Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Hmmmm....I'm On Grump's Side

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nodebt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hmmmm....I'm On Grump's Side
    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 10:18pm
PRESUMABLY GRUMBLE BUM IS AN AUSSIE

I PICTURE MYSELF IN almost  THE CIRCUMSTANCES HE DESCRIBES.

This may not be very cheery, but it is very true from (arguably) a wise old man.

I'm 73 and Tired !!

I'm 73.  I've worked hard since I was 17.  Except for some health incidents, I put in 50-hour weeks and rarely called in sick in nearly 50 years.
I made a reasonable salary, but I didn't inherit my job or my income and I worked to get where I am.

I served my country in the ADF and went to war when told to. Yes I am tired of what is going on with our members of the government in Canberra and the world today .       Given the economy, it looks as though retirement was a bad idea and I'm tired.  Very tired. I'm tired of being told that I have to "spread the wealth" to people that don't have my work ethic. 

I'm tired of being told the government will take the money I earned, by force if  necessary and give it to people too lazy to earn it. I'm tired of being told that Islam is a "Religion of Peace," when every day I can read dozens of stories of Muslim men killing their sisters, wives and daughters for their family "honour"; of Muslims rioting over some slight offence; of Muslims murdering Christians and Jews because they aren't "believers"; of Muslims  burning schools for girls; of Muslims stoning teenage rape victims to death for "adultery"; of Muslims mutilating the genitals of little girls; all in the name of Allah, because the Quran and Shari law tells them to. I'm tired of being told that out of "tolerance for other cultures" we must let Saudi Arabia and other Arab countries use their oil money to fund mosques and madrassa Islamic schools to preach hate in Australia, New Zealand, UK, America and Canada, while no one from these countries is allowed to fund a church, synagogue or religious school in Saudi Arabia, or any other Arab country, to teach love and tolerance. I'm tired of being told I must lower my living standard to fight global warming, something no one is allowed to debate. I'm tired of being told that drug addicts have a disease and I must help support and treat them and pay for the damage they do.  Did a giant germ rush out of a dark alley,  grab them and stuff white powder up their noses or stick a needle in their arm while they tried to fight it off? I'm tired of hearing wealthy athletes, entertainers and politicians of all parties talking about innocent mistakes, stupid mistakes or youthful mistakes, when we all know they think their only mistake was getting caught. 

I'm  tired of people with a sense of entitlement, rich or  poor. I'm really tired of people that don't take responsibility for their lives and actions. 

I'm tired of hearing them blame the government, discrimination or big-whatever for their problems. I'm also tired and fed up with seeing young men and women in their teens and early 20's be-deck themselves in tattoos and face studs thereby making themselves un-employable and claiming money from the Government. Yes, I'm damn tired. But I'm also glad to be 73.  Because mostly, I'm not going to have to see the world these people are making. 

I'm just sorry for my grandchildren and their children. 

Thank God I'm on the way out and not on the way in!

Regards,

Grumble Bum

There is  no way this will be widely publicised, -----  unless each of us sends it on!        
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 10:37am
I,m with Grumble Bum.Thumbs Up  Now sit back and wait for me to be told how racist and intolerant I am.LOL

animals before people.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 11:42am
Malcolm Roberts.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 2:58am
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!!!Hug

87% of us support Australia Day!Heart

Love it or Leave!Censored
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 8:35am
Well said, Dr E .Thumbs Up
animals before people.
 Post Reply Post Reply