Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Lean Mean Machine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lean Mean Machine
    Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 9:59pm
He's a cracking type this Zoustar colt 

6L off them at the 300m after finding some trouble really pouring on the burners late  

Will appreciate the 1400m even more has to be a serious Golden Rose contender ...

VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 10:28pm
I think he was one who actually liked the sticky track conditions.

Would rather be on Graff, Zousain and The Autumn Sun in a drier track, but no doubt he won well today.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 1:32pm
This could be a very special colt. I know he did no work in the run but boy he was impressive.

Have no idea about his pedigree.

LEAN MEAN MACHINE (AUS)Bay colt 2015 
Zoustar
Bay 2010
Northern Meteor
Bay 2005
Encosta de Lago
Bay 1993
Fairy King
Bay 1982
Northern Dancer
Fairy Bridge
2-d
5-h
Shoal Creek
Chestnut 1988
Star Way
Rolls
6-e
4-g
Explosive
Bay 1990
Fappiano
Bay 1977
Mr Prospector
Killaloe
13-c
16-a
Scuff
Chestnut 1979
Forli
Moccasin
3-b
5-h
Zouzou
Bay 2001
Redoute's Choice
Bay 1996
Danehill
Bay 1986
Danzig
Razyana
7-a
2-d
Shantha's Choice
Bay 1992
Canny Lad
Dancing Show
14>
8-f
Meteor Mist
Chestnut 1987
Star Shower
Chestnut 1976
Star of Heaven
Show
2-o
8>
Sunbuster
Brown 1982
Blockbuster
Sunshine Lass
1-n
8-k
She's Meaner
Bay 2005
Falvelon
Bay 1996
Alannon
Bay or brown 1990
Noalcoholic
Bay 1977
Nonoalco
Alea
2-s
16-g
Summoned
Chestnut 1978
Crowned Prince
Sweet Life
4-d
1-n
Devil's Zephyr
Bay 1984
Zephyr Zing
Chestnut 1977
Zephyr Bay
Satina
22-b
13-b
Devil's Number
Bay 1970
Bluescope
Fair Luce
4-c
16-f
She's a Meanie
Brown 1995
Prince Salieri
Chestnut 1986
Salieri
Chestnut 1980
Accipiter
Hogan's Sister
9-e
2-n
Caitie's Kingdom
Chestnut 1980
Planet Kingdom
Kiss Me Cait
2-r
13-e
Shekanwyn
Brown 1987
Musical Phantasy
Brown 1976
Sham
Allie's Serenade
9-h
8-k
Brauner Flight
Brown 1981
Brauner
Heirship
2-f
C4
reductio ad absurdum
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 2:57pm
Don't think The Autumn Sun is going to the Rose. 

Graff did enough and Zousain had LMM's measure in Qld. Win was surprising considering his flop on the hvy up there. Might have had enough or not run the 1600m?
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 2:58pm
I really loved Prince Salieri and picked She's Meaner out of the yearling sales so he's on my radar.  On the other hand I don't think any of the Zoustar's I picked have shown much best being a minor winner Be My Star.  So like Snitzel I haven't worked him out yet.
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 4:07pm
The Autumn Sun is definitely going to the Rose, unless the plan has changed since Chris Wallers after race interviews yesterday.
AdaHunta View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 4:36pm
Had the 3 starts in Queensland 3BM not sure Zousain had his measure up there  

Went back from the wide gate in the Ken Russell settling last 3 n 4 deep making his run off the track on the bend and kept coming very good effort to finish 3rd Sesar is a decent horse and got the rails run to win it !!

Came from midfield in the G2 Sires running down Zousain over the 1350m 

Both on good tracks 

For whatever reason he never travelled well in the JJAKINS allways out the back on the Heavy track obviously a forgive run 

Trialed brilliantly I thought leading into this in total lock down mode whereas The Autumn Sun was urged along at stages Zousian slightly giving more late in the trial 

It was a HUGE run yesterday caught up in the same position the Autumn Sun was at the 300m …..both were HUGE but this colt was able to win it 

No doubt things will chance on a decent track and they all get to face off in what looks an absolute cracker of a Golden Rose !! 

