrived at $55,000 for him when you can go to proven sources of G1 winners for less
to the victor
 Post Reply Post Reply