Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Majak Daw

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

So a perfectly happy person just wandered up, jumped and killed themselves

Yes.  It happens frequently.  If you think all suicides come at the end of a three act opera you will be mistaken.  

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 9:07pm
Will the law have all multi storey buildings "jump" proofed too.

Sad as it is ,   Suicide cannot be stopped and all the barriers you like will only send the " user " elsewhere ".

The answer is ...    wait for it =    MAKE IT LEGAL.
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Tontonan to be fair, I didn't read it that she was denigrating those who suicide, more counting her blessings that despite hardship in her life she is not the type to try killing herself.

My reading anyway

I don't think so Whale.  Subsequent posts suggest otherwise.  

kiss them.  They are all attention seekers.  
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 9:23pm
Kiss you to Toto.   What world do you live in ?  
animals before people.
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 8:50am
My family knows a gentleman that worked in London his whole life for train track engineering.
Barely any suicides.
Arrived in Australia 2 years ago to work for Australian trains, and he is in total shock at the amount of suicides in Australia.
He added that he is so shocked, it was sending himself into trauma and depression.

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 8:52am
Originally posted by Tontonan Tontonan wrote:

Tontonan to be fair, I didn't read it that she was denigrating those who suicide, more counting her blessings that despite hardship in her life she is not the type to try killing herself.

My reading anyway

I don't think so Whale.  Subsequent posts suggest otherwise.  

kiss them.  They are all attention seekers.  

yes I was wrong
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Kiss you to Toto.   What world do you live in ?  

attention seekers!!!!!

you have to be kidding...

what world do you live in?    Confused

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 6:29am
A very different one to you, thats for sure.Ermm
animals before people.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 4:19pm
The attention seekers are the "attempted suicides" ... they are literally shouting out for attention!

The successful ones are not seeking attention, they have just given up.
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

The attention seekers are the "attempted suicides" ... they are literally shouting out for attention!

If they arent heard, it gets very real, very quickly.
Their cry for help should always be taken very very seriously.
If not, they are just the next fatality of what is already a suicide epidemic.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 10:34pm

Thats how I see it , too. 
animals before people.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 7:10am
It surprises me that a bridge only 25m to the water has been a reasonably effective suicide method. Do they knock themselves out and drown?
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 9:01am
Thats strange isnt it .  They must land badly, or in shallow water maybe ? 
animals before people.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 9:08am
I imagine falling 7 storeys into water, especially falling flat would be like falling onto concrete.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 10:01am

Majak Daw got a lot of attention, trying to shore up his endorsements was he Ouch
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 1:16pm

Majak Daw got a lot of attention, trying to shore up his endorsements was he Ouch

Well said Whale
Clap
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 10:09pm
No idea what he was doing.    Someone in his position could have ask for help.  It would all be right there for him.   The clubs look after their players. 
animals before people.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 4:37am
Maybe Majak has a guilty conscious, something he did in the past is haunting him

Sad in this day and age how many young people are committing suicide

Not long ago a young 14yr old girl in Perth took her own life due to bullying and racism in school, very sad world we live in
EAD
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 6:30am
Originally posted by TIGER TIGER wrote:

Maybe Majak has a guilty conscious, something he did in the past is haunting him

Sad in this day and age how many young people are committing suicide

Not long ago a young 14yr old girl in Perth took her own life due to bullying and racism in school, very sad world we live in

Very True Tiger.

We may never know the real reason why, because as you said, "guilt", can often be a driving force to attempt suicide.
In saying that though, assumptions are bad when it comes to depression.
Depression is very largely misunderstood, and still a subject even the finest neurologists and psych teams are trying to examine in a scientific manner.

The stigma of depression is gradually going, and this is why I applaud even the likes of Buddy Franklin, who came out with his private battle and made it public.
Many sports stars have come out saying it, and this has been a huge step forward towards society not judging depression so rapidly, as it can happen to anyone at all.

One driving depression factor, strangely not talked about much anymore, is simply "stress".
People under extreme levels of stress.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12