Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

6 week old foal stolen from Vic racing stable

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 12:28pm
Yeah, that was him.
The horse did a sort of belly flop literally in the shadows of the post.

My recollection from his biography, is that his mrs was actually keen to keep the deception alive,she preferred the money to any accolades....

Apparently she sat in on all his interviews about the books,and would constantly set the record straight whenever he made a blue about what “he” had written.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 1:17pm
Loch Ard was it ?  The horse that belly flopped ?
animals before people.
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 2:16pm
Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 2:17pm
Devon Loch was his name. No one knows for sure why he did what he did but as I recall Francis's explanation was that the way the stands etc set up its like a noise funnel that hit the horse and he froze. The crowd was going crazy because the Queen Mums horse was winning.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 6:30pm
Thanks,,Thumbs Up  knew it had Loch in there somewhere.  LOL  That theory sound plausable.  I read somewhere they reckoned he tried to jump a shadow. 

animals before people.
early4lunch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote early4lunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 1:38pm
I have my own theory on this one.I think that the horse was delirious at the end of the race.He tries to jump a fence that is not there,it is on the other side of the rail.That is why he bellyflops.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123