Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Harbour Views

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 4:18pm
Good 3 sorted this fellow out today, if it's only joints ( and an if) back to the salt water for him till he free's up then paddock till winter , otherwise this may be another racetrack casuality imo.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 4:34pm
Was considering a go at him before the track rating Carioca.  Maybe he has a serious problem, or simply jarred up, however irrespective he was awful today.

Suspect you're dead set correct and his future lies in the late Autumn and Winter with races like the Warrnambool Cup and Winter Championship final at Flemington as possible targets. 
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 5:05pm
Those would be far more suitable if soundness issues have subsided imo. SC.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 6:09pm
He's had soundness problems from day dot, why do you think he's at the beach & races so heavily spaced? He's owned by OTI which explains why he's still racing Disapprove
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

He's had soundness problems from day dot, why do you think he's at the beach & races so heavily spaced? He's owned by OTI which explains why he's still racing Disapprove
I know he's been unsound for a loooong time, I know he goes to the beach as well , I'm not a total idiot Gay, my point is , he' ll snap a joint on a track like this , they had forewarning about weather and heat but went ahead ....... tailed off hopeless.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 6:23pm
Exactly Carioca.  We're not dumb shytes.

But that said OTI can arguably be considered culpable as inferred by Gay.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 6:32pm
Yeah, not having a crack more a frustration remark due to spate of losing top horses fwiw.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 6:41pm
There was no intention to have a crack at you Carioca, apologies that it came over as such Embarrassed
I'm as frustrated as you are but in my case, by the idiot punters/media who continually cause him to shorten & OTI for pushing on vs. a decent rehab spell Unhappy You know as well as I, unless it's simple bone chip removal in a young horse, these issues don't resolve, they simply get masked untill race day pressure.

Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 8:13pm
Same could be said for Gailo Chop, ran him into the ground milking every last cent out of him
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 9:20pm
Understand completely where your coming from Gay3, and 100% agree in regard to bone degeneration / masking versus bone chip removal and soft tissue damage , let's hope common sense prevails .
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2020 at 7:42am
Harbour Views (FR) Eased down in the straight. Rider Kerrin McEvoy reported the gelding, which was racing in blinkers today, pulled hard and may also be better suited to tracks with more give. A post-race veterinary examination revealed the gelding to be lame left fore. A veterinary clearance is required prior to being permitted to race again.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 2:24pm
"Harbour Views had a procedure on the back of his knee to remove some gristle more than bone and will return in the middle of July for the spring and maybe head to the Feehan Stakes, a race he finished third in last year."
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 3:04pm
Horse Injury: 11-09-2021 Flemington R5 - Harbour Views - Sequestrem removed off fore fetlock.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 4:57pm
Thankyou very much!!
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 4:59pm
Nice MK. Clap
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 5:00pm
Great return
Time is a flat circle
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 5:03pm
The trainer may have worked him out.

He might be a Mr Quickie type where he is deadly fresh and with his races spaced at 1400m and 1600m.

That was a very strong win and I would love to see him in the Cantala off a month break.

On more run in the Sandown Stakes into the Cantala!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 5:06pm
A little bit of surgery has helped as well I think , the talent been there but it's been restricted .Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 5:07pm
Finally got him sound again
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 5:15pm
Well like both Rain Lover and Star Kingdom he decends from a grand mare called Canterbury Pilgrim winner of the Epsom Oaks and dam of two champion sons.  

I think he's more a 1600m to 2000m so good to see the speed early in the preparation.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 5:23pm
Trainer seems to think he doesn’t get that trip.
He wants to keep him to a mile and less.
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 8:55pm
Wow, well done MK.  I definitely didn’t see that result coming.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 10:15pm

Scans to determine Harbour's futureHarbour Views has been scratched from Saturday’s Cranbourne Cup and his career at the crossroads after Matthew Williams discovered a suspensory issue with the seven-year-old on Wednesday. 

“We’ve sent the scans to Ballarat to find out to what degree, but we really can’t say at the moment,” a disappointed Williams said.

