Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

MORE DRUG DEATHS - Event Date: 13 Jan 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 10:43am
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Personally I think the.05 limit is too low.
Given 5he technology is available why isn’t every manufacturer forced to put the alcohol testers and locks in ever car if they are serious about stopping drunk driving

Because they are too easy to manipulate.

.05 is a trap figure.   2 schooners and most are over.

More than 2 schooners and life could well be over. That includes innocents, whose life means little to our judiciary.

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 11:43am

Given 5he technology is available why isn’t every manufacturer forced to put the alcohol testers and locks in ever car if they are serious about stopping drunk driving
True Shrunk. Fact is they are just as interested in the easy income stream as they are in reducing accidents. Lots of hypocrisy with many of these issues - gambling, road rules, legal drugs - all give plenty of bucks to the coffers. I'd like to know why anti-smoking aids like Nicorettes arn't given away instead of costing a fortune. Answers pretty obvious
Refer ALP Election Promises
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 11:48am
More overdoses and fatalities this weekend at music festivals.
I have no sympathy for them.
They are a bunch of absolute losers, masquerading as hippie angels, pretending to save the world with a few yoga moves, while pushing their tiara's as a fashion brand and a bunch of other nonsense.

If they all exploded on drugs, the world wouldnt even feel a ripple. They are a bunch of nothings.
The sniffer dogs should go home, put the paws up and watch the big bash cricket instead. Its better viewing.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by Redemption Redemption wrote:

More overdoses and fatalities this weekend at music festivals.
I have no sympathy for them.
They are a bunch of absolute losers, masquerading as hippie angels, pretending to save the world with a few yoga moves, while pushing their tiara's as a fashion brand and a bunch of other nonsense.

If they all exploded on drugs, the world wouldnt even feel a ripple. They are a bunch of nothings.
The sniffer dogs should go home, put the paws up and watch the big bash cricket instead. Its better viewing.

You can't stand back and let them die, unfortunately, as they damage society & kill on the roads etc while slowly killing themselves.
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 12:31pm
if the argument against drug use, is that they get in cars and kill people.
Then there goes alcohol.......

But the facts are, only a small percentage of people drink when affected by either alcohol or drugs.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

if the argument against drug use, is that they get in cars and kill people.
Then there goes alcohol.......

But the facts are, only a small percentage of people drink when affected by either alcohol or drugs.

Rusty .. That is immaterial.    You are correct , No Doubt.

The ones that DO Drink/drug DRIVE .    Need to lose their licence for long periods.   the judiciary are a joke.

Greg Inglis... Good behaviour bond ... No conviction -- No loss of licence .    He wasn't only pixxed ,he was doing 10K over the speed limit.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 12:59pm
So needles are given out free - yet anti-smoking aids are not even subsidised. Sort of sums it up nicely.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

So needles are given out free - yet anti-smoking aids are not even subsidised. Sort of sums it up nicely.

You are not allowed to smoke in the Injecting Rooms.

Doesn't that tell a story.

Pity I won't be here to storm the barricades and overthrow Government,

Have the Public hangings of ALL Lawyers, half of the other Academics .

Stayers OK for the moment . School Teachers are well down the list.   
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 12:38pm

Won't be too long (in an evolutionary sense) before cars drive themselves and bio-tech is just a part of life.

Of course, by then we will have surrendered to Skynet, but at least the car won't get pinched.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by Red Hare Red Hare wrote:

Won't be too long (in an evolutionary sense) before cars drive themselves and bio-tech is just a part of life.

Of course, by then we will have surrendered to Skynet, but at least the car won't get pinched.

I doubt Skynet will get far .      Medical Science has no idea of the workings of the Brain and associated problems.    Too many illnesses they can delay progress buy generally in the dark.
Then they con us, they will think for us before long .
As bad as climate Change ? global warming ? severe weather?
          We need TIM FLANNERY clones.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 4:58pm
Correct me if I'm wrong but I get the impression that all these drug deaths are happening only at electronic dance music festivals- not country or jazz  or hard rock or blues or death metal or hard punk or grindcore or thrashcore or black metal. Which leads me to me inescapable conclusion and it's something I have always believed- dancing is bad for you.Cool
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I get the impression that all these drug deaths are happening only at electronic dance music festivals- not country or jazz  or hard rock or blues or death metal or hard punk or grindcore or thrashcore or black metal. Which leads me to me inescapable conclusion and it's something I have always believed- dancing is bad for you.Cool
Agree - & the worse you are at it the more dangerous it becomes. I only get rhythm when drunk as a skunk.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 10:15pm
These dance raves held during the day in 40 degree plus heat, everyone is popping pills and drinking these stupid energy drinks which speed up the heart rate even more.

EAD
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 10:52pm
Tamworth Country Music festival ran over 8 days and no one died !!!    Must be the $hit house music at the raves thats killing them.  LOL
animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Tamworth Country Music festival ran over 8 days and no one died !!!    Must be the $hit house music at the raves thats killing them.  LOL

The drug mentality is huge in Tamworth .   Extremely high unemployment compared to similar regional Cities.

I have family reside there.     Not unlike Lismore really.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 12:16pm
Yeah Macca, but the crowd that descend for CM week  ( non locals ) had a good time and didnt need to take drugs strong enough to kill them in order to have a good time.
I too have family there and its the same as most other large towns/cities,  drugs are there for sure.  So is problems with refugees, but thats another thread LOL
animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Yeah Macca, but the crowd that descend for CM week  ( non locals ) had a good time and didnt need to take drugs strong enough to kill them in order to have a good time.
I too have family there and its the same as most other large towns/cities,  drugs are there for sure.  So is problems with refugees, but thats another thread LOL

I understand ---Probably the Country & Western fans are more civilised .
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 3:13pm
Another 18 year old girl dead at the weekend of an OD.  Not at a music show but at a party.  ( In Sydney )  Friends claim it was her first time to try a drugs.  Had her whole life ahead, planning to travel for a gap year and come back to uni. Why would you do it when all the evidence is there in front of you.  Drugs kill.
animals before people.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314