Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Stallions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Helmet To Stand In Germany

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Ticino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Helmet To Stand In Germany
    Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 9:44am
Hello,
some sensational News. Helmet (by Exceed and Excel) will stand in 2019 in Germany! His location
in my home Country is the "Faehrhof Stud" situated between Hamburg and Bremen, his fee is set
at 9.000 Euros (ca. 13.500 AUS $).

He already had this season in Germany the succesful 2 year old filly "Peace of Paris", won a maiden race and was 3rdplaced in the "Zukunfts Rennen" (Gr. 3)

regards, Ticino
P=.S.: To my surprise he wasn't yet listed on the Website of the above mentioned Stud

Edited by Gay3 - 12 Nov 2018 at 11:37am
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 10:21am
He's done far better overseas than in Australia Ticino.  I think they are too hot for Australian racing.  They run the race before they get to the start.  He was a magnificent racehorse himself but did do things wrong.  Hopefully he fits your mares.
lulu View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 12:32pm
Hi Ticino,

I just googled Faehfhof stud and viewed some YouTube footage from 2016. It looks to be a beautiful place. I wish Helmet all the luck over there. He will put more bone into the stock than people may be used to.
His tail line may/ should be more suited to European lines as well.

Cheers
You're either Einstein or Frankenstein in this game.
Ticino View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ticino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 11:12pm
Hello,
I have recently read at a German Racing site in the Internet.
Helmet has covered at his first season at the "Faehrhof Stud" im my
home country 41 Mares. It doesn't sound much for Australian Standards, but you have to consider
the number of Thoroughbred foals is dropping constantly in Geermany.

regards, Ticino
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 7:30am
Sorry to hear about contraction of breeding in Germany Ticino.
kavg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 3:37pm
Don't be sorry 2nd. They're probably trying to breed quality over quantity.
Prejudice is an emotional attachment to ignorance.
DiEM25 for the world.
troppo75 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troppo75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 5:03pm
Or the cost of it is not for the ordinary man... factored in with economic problems in europe

Same goes for over here, still we have lots of foals.. but is it cheap? 
Now having passed 1000 posts I feel you are all so much the wiser for my having said... stuff!
Ticino View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ticino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 8:56am
Hello,
After 2 seasons at the "Fährhof Stud", according in our racingpaper "Sportwelt", Helmet (by Exceed and Excel) will move to Italy (Allevamento il Grigone at Vigone) during the next time.

During the 2 seasons at the "Fährhof Stud", he covered 70 broodmares, one more move for him.

Best regards from Germany
Ticino

Post Reply Post Reply