“He had a gallop on Tuesday morning and we’re assuming it’s from that.

“He walked tender on it the next day.”

Harbour Views returned first-up with a win in stakes company in The Sofitel before finishing third in the Sandown Stakes and fourth in the Seymour Cup.

Harbour Views had recovered from a cracked sesamoid bone which saw him on the sidelines for close to 12 months leading into this preparation, with his Warrnambool-based trainer feeling he was in career best form with the lightly raced galloper who has also been sighted on 17 occasions – winning seven times.

“We will have to figure out what we do once we know more,” he said.

“He was probably going as good as ever too.

“If the vets say it’s not on the major side it’s probably six months best case.

“He’d miss the autumn and it might be a late spring.

“It doesn’t look shocking, but he’s got a few other issues and this is now another one.”Two horses Williams does have to look forward to however are Literary Magnate and Oenology who have both headed to the spelling paddock.

Literary Magnate did her connections proud with a gallant fourth in the Thousand Guineas.

“Literary Magnate did a good job but just lacks some maturity,” Williams said of the Written Tycoon filly.

“Those three-year-olds were a lot more mature than her and she still wants to lay in but she has the potential to keep improving.

“She might miss the early autumn and if she is going well and her form warrants it could go to Queensland over the winter.”

Another horse who carries the fluorescent yellow jacket of the Darren and Liz Dance’s Australian Thoroughbred Bloodstock is Oenology who finished fifth behind Spirit of Gaylard on Melbourne Cup Day.

“He was good but probably questionable at 1800 metres,” his trainer said.

“I think he’s a 1400-1600 metre horse and we did his DNA and it said that’s where he would excel too.

“That was really his first preparation and he was pretty dumb at the start so he can come back for an autumn and winter prep and look at some of those VOBIS races.”

Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 11:34pm
That is terrible news.

I feel for the connections.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 12:25pm
OTI announced the retirement of this horse this morning after he pulled up lame when resuming at Flemington last Saturday.

Only 18 starts in a 3 year career.  But was super consistent performer winning 7 races (including the 2021 Tontonan Stakes) and 5 placings.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 8:05pm

Harbour retired, show ring awaits

Harbour Views won’t be seen in the spring carnival this year, rather maybe in the show ring.

Matthew Williams recently made the decision to retire his injury plagued stable star, with the imposing galloper fortunate to find a home off the track with highly accomplished show rider Ali Berwick, who is the partner of Michael Kent Jnr. Williams prepares a small team from his beach facility for Kent and training partner Mick Price.

Despite his setbacks, the OTI owned galloper won seven races including his first five starts, with his win in the Listed Sofitel Stakes and close-up third in the Feehan Stakes his top performances.

Harbour Views last raced in June finishing ninth behind Looks Like Elvis.

“I knew straight away watching the race that was not him,” Williams said of his final start.

“He was trotting up not as good after the run and a in little bit of pain in his high suspensory and I just said to Terry (Henderson) we just can’t do any more here.”

The import arrived at Williams beach stables in 2019 and has been a high maintenance horse and only raced on 18 occasions.

Williams believes the gelding was the best horse to walk through his stable doors.

“I wouldn’t say he’s ever gone to the races and  I've said this horse is 100 per cent sound, there was always little niggles you had to try and manage his whole career,” Williams said.  [As a few of us have maintained throughout his career.]

“I was starting to feel if we went again I would be pushing too much and I didn’t want something to go wrong and regret that.

“If he had been a sound horse I have no doubt he was bordering on winning a Group 1 if you had have had him really right.

“I used to work him with old Gailo Chop and he’d sit four or five (lengths) off and go straight past him.

“He would be the best horse I’ve put a saddle on ability wise.”

Williams said Literary Magnate who finished fourth in the 1000 Guineas had returned to work and would be aimed for the Mannerism Stakes while stablemates Stardom Awaayts and Toregene could also be seen during the spring carnival.

As a few of us have maintained throughout his career.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 8:22pm
Thanks Gay.  Great result.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345