Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Stallions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Stallions who stamp their stock

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stallions who stamp their stock
    Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 2:38pm
Would anyone like to contribute any stallions who without doubt pass their attributes to their progeny? And of course what they pass - long legs, good looks, bad or good temperament, etc!
to the victor
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 2:50pm
High Chaparral and I am Invincible certainly stamped in the good looks department.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 4:16pm
So You Think - Looks & ability
Lonhro - Same
Commands - Same
Written Command - Same
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
robbo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 4:28pm
It is interesting reading Tara Madgwick's summary of the stallion parades from the weekend. She notes that Snitzel absolutely doesn't stamp his stock and they come in all shapes and colours. Menari and Invader could not be any more different; but they all seem to have ability. On the flip-side, I struggle to think of a chestnut Danehill or even a chestnut Redoute's?

It's interesting as to whether "stamping" stock is indicative of stallion potential. Agree that SYT and Lonhro have a certain type, as does I Am Invincible. The Shooting To Wins that I have seen have all been peas in a pod, and flashy peas at that.
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 4:33pm
With STW, he throws a lot of length into their back - his full brother Deep Field seems to either make a heavy-set horse especially with Danehill line mares or he throws what STW throws. How are those STWs developing?
to the victor
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 6:13pm
Saw a Star Turn filly foal at Vinery .  Geez, a ringer in colouring for the old man.  If they cant run,  the showies will be beating a path to the door for those horses. 
animals before people.
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 1:29pm

Hellbent above, I Am Invincible below
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by linghi11 linghi11 wrote:

With STW, he throws a lot of length into their back - his full brother Deep Field seems to either make a heavy-set horse especially with Danehill line mares or he throws what STW throws. How are those STWs developing?

I had a good look at both DF’s & STW’s progeny, albeit thru pics avail on Net. I came to the conclusion that DF’s were stronger better conformed types as a whole. STW’s concerned me a bit, plenty of colour, lack of bone, long backs, long pasterns.
They are about to hit the track as 2 yo’s so be interesting to look at how it all pans out?
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by tanbon tanbon wrote:

Originally posted by linghi11 linghi11 wrote:

I had a good look at both DF’s & STW’s progeny, albeit thru pics avail on Net. I came to the conclusion that DF’s were stronger better conformed types as a whole. STW’s concerned me a bit, plenty of colour, lack of bone, long backs, long pasterns.
They are about to hit the track as 2 yo’s so be interesting to look at how it all pans out?

You’d probably try a big-bodied mare with STW and a lighter mare with DF, I didn’t love the heaviness I saw when DF mated to the Danehill line as to me personally they didn’t look athletic. The STWs look athletic but slight - alas this is from sales images they could have developed differently into 2yos - would love to see some more current photos.
to the victor
Bushy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bushy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 8:28pm
Mawingo is the one I cant believe how good they look and spitting image of the old man body shape- he will never make it in Tasmania but impressive and all the same
PhillipC View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhillipC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

So You Think - Looks & ability
Lonhro - Same
Commands - Same
Written Command - Same

Do you think that perhaps Lonhro isn't throwing his type, but it's in fact Eight Carat coming through?  Many of her decedents are similar in colour and type, well, it appears to me anyway :-)
http://www.equinehaven.com.au
 Post Reply Post Reply