Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Saturday Racing Blog August 18 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 5:20pm
Never in doubt after she had a clean jump.
she was just better than them
This space has been intentionally left blank
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by furious furious wrote:

I think she looks better than this time last year.  Much better win first up anyway.  What a horse sorry should say what a mare.

Yep, Bowman couldn't hold her in the exhibition gallop. On radio this morning he said he knew she was absolutely humming after trackwork Thurs. Waller said a few times that he thought she was better. Add to that the 26 target which they desperately wanted. Relief everywhere.

That bloody wind and apparent track bias were the only little negs.

Deserved record. 
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Originally posted by MJB MJB wrote:

I think people are overreacting.

Have a look at where the Godolphin horse came from in race 3. And l would say she was 3 lanes away from the fence.

The minimal bias won't beat Winx. People just want to find ways for her to get rolled.

Out to about 4-5 wide looks the limit to me MJB. I backed Almanzora and she was 5 or 6m inside where Winx and Ooohood came. Reckon there's a length or two advantage on the inside?

Yep, there's a definite advantage closer to the fence. But l would only consider that into my betting with the other races. When it comes to Winx, she's just a different machine to the rest.

Bias would never get her beat in my opinion. Only bad luck would but that's why you see Bowman ride her wide in most races. He eliminates the bad luck factor. They might not look like good rides to the eye but it's the right way to ride her.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 5:35pm
Apart from the Red Excitement ride when he went to sleep off a moderate pace, I agree. His 2017 CP wide all the way ride was the way to steer her that day.

Anyway, history made, they can relax. We all can. 

TF can keep sucking that Battaash teat while we have the great pleasure of seeing a true freak.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 5:57pm
Hartnell worth something at 10s.
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by scamanda scamanda wrote:

Phew - looked awful at the 350m mark, esp being wide.

Why would you put Schofield on anything? Most had K one/one at worst, esp on the track as it has been today. I'm happy he fu'd because I had a big place bet D'argento

I'm Grim's biggest hater.  

The replay will be worth watching a few times. See who the jockeys and trainers are for those involved.
Which horse dropped anchor forcing Kementari to be restrained just as a certain grey horse raced up outside him, just as Winx took the sit behind that grey horse? Slow pace on what is supposed to be a biased track.

Winx is Winx. She was always going to make up that sort of ground.
No replay posted on the RNSW site. Wonder why?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 6:11pm
Watched the replay on Racenet. No head on but side view suggests there was no excuse for Schofield taking K back. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 6:12pm
"He had his chance, he loomed up with the mare and couldn’t quite sprint with her, he ran okay I suppose."
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 6:24pm
Religify eased back, D'Argento outside K and Winx in behind D' and Invictus Prince came off the rail over racing, K eased back behind IP with Winx on his outside. 

Bloody terrible video quality Racenet but K never wider than 2 horses until just before the turn when he had to go. 

"He had his chance, he loomed up with the mare and couldn’t quite sprint with her, he ran okay I suppose."
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 6:42pm
Go The Bull.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 6:44pm
Osburne Bulls. Stayer will be smiling.

Question - will stewards charge most of the riders in the Egyptian Symbol race with incompetence?
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 6:50pm
"Question - will stewards charge most of the riders in the Egyptian Symbol race with incompetence?"

She certainly had her own way in front.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 6:53pm
Osborne was a heart stopper!
Now need Mask of Time for 30% of big 6. Not sure why I picked it one out now!
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 6:57pm
Well Grim got a serve or 2 earlier so I suppose he should win the last.
James Cummings gave a little push for Souchez too.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 7:00pm
At a jog trot early Scamanda. Appalling lack of initiative.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 7:01pm
Don't like Souchez's map but gl
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 7:05pm
Geez kaonic backers can be grateful Best of Days didn't get out!
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 7:05pm

Don't like Souchez's map but gl

Just pointing out that crap can fly back when I throw it 3bm.
I was on the stablemate.

Everyone, blackbooks out BE ON NEXT TIME.

Horse Racing1. Best Of Days - @ 7
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 7:09pm
Lol. Should have known Scamanda. I'm not sure which of us rates "Grim" lower. He's either good or rubbish with very little in between.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 7:24pm
Big 6 supp paid $46 🤣
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 7:26pm
Dunn on Call Me Handsome. Feel like I'm a golfer who just made a bogey on the last to take second place. 
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by MJB MJB wrote:

Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

This is me today:

Randwick

R4 Lay Oohood - I have had a bonus bet on Futooh $8 and will consider backing Fiesta and/or Outback Barbie. Otherwise I'll just lay Oohood if she's short enough. Way over-bet in my view. This is a handy race.

Hope you took a trifecta!

You know I rarely do trifectas but I did this one! I was at the races with mates and they asked me what I thought here, told them I thought one of these three would win and they said let's smash the tri, so we did! Paid $111, better than nothing.
Sunline...simply supreme
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12