Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Saturday Racing Blog May 25 2019

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Saturday Racing Blog May 25 2019
    Posted: 25 May 2019 at 9:36am
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 1:20pm
Is Scamanda around today? Interested in your thoughts on the godolphin runners in qld. Encryption 16s??
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 4:02pm
Well if you thought the Doomben 10,000 was a weak Group 1 sprint, how about the Kingsford Smith today?  Shocked
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 4:08pm
Chris has gone quiet
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

Is Scamanda around today? Interested in your thoughts on the godolphin runners in qld. Encryption 16s??

This might give you and idea stayer, whether to back then or not.

Trekking and Encryption are both good chances, with Trekking the better one from me.

The Fred Best is probably the best edition of that race I have seen, but Pohutukawa to my eye as an undeniable chance. For me ehr and Seabrook re the ones to beat with outori and Agassi the best of the males and Krone better here on a drier track. Very good field in that final race in Brisbane.

Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 4:37pm
The last race has about 10 chances.
Might throw a dart
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by Xavier Xavier wrote:

Chris has gone quiet

SHhhh lol, might be on cradle mount. having a kip.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

This might give you and idea stayer, whether to back then or not.

Trekking and Encryption are both good chances, with Trekking the better one from me.

The Fred Best is probably the best edition of that race I have seen, but Pohutukawa to my eye as an undeniable chance. For me ehr and Seabrook re the ones to beat with outori and Agassi the best of the males and Krone better here on a drier track. Very good field in that final race in Brisbane.

Thanks mate that's they're the Godolphin ones I've backed. Pohutukawa a risk but happy with the other 2.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 5:26pm
Surprise Baby looks a good thing in the staying race , maybe Sheezdashing can run the quinella.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 5:43pm
The Bostonian deserved winner. Encryption a bit of bad luck but wouldn't have won. Trekking honest as usual but blew a couple of multis.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 5:55pm
Here comes the most intriguing race of the day.

Can not wait for Surprise Baby!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 6:01pm
Steel Prince on top
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 6:13pm
Anyone who thinks staying racees are not real racing, just look at that race, what a great finish and this could be the beginning of the resurgence of this race. Congrats to the winner, but I really feel for the owners of the runner up.

Damien Oliver is a genius rider, no doubt whatever you think about him, he is a top class distance jockey who would ride well anywhere in the world!
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 6:19pm
What happens if it was a dead heat? Both get into the Cup?
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 6:29pm
I can tell you one thing X

These two stayers would beat anything racing in Brisbane at the moment and for me they both deserve a spot in the field.

But your question is a good one!
 Post Reply Post Reply