Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

TBV Nursing Home

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2019 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Don''t understand your opposition, things will not change for many but some will benefit from the ability to euthanise.
I know all about PEG and have had 2 relatives who were rational and able to make the decision, I have no idea which way they would have gone

Great,compassionate legislation

I'm not opposing ..    I'm suggesting it doesn't go far enough to be of much benefit to those who need to be spared the unavoidable suffering that exists now.

fair point
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2019 at 11:58am
Sounds good, and with PT cooking up a storm Star the food would be sensational, in a different stratosphere to my current nursing home 
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2019 at 1:59pm
Not pt cooking

GEORGE COLUMBARIS.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2019 at 2:48pm
I was quietly puzzled when I saw pictures of some food allegedly served up in Nursing Homes.    .      Whale referred to some of it as "slop" .

Maybe that was the pureed preperation which is very necessary for many clients under advanced care ...     These people would choke on solids like sausages , Party Pies or Rump Steak.

In today's mountain of pre prepared meals at very reasonable rates , I doubt food would be an issue for a Royal Commission.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 9:09am
Lite and easy
EAD
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by TIGER TIGER wrote:

Lite and easy

Yes Tiger , one of many .

I find the Coles & Aldi frozen meals very reasonable.     Suitable for the aged in both quality & quantity.
Averages out at little more than $3 a serving. ( 400g ).

My old favourites of a Mixed Grill , Baked Dinner or a T Bone barbecue,
have lost their appeal.

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Imagine some of the theme parties. 80 & 90 years old all having a ball. Swim suit, birthday suit....doesn't matter. Get the karaoke machine cracking - get PT singing "did it my way" - Whale singing "i cant get no satisfaction" - Subby singing "lola". Unbelievable !

Laughing myself sick....this thread is classic TBV...

NOW, TELL ME...WHY DO WE SHORTEN THOROUGHBRED VILLAGE TO TBV? Obviously none of us are very literate...

I miss this sort of humour...or is it reality tv?

Confused
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 2:39pm

great legislation, if people are not capable of making the decision, and the laws are the strictest in the world, nothing changes.  But a great thing for those who are capable of making a rational decision and want to end their life

The people who are suffering & virtually herded into human "cattle" areas,

Or Bed fast , being kept alive by methods like ( PEG feeding ), to suffer more ,   won't benefit from the Victorian Legislation.
They are the ones who need the consideration.

The Royal Commission won't improve a thing , They will verbal many baseless allegations but facts are , This sad situation of so many of the aged, has no cure except from being allowed to pass on with some dignity.

Out of sight , out of mind has always haunted most feeling people.

for once, I'm on your side...I saw it all while tending to my cousin at his nursing home. 

they were excellent in providing good meals, care, diversions, excursions for those who could be ambulant (not many), special entertainment etc. 

BUT...and it's a big BUT...how many were actually mentally aware of what was going on is questionable. 

My cousin was in a nappy, was lifted out of bed by a winch because he couldn't walk, wheeled into the sun every day to promote vit 'd' response, fed by a carer whether he was hungry or not, and had a tv nearby, on the same station every day. Sounds reasonable, doesn't it? Why then, did he continually whisper: "shoot me"?  

I told my children recently that if I'm ever diagnosed with dementia, I'll end it...having seen someone kept alive for five years, pointlessly, I wouldn't inflict it on my own family. 

That said...if Oneone opens this establishment...I'm in...I want to hear Subby sing 'Lola'...

Big smile

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 2:42pm

those hellholes exist because many children cannot wait to offload their parents, anywhere will do, and then never visit them.

Ungrateful,selfish sub humans they are 

I agree in principle...but I wouldn't want my children to have to wipe my butt, or change my nappy...

Macca should do it...

Ouch
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 2:46pm

Sounds good, and with PT cooking up a storm Star the food would be sensational, in a different stratosphere to my current nursing home 

I'm not drinking kombucha...but a nice pear cider would flow down well...

Roast chook every night has appeal...

Big smile
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 2:48am
Dicken's Cider was the popular brand , not long ago.

Why have you gone to the juice of a pair, JJ.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 12:11pm

Dicken's Cider was the popular brand , not long ago.

Why have you gone to the juice of a pair, JJ.

Somersby is the go...as for a pair????

Wink
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 1:43pm
You will regret those ???? JJ. Wink
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

You will regret those ???? JJ. Wink

that is very questionable...lol...

Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123