Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Saturday Racing Blog October 20 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 4:35pm
who would be a owner.51 race maiden briconi comes 2nd to a first starter who trailed last by 10l at tatura haha racing is mean!
chris Armstrong waller, *drugs are bad mkay
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by scamanda scamanda wrote:

Resin. Go you good thing. Party

After 3 quarters of a day's racing I'm wondering why I didn't just take the 3Rs in a multi.

Ranier, Restrained, Resin.

Well I'm glad you left Roosevelt out.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Originally posted by scamanda scamanda wrote:

Resin. Go you good thing. Party

After 3 quarters of a day's racing I'm wondering why I didn't just take the 3Rs in a multi.

Ranier, Restrained, Resin.

Well I'm glad you left Roosevelt out.

Me too mate. Ran a shocker.

About time the tables turned after 2 losing saturdays in a row.

stayer had the same idea as me but took the right horses with the Cup winner to close it off.
His shout.
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 4:58pm
Great to see Pete Morgan back in the winners stall, even though he is no longer training.
Wish him all the best as he continues to tackle that evil prick.
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 5:00pm
Absolutely scamanda.

I see punters sent Tom out favourite again. Bookies must have a shrine to this horse somewhere.
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 5:04pm
gelatihouse day here.

Let's attempt a hail mary and try to get out.

Spectrums Rhythm in the next at Toowoomba. Blinkers switched this horse on last start.

I think it's very good odds at around $8.50.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 5:05pm
Put the lot on Will Clarkens in the last af Morphy
Very good mare , should get it all back plus some
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 5:08pm
That’s it. I’m having porridge for dinner
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 5:18pm
That was terribly disappointing. I reckon that was my head that went through the gates before the race started but of course there's no chance of a vet inspection up there. Play on they say.

I'll be doing well if there's baked beans on the dinner table tonight.
Grey Affair View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Grey Affair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 7:28pm
Six of the winners at Caulfield led at the 400.

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 7:33pm
Give or take two others.

Glencoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glencoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 9:28pm
By CC time it was patently obvious one had to back on pacers. Therefore threw out all prior selections
Settled on Homesman & he was never in my original best 4. Thought I was clever getting on at 13's (started at 8"s) but the English jockey was cleverer.
I decided R9 was between Shumookh or the E/Z runner.  Took 8's on Shumookh. First winner for the day
The last seemed to be between Perast or Sirconi. Didn't get the early 12's but at the finish post 7.5 seemed very good value on my Sirconi/meech great front running rider ticket.
At 4.30pm I had no idea the day would end so nicely. I thought I was heading to the pawnshop
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 9:52pm
WINNERS & LEADERS :  400m & Finish positions

R1 : Zizis 1st & 1st
R2: Ranier 5th & 1st    Yulong January 1st & 2nd
R3 : Eduardo 4th & 1st   Miss Leonidas 1st & 6th
R4 : From Within 1st & 1st
R5 : Very Elleegant 7th & 1st    Pressure 1st & 9th
R6 : Thinkin' Big 1st & 1st
R7 : Mask of Time 3rd & = 1st; Best of Days 1st & =1st;
R8 : Best Solution 1st & 1st
R9 : Shumookh 1st & 1st
R10 : Sirconni 3rd & 1st   Music Magnate 1st & 10th (last)

5½ of 10 winners lead at the 400m

goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by Glencoe Glencoe wrote:

By CC time it was patently obvious one had to back on pacers. Therefore threw out all prior selections[DIV]Settled on Homesman & he was never in my original best 4. Thought I was clever getting on at 13's (started at 8"s) but the English jockey was cleverer.[/DIV][DIV]I decided R9 was between Shumookh or the E/Z runner.  Took 8's on Shumookh. First winner for the day[/DIV][DIV]The last seemed to be between Perast or Sirconi. Didn't get the early 12's but at the finish post 7.5 seemed very good value on my Sirconi/meech great front running rider ticket.[/DIV][DIV]At 4.30pm I had no idea the day would end so nicely. I thought I was heading to the pawnshop[/DIV]

I stood out perast in the quaddie for a large percentage bit was gone early when he was trapped 3wide no cover, was an enormous run under the circumstances.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123