3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by Speediskey Speediskey wrote:

The Autumn Sun is definitely going to the Rose, unless the plan has changed since Chris Wallers after race interviews yesterday.

Yep, my bad. It was Dealmaker going to the Gloaming.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 7:05pm
Lean Mean Machine

In answer to your question/statement above djebel Smile

Apart from Magic Symbol x 3 & Lalun x 2 it's a good example of Oz breeding with the strength of the Nasrullah/Hyperion/Princequillo recipe showing thru' - probably Wink

Click image to enlarge then click 'Zoom' for clarity or Right Click - View Image Smile

Edited by Gay3 - 09 Sep 2018 at 9:55pm
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 7:17pm
a few people who have had bad results do a right click on the above and copy image and paste to a word document and enlarge you get it clear that way also
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 7:20pm
Which horse is that please Gay?   
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 8:51pm
Lean Mean Machine I'd say SC
kavg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 10:18pm
A mile may see LMM out. She's meaner was a speedster from memory but also a half sister to love conquers all.
You'd have to say zoustar/love conquers all says sprinter miler and looks all set for the rose. The autumn sun having resumed at 1500 undoubtedly will target the longer races.
Prejudice is an emotional attachment to ignorance.
DiEM25 for the world.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 2:06pm
10 Colts – One Golden Rose Winner
Tara Madgwick - Thursday September 20
Unless Seabrook springs a surprise, 10 colts will be trying to win the $1million ATC Golden Rose on Saturday with victory seen as a passport to a commercial stud career, so we thought we'd take a look at their credentials - who would you want to stand at your stud?.

1/ Lean Mean Machine (Zoustar) $250,000 Magic Millions – He's already a Group II winning two year-old and added another Group II win to his resume with a first up win in the ATC Run to the Rose at 1200m. Being by champion first season sire Zoustar, Lean Mean Machine has already done enough to be considered stallion material and has a female pedigree with a lot of positives. It's all outcross blood and his stakes-winning dam She's Meaner is a half-sister to $1.3 million earner and sire Love Conquers All from Group I She's a Meanie. 

With Aquis Farm in the ownership there's no guessing where he will be headed to stud.

2/ The Autumn Sun (Redoute's Choice) $700,000 Inglis Easter – Unbeaten in three starts at two including the Group I BRC JJ Atkins Stakes at 1600m and third when resuming over 1500m in the Group II ATC Stan Fox Stakes. By champion sire Redoute's Choice, who is peerless as a sire of sires and has a top class European female pedigree, his dam being a half-sister by Galileo to Group I winner and successful sire Azamour. 

From a stallion perspective this is a pivotal race for him as if he can win or place it will show him as possessing elite sprinting type speed which is something a commercial stallion in this country needs to show. Owned by HK based Hermitage Thoroughbreds and managed by Anton Koolman, The Autumn Sun is a horse that would be on the radar for most stud farms.

3/ Zousain (Zoustar) $400,000 Magic Millions – Already a Group II winner at two at 1200m and was second to The Autumn Sun in the G1 JJ Atkins. The second runner for champion first season sire Zoustar and is from an imported Group III winner Pasar Silbano (IRE), a sibling to two other stakes-winners.

Widden Stud have already moved to secure him with looks, pedigree and performance in place to earn him a slot on their roster alongside his sire.

4/ Graff (Star Witness) $200,000 Magic Millions - Lost his unbeaten record last start when an unlucky second to Lean Mean Machine in the G2 Run to the Rose, but from a better gate could easily turn the tables. His form coming into this race is identical to his owner Alan Bell's previous good Star Witness colt Star Turn, who went south to Melbourne and won the Group II MRC Schillaci Stakes (1100m) against older sprinters in preference to running in the Golden Rose.

