Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Saturday Blog February 22 2020

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Saturday Blog February 22 2020
    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 at 7:16pm

Fwiw I rarely BB anything but spotted this apparent coldie 2wks ago. I dislike backing Torneur but he did ride a double this week & have boosted to $11; if he drifts, no great loss as he'll be just looking again.

Career: 2:0-0-0 Last10: 56 ROI: -100%

Your comments: Restrained Morph. 1000m S Price
3. Deevine (5)

R2 Morphettville 1000m Maiden, 12:51pm

J: D Tourneur (57.5kg) T: R Balfour
  $9

Bet now

View Form
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 10:08am
I think Glenfiddich is miles over the odds for the Blue Diamond.  $71 plus.
$$$$$$
ALL my posts are written as Sci-Fi, no different to an Orson Welles and should not be taken literally. Sci-fi is a genre of Fiction.
SHOVHOG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 10:24am
I still have faith that Aryaaf is right up there.

Bet of the day Bottega. Ridiculous odds.
" In gambling the many must lose in order for the few to win"
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 11:06am
I love A Wee Dram of Glenfiddich, so I’ve backed him EW 😁
Originally posted by Redemption Redemption wrote:

I think Glenfiddich is miles over the odds for the Blue Diamond.  $71 plus.
$$$$$$
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 11:23am
Don't forget to join the comps in the Competition forum.
brave_ponies View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 11:38am
And the best part about joining now, you didn't miss anything in the last two weeks - most of us in the winners comp are still on zero points! (Reference: Scales of Justice and Nature Strip)
Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 12:39pm
Plenty more to come from the lightly race POM bred Aktau.

Held them easily in the straight!
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 3:21pm
Looking forward to this Futurity, even with the lane on the fence!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 3:33pm
That track is a joke!
Gmafs
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 3:38pm
I may not back the winner, but I can guarantee you that Hanseatic uses that gate, whether that is a good thing or not, not sure.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

That track is a joke!
Gmafs

100 per cent agreed. A farce. Disgraceful.
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 4:01pm
Don't much like Hanseatic's attitude in the mounting yard.
Pardon_My_Dust View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 4:19pm
I call BS that horse just sat three deep pouring the pressure on and held out a horse like Hanseatic. Is that really possible? Stable all of a sudden firing on all cylinders amazing stuff. Call me a cynic but.....
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 4:20pm
Disclaimer: No I didn't back Hanseatic
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 4:25pm
Whilst looking up his breeding on Racenet, only just spotted this Cry
He's fully Japanese bred too, what a great galloper was Lord Kanaloa!

Cameron Happ
BET: Each Way
The $21 available looks huge odds for this Trent Busuttin and Natalie Young-trained colt. Both starts in his first prep were good, improving at his second run when racing just off the speed and was strong to go clear through the line. Knowing they’d already done enough to get a start in the Blue Diamond they didn’t have him screwed right down first-up in the Prelude where he worked home late doing his best through the line. No issue at a strong 1200m and falls straight into a dream run doing no work to be there, he’ll give a kick and can fight out the finish. Obviously scared of Hanseatic and will be saving on him, if he gets clear air he wins, and I want Ideas Man in trifectas at $67. 
Was a Moonee Valley winner in two first preparation before finishing on the placegetters heels in the Prelude resuming last start. Is drawn to get a nice run behind the leaders and is a knockout hope fitter second up.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 4:28pm
Wow great tipping hope he got the trifecta. That is if he didn't chuck his ticket out at the 600m. LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 4:36pm
I'll be surprised if one or more jockeys don't claim the starter let them go far too quicklyin the Diamond.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 5:16pm
Get on Halvorsen in the Newmarket before they amend their markets, as I've already done (each way) at $26 the win.

Was dead set last 12 lengths or more off the lead at the turn, on a leaders track mind you, and makes up at least 9 lengths in the straight to be beaten less than 3.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Get on Halvorsen in the Newmarket before they amend their markets, as I've already done (each way) at $26 the win.

Was dead set last 12 lengths or more off the lead at the turn, on a leaders track mind you, and makes up at least 9 lengths in the straight to be beaten less than 3.

I backed it too, shocking ride to let it get to two lengths last in an Oakleigh Plate. These country jocks are amateurs. 
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 6:42pm
Yendall said Newmarket next which makes sense.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 6:55pm
Absolutely.

ps never had a zack on him today.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 10:23pm
A tweet from Andrew Hawkins on Twitter:

"In fact, watching the replay, if it's true what was being said by jockeys earlier that 4-5 off the fence is like quicksand, I daresay the run of Away Game is one of the big takeaways from the Blue Diamond #horseracing'
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 9:28am
Still can't get over the run of the winner. I'm willing to bet on that horse never reproducing a run like that.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Get on Halvorsen in the Newmarket before they amend their markets, as I've already done (each way) at $26 the win.  Was dead set last 12 lengths or more off the lead at the turn, on a leaders track mind you, and makes up at least 9 lengths in the straight to be beaten less than 3.

Now $15 and $4.50.
 Post Reply Post Reply