Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Candy Man

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 5:45pm
Very ordinary type as a yearling which possibly explains why he sold for only $40k despite having a good page and being brother to a stakes-winner.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 5:48pm
So may not be related to any of those horses I mentioned ! Tongue
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 6:26pm
Suspect you may have been barking up the wrong (family) tree Max.  Big smile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 6:37pm
I'm pretty sure I heard it was, or had raced, in the Gunsynd colours, and with the name Candysynd a composite of the two, seemed a logical connection. Greys, too, of course.
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 6:52pm
You are correct about the Gunsynd colours
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 7:05pm
That's what got me thinking along the lines I mentioned. 
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 7:29pm
Recent runs have been patchy but a welcome return to form by this fan favourite today running 3rd in the BTC Chairman’s Hcp at Doomben.

Hope the old boy can find a race to win over the winter.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 9:38am
The aggressive ride may switch him on
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123