Obviously Graff is seen as having a better chance to run out the 1400m, although it should be noted his dam Dinkum Diamond and grand-dam Rajah Lane were both Group III winners that never won beyond 1200 metres.

Win lose or draw, there are loads of options for him going forward and he's an appealing colt by a very good stallion in Star Witness. Star Turn is now standing at Vinery Stud despite never quite winning a Group I race.

5/ Sandbar (Snitzel) $600,000 Magic Millions - A Listed winner last season at two over 1100m and again first up in the Listed ATC Rosebud Stakes (1100m). By the champion sire Snitzel from a Group III winning Street Cry (IRE) mare in Tallow, so has pedigree, type and ability. 

Reality is colts like him are a dime a dozen and to become a really premium sire prospect he's going to have find the form to elevate himself above the ruck.

6/ Santos (I Am Invincible) $180,000 Inglis Classi
 c – Group II ATC Skyline Stakes winner last season at two over 1200m and went to the line untested last Saturday in the Listed ATC Heritage Stakes over 1100m. Half-brother to an Aussie bred Japanese Group III winner in Melagrano from an old and very successful Emirates Park family that Gai Waterhouse knows inside out having trained Group I winner Fat Al and Group II winner Mutawaajid. 

Given the hype surrounding his sire, Santos is definitely stallion material and with Emirates Park in the ownership, Aquis Farm would have to be in the box seat to stand him.

7/ Jonker (Spirit of Boom) $45,000 Magic Millions – Won his first two starts in brilliant fashion including the Wyong MM 2YO Classic which gave him a Black Type win and then got smashed out of contention at the Gold Coast in the MM 2YO Classic. To his credit he's come back well with a fourth (G3 San Domenico) and third (G2 Run to the Rose) showing good enough form to rate him a chance in this from a good gate. 

There will be a race on to stands sons of Spirit of Boom given his phenomenal early success and Jonker will be one of them. He's from a half-brother to Group III winner Fair Trade and traces in tail female line to Eight Carat's noted daughter Cotehele House (GB), whose branch of the family has given us leading sires Commands and Danewin as well as rising stars Deep Field and Shooting to Win.

8/ Long Leaf (Fastnet Rock) $750,000 NZB Premier - Two time stakes-winner last season at two and contested every leg of the Sydney 2YO Triple Crown finishing sixth, fourth and ninth, albeit luckless on each occasion. First up second in Group III MRC Vain Stakes was really good, then failed on the heavy in the G2 Run to the Rose. 

By champion sire Fastnet Rock, a proven sire of sires and has quite a spectacular pedigree given his dam is a daughter of legendary producer Parfore, who has left Group I winners Terravista, Tiger Tees and Group II winner Ball of Muscle, all of them millionaires.

He still needs a lot more on his race resume to earn a slot on the roster at Coolmore, whose colours he carries as the bar is set very high there!

9/ Danawi (Exceed and Excel) $400,000 Inglis Easter – His trainer Tim Martin moulded his sire Exceed and Excel from a talented 2YO into a champion 3YO sprinter, who was ultimately bought by Darley, so he will be hoping for a similar outcome with this colt. Danawi was second to The Autumn Sun at Randwick in his lone start at two and won the Group III ATC Ming Dynasty Stakes (1400m) at his third run back from a spell before unplaced last start on the heavy.

By champion sire and proven sire of sires from a dual Group I winner by Dubawi, so has the pedigree side of it covered and comes into this with a significant fitness edge over many of his rivals.

10/ Tchaikovsky (Redoute's Choice ) $1.3million Magic Millions  – The only runner to have not won a stakes race, his lone success came in a Gosford maiden over 1200 m last season although he did show talent with a third in the Group II ATC Todman Stakes. By the champion sire Redoute's Choice from a fast Black Type female family packed with sprinters.

Was bought by James Harron Bloodstock and is raced by a big syndicate of his clients, who will be hoping this colt can step up and win some serious races this season or he'll be looking down the barrel of life as a gelding.
reductio ad absurdum
 Post Reply Post Reply