Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Begood Toya Mother - RIP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Begood Toya Mother - RIP
    Posted: 18 May 2019 at 2:13pm
Been following this horse from his first start.
He’s certainly going places, looking forward to watching him progress.

Edited by Gay3 - 08 Sep 2022 at 10:00am
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 2:21pm
BEGOOD TOYA MOTHER (AUS)Bay or brown gelding 2014 
Myboycharlie
Bay 2005
Danetime
Bay 1994
Danehill
Bay 1986
Danzig
Bay 1977
Northern Dancer
Pas de Nom
2-d
7-a
Razyana
Bay 1981
His Majesty
Spring Adieu
4-d
2-d
Allegheny River
Bay 1987
Lear Fan
Bay 1981
Roberto
Wac
12-c
20>
Allesheny
Chestnut 1982
Be My Guest
Bold Sands
8-c
4-r
Dulceata
Bay 1988
Rousillon
Bay or brown 1981
Riverman
Bay 1969
Never Bend
River Lady
19-b
10-a
Belle Dorine
Bay 1977
Marshua's Dancer
Palsy Walsy
16>
8-k
Snowtop
Bay 1983
Thatching
Bay 1975
Thatch
Abella
5-h
5-h
Icing
Bay 1973
Prince Tenderfoot
Cake
8-c
13-e
Lady of Helena
Bay 1999
Kaapstad
Bay or brown 1984
Sir Tristram
Bay 1971
Sir Ivor
Bay 1965
Sir Gaylord
Attica
2-s
8-g
Isolt
Bay 1961
Round Table
All My Eye
2-f
6-e
Eight Carat
Brown 1975
Pieces of Eight
Brown 1963
Relic
Baby Doll
8-f
3-o
Klairessa
Bay or brown 1969
Klairon
Courtessa
1-w
9-c
Lady Bronte
Bay 1983
Little Brown Jug
Brown 1976
Godavari
Bay 1971
Red God
Painted Glen
8-c
1-m
Pease
Brown 1959
Targui
Robinfaye
14>
14-a
Luciana
Bay 1974
Copenhagen
Chestnut 1954
Royal Charger
All Aboard
9-c
1-n
Second String
Bay 1962
Empire Way
Fourteen Carat
14-c
22-d
reductio ad absurdum
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 3:28pm
WOW
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 1:15pm

Memsie doubt for Begood

Trainer Daniel Bowman is striving to be good to his best horse and is wary of the potential repercussions of going straight to Group 1 level in Saturday's New Zealand Bloodstock Memsie Stakes at Caulfield with his emerging star Begood Toya Mother.

The Warrnambool trainer was on Monday morning weighing up a series of options this weekend - including the Memsie for the winner of seven of his 11 starts, the past six of them in a row - determined to find the best option for the horse on his way to his spring grand final in next month's $500,000 G1 Sir Rupert Clarke Stakes.

"I've got my doubts whether he's seasoned enough for weight-for-age just yet," Bowman said. "He's only had 11 starts and most of those weight-for-age horses have been around the block a few times.

"My gut feeling is he's six to 12 months away from that sort of level.

"The grand final is the Rupert Clarke and that's what we are working for and so we will run him in the best race that suits on Saturday to get to the Rupert Clarke third-up at 100 per cent fitness and soundness.

"We are going to gallop in the morning (on the course proper at Warrnambool) and see how the (Memsie) field takes shape."

Apart from his Memsie entry, Begood Toya Mother is also nominated for a $125,000 1400-metre handicap at Caulfield on Saturday, as well as the $100,000 Penny Edition Stakes at Morphettville Parks the same afternoon.

Although the Listed Penny Edition is worth the least of his three options, Bowman was given strong consideration to the early spring races that Group 1 stars of the likes of Gailo Chop (2017), Southern Speed (2012) and Alcopop (2011) have won on their way to feature race wins in Melbourne that spring.

"He's ready to have a good, hard run on Saturday and have three weeks in (to the Rupert Clarke)," he said.

"It (Penny Edition) might be a softer race and the trip away just might tighten him up just enough for that three weeks (gap) as well.

"It's on the Parks track and that should suit the horses like him. We'll look at all the noms and we'll make a decision on Tuesday night."

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 6:41pm

Begood's ballot torment

Andrew Eddy

Begood Toya Mother’s chances of making Saturday’s field for the Group 1 Sir Rupert Clarke Stakes have been improved sharply by Caulfield’s moveable rail.

Last year, the Melbourne Racing Club’s moved the rail out to the nine-metre mark for the pivotal meeting thereby forcing the field limit for the 1400-metre starts to be reduced by one to 15.

It was shaping as though that could be the case again this year until mid-Monday morning when the MRC confirmed the rail this Saturday would be out just three metres, which permits officials to run 16 horses from the 1400-metre start.

The rail movement came as some encouraging news for the connections of Begood Toya Mother, but he remains in a perilous position as regards to gaining a start.

