Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

GOLD!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GOLD!!
    Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 3:04pm
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 3:07pm

Gold 'mother lode' unearthed underground in Kambalda delivers $15 million in just four days

Underground miners in outback Western Australia have unearthed rare gold specimens which geologists are calling a "once-in-a-lifetime discovery".

Workers at the Beta Hunt mine near the small town of Kambalda, 630 kilometres east of Perth, have brought more than $15 million worth of gold specimens to the surface in just four days.

The gold-encrusted rocks were found about 500 metres below the surface in an area just three metres wide and three metres high.

The largest specimen weighs in at 90 kilograms and took three men to lift it onto the back of a ute.

The quartz rock is covered in an estimated 2,300 ounces of gold worth about $3.8 million at today's gold price.

Another 60kg specimen is estimated to contain 1,600 ounces, or about $2.6 million in gold.Senior geologist Zaf Thanos said in most mines around the world it is only possible to see gold through a magnifying glass.

"You might go your whole life and you'll never see anything like it. It's definitely a once-in-a-lifetime discovery," he said.

"As a geologist, like I said, you get excited by a pinhead speck. But to see something on this scale is just phenomenal.

"This sort of bonanza zone is incredibly unique."

The rich cluster of high-grade gold has so far produced more than 9,000 ounces.

I've never seen anything like this': miner

Kambalda miner Henry Dole is credited with the discovery, describing it as hitting the "mother lode".

Mr Dole had drilled holes into the wall of the mine and planted explosives which were fired once he was safely on the surface.When he came back to the same area for his next shift, Mr Dole thought it was business as usual.

"Everything was covered in dust, and as I watered the dirt down there was just gold everywhere, as far as you could see," he said.

"I've been an airleg miner for 16 years. Never in my life have I ever seen anything like this.

"There was chunks of gold in the face, on the ground, truly unique I reckon.

"I nearly fell over looking at it … we were picking it up for hours."

Security tightened but temptation remainsA handful of gold rocks could be worth several thousand dollars, so security has been beefed up in the days since the find.

Armed guards have been transporting the gold to a secure vault.

Workers are under constant video surveillance and the area of the mine where the gold was found has been fenced off and padlocked.

The irony is that Beta Hunt has been mined for nickel, which is a key ingredient in stainless steel, since the 1970s, and gold has always played second fiddle.

There are stories among the workforce dating back to the early days of the mine which suggest similar bonanza finds may have been made in the past but were not considered significant at the time because of low gold prices.

There are also tales that workers in those days would bury bags of gold rocks in the event the commodity came back stronger.http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-10/rich-gold-seam-half-a-kilometre-deep-in-kambalda/10219576

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 3:12pm
I should cash in my NEO and get some of that while there is still something left to salvage.. 

$12.74 todayShocked
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

I should cash in my NEO and get some of that while there is still something left to salvage.. 

$12.74 todayShocked

Sit back and watch your money grow Confused

Lucky it is only an anonymous forum and he is not in the financial industry, may have been the subject of a law suit from Slater and Gordon Shocked
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

$12.74 todayShocked

Lucky it is only an anonymous forum and he is not in the financial industry, may have been the subject of a law suit from Slater and Gordon Shocked

Why is that? sue who?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 3:51pm

Elderly Mickleham farmers Edward, Garry and Keith Troutbeck set to turn 500 pounds into $50 million after sale of family farm

THREE elderly farmers are set to become overnight millionaires after learning their farm, bought for just 500 pounds, could fetch a whopping $50 million when it is sold next month.

Edward, Garry and Keith Troutbeck’s late parents bought their 25-hectare farm in the Melbourne suburb of Mickleham property in 1935, promising it would one day make them a “fortune”.

Little could they imagine, 83 years later, it would likely make their three sons multi-millionaires.

“Dad said one day you’ll come into a fortune but don’t sell it before you do,” Garry said.

“It’s taken a long time to get there hasn’t it?”

Garry said the trio had made the difficult decision to contact real estate agents because of increasing rates on the property.

A real estate agent’s advertisement at the property.A real estate agent’s advertisement at the property.Picture: Sunrise

The farm is expected to fetch up to $50 million when offers close next month and is tipped to be developed into hundreds of housing lots.

Edward said the brothers were flabbergasted to learn how much their property was worth.

“Forty five years I’ve been playing Tatts Lotto and never hit the jackpot,” he told Sunrise.

“I thought it was a joke at the start but it’s starting to sink home now.”

Brothers Keith, Garry and Edward Troutbeck.Brothers Keith, Garry and Edward Troutbeck.Picture: Sunrise

Despite their new-found fortune, the brothers, aged between 70 and 82, insist they’re “too young” to stop farming and would instead look further afield for another farm.

However, the three bachelors have also been told to expect more attention given their new wealth.

“The women have come out and given us good advice,” Edward said.

“Be careful, all these young women will be after you, marry you for 12 months and say ‘oh we want our money.”

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 3:51pm
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 6:03am

$12.74 todayShocked

SELL!!!
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 6:11am
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

$12.74 todayShocked

DISCLAIMER. The information provided is of a general nature and is not to be construed as investment advice. The information has been prepared without taking into account your individual objectives, financial situation, gullibility, greed or stupidity.
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
 Post Reply Post Reply