Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Advice/discuss travel insurance

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Thinking of travelling to Europe, reluctantly Ouch. I see there is a flight with a long stopover in Dubai.  Who pays for the accommodation, is it included in price ?

Dumb question but I hate travel and have avoided it forever Smile

Why Emirates? Try Cathay Pacific and you will almost certainly be able to have a much shorter layover.

Or alternatively look at JAL who WILL provide accomodation in certain circumstances. But again, why the long layover when you can easily get a short one? I had 90 min in HK last year to Europe.

Just happened to see it when I was scrolling through the options, 1 stopover is about 12 hours, 1 is 19 hours.

Thought to myself that would be okay, and surprisingly they are cheaper
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

We have never had longer than approx 2 hours layover, in either Dubai, or Abu Dhhabi, to and from Europe/UK.   Did you look at Etihad ??
What about Singapor Airlines ?  Fly to Singapore then on to London ?

Had a look now, seems to be over $6000 each way compared to return of about $7500 - $9000 with other, business class.

Confusing though I may be wrong
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 2:56pm

We have never had longer than approx 2 hours layover, in either Dubai, or Abu Dhhabi, to and from Europe/UK.   Did you look at Etihad ??

Had a look now, seems to be over $6000 each way compared to return of about $7500 - $9000 with other, business class.

Spend the $12k but not on Ethihad. Go Singapore Airlines suites. You won’t regret it!
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Spend the $12k but not on Ethihad. Go Singapore Airlines suites. You won’t regret it!

cheers
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 9:44pm
Not trying to point you in any way, but Etihad has a huge sale on at the moment , to Europe and UK. And other places.
Depends if you are looking for a deal or are happy to pay .
Singapore Airlines  Syd/Singapore/UK  is a good route to fly,,,can get some decent deals too.

animals before people.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 9:47pm
Just keep in mind.  The more stop overs you have the cheaper it is and the longer it takes. 
Its cheaper but it takes for ever .
animals before people.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123