As a consequence, Begood Toya Mother might be forced to Sydney to race this Saturday with trainer Daniel Bowman’s setting his sights on the G3 Bill Ritchie Handicap at Randwick as a potential back-up for the emerging galloper, who simply has to run this weekend, according to Bowman.

"The horse is ready to go," Bowman declared on Monday morning. "I’ve prepared him to be peaking third up. He’s ready to go. Where ever he goes, he’s going to run well.

"He had a good strong gallop at Casterton (Monday morning) over 1000 and we’re ready to go now."

If he decides against a hit-and-run trip to Sydney, Bowman has one more option with the horse so as to give him a shot at a Group 1 handicap.

"We either go a couple of more weeks – which will make it five weeks between runs  - into the Weekend Hussler or the Paris Lane and then into the Toorak."

Field sizes for the 1400-metre start at Caulfield were reduced initially from 18 to 16 following an incident in the 2016 Orr Stakes when runner Mourinho was kicked behind the start where horses had limited space to move.

In the 2017 running of the Sir Rupert Clarke, the rail was in the true position as it was the Underwood Stakes card in October. The rail being true allowed a full field of 16, but when the race reverted back to this date last year, the rail was out nine metres last year, forcing the field size to be narrowed to 15.

Bowman said connections face an anxious wait until Wednesday morning’s acceptances for the $500,000 race to see if he sneaks into the line-up at Caulfield.

"It really depends on what they do with Scales Of Justice and with a couple of horses that might back-up," Bowman said. "We might end up being first emergency and that will compact the weights a lot.

"There are a few that could run and that means we’re right on that 15th, 16th or 17th spot."

Bowman purposefully aimed at improving his horse’s rating during his off-season six-start winning streak and he was surprised to find he still might not have enough rating points in the bank to make the Group 1 this Saturday.

"I’ve done all I can to get his rating up," Bowman said. "At the time, after he won the Regal Roller he only got eight (rating points) and I didn’t think much of it, but maybe they were a bit lenient on him there.

"Age Of Chivalry went up 13 (points) off winning an open handicap and we went from a benchmark 84 to a listed race and only went up eight.

"I should have probably argued that at the time."

Bowman and connections will not be the only ones disappointed if their spring end-game is not met as former Irish rider Declan Bates has been working hard to make the 52 kilograms it is estimated Begood Toya Mother will be allocated when weights are released on Tuesday.

"He rode him (at 54kg) in the Regal Roller with a big saddle and good packing and we’ve known this will be about our weight for a good couple of months so he’ll be right to go."

Kingy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Xavier Xavier wrote:

Been following this horse from his first start.
He’s certainly going places, looking forward to watching him progress.

I was at the bool when he won back in March earlier this year.
We had a hot tip for him at $14 the night before and think he ended up starting around $4 and won with ease.
Dan Bowman was on course and can remember him or his stablehand saying something like " that's it, we gotta get get to town, he's better than anything going round at the minute in town " 
I've also followed since and can't believe what he's done since that BM64 at the bool, winning his next 5 starts, then racing really well in a G1. 
It's a great training effort Clap
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 4:20pm
Bloody champ!!!!!
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 4:25pm
Love this horse
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 3:52pm
So happy for owners 👏👏
How he got his name goes something like this -
Two brothers and a sister, one brother a trainer, other brother keeps calling him all the time asking for tips. His answer was always “Be good to your mother”
They end up getting a horse and call it.....................
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Kingy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 6:40pm
Can't believe he got out to $3.30, crazy price but I'll take it.

The bool was a rockin Saturday nite!
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 12:30am
It’s been a couple of days now... How come this thread hasn’t descended into another ‘anyone who has ever breathed the same air as Weiry is a cheat’ thread?
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 9:13am
Because he was long gone before the shot hit the fan
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 12:15pm
DJ Bowman Racing

Busy morning at Terang with 13 horses galloping on the course proper including stable Star Begood Toya Mother.

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2022 at 9:59am

Bowman mourning Begood Toya Mother

Group 1-winning galloper Begood Toya Mother has tragically passed away after suffering a heart attack at trainer Daniel Bowman's Warrnambool base on Wednesday morning.

"Unfortunately, he had a heart attack this morning at home at the stables, thankfully the vet was here, and he passed away peacefully," Bowman said.

"We let the owners know and the staff, everyone's just in shock I suppose, it really is like losing a family member when a horse has been that good to you."

The son of Myboycharlie gave Bowman his first elite-level win in the 2019 Sir Rupert Clarke Stakes (1400m) at Caulfield and had only jumped out on Monday at Casterton ahead of an expected spring return.

"He gave us the ride of a lifetime that nobody involved with him will ever forget," Bowman said.

From 30 career starts, Begood Toya Mother won eight races and earned connections more than $700,000 in prizemoney.

acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2022 at 11:15am
Thankfully he went with a vet and his people around him.  Sad for them all. R I P mate
animals before people.
 Post Reply Post Reply