Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > International Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Priority international races/meetings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andynr123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Priority international races/meetings
    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 4:07pm
Hi all, great to make a return to the old stomping grounds. Been a while since I popped my head in here.

I'm very lucky to have the opportunity to cover international racing for Sky these days. Just out of curiosity, wondering what the forumites think are the major international races or meetings that most excite or interest you? 

Still great to be in touch with many current and former forumites, for instance djebel and I talk often about international racing. Hope to chat to some of you soon!

Andrew
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 4:11pm
Nice to see you back mate. Good job on Sky. Thumbs Up
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 4:52pm
Love Royal Ascot.  Watching isn't so great as the time difference kills me for work!  Watch some of Hong Kong.  Not much of USA I must admit.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 3:35pm
Sky Racing seems to have gone split screen crazy.

reductio ad absurdum
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 10:22pm
Cheltenham Festival is the international meeting that excites & interests me the most by a long, long way.

This would be followed by Royal Ascot meeting & Glorious Goodwood meeting.

Local Aussie racing is my main passion but I’ve got to concede that the British know how to run a great race meeting.

As for Asian & American racing......yuck!!
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 11:54pm
HK racing is boring.
Mute button is wonderful when racing.com shove it on over the top of local races.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2019 at 12:23am
Cant get interested in races from HK, Singapore,  and Tokyo.  Like Ascot but the time diff is a royal painWink The US Triple Crown I find interesting but not much else.
animals before people.
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2019 at 12:38am
Cheltenham, Royal Ascot, Arc day and US triple crown would be my best but all other UK carnivals (Nmkt July, Glorious Goodwood, Derby, York Ebor etc) also good to see.
Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2019 at 4:15am
Not surprising no one seems to care about The Breeder's Cup two Championship meeting in the US and (maybe Canada).

It probably doesn't get the attention in deserves in OZ coz its usually smack in the middle of the major Victorian racing days of the WS Cox Plate and VRC Spring Carnival.

It really is championship day for all not just the 3YOs which the Triple Crown focuses on.

Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2019 at 9:35am
Brudder, for me the main reason is I hate dirt racing no matter where it is.

I know there are turf races but the stench of the other stuff permeates the whole thing
 Post Reply Post Reply