Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Stallions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Brief Truce - R.I.P.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brief Truce - R.I.P.
    Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 9:46pm
Stockwell Thoroughbreds

Stockwell Thoroughbreds is saddened to announce the passing this morning of its long standing and highly successful stallion BRIEF TRUCE.

BRIEF TRUCE passed away peacefully after a very short illness and has been buried in the paddock that has been his home for the past six years since his retirement from stud duties.

He was an outstanding racetrack performer for Irish trainer Dermot Weld, whose mother bred and raced the son of Irish River. Among his successes was the time honoured St James’s Palace Stakes at Ascot, UK which led to him being crowned Champion 3YO miler of Europe. Brief Truce competed across Europe and the US in his career which ended with a gallant third in the Breeders Cup Turf Mile. From his nine starts, all at the top level of racing he won four times and was placed at his other five runs.

Retired to stud, Brief Truce shuttled between Coolmore Stud in Ireland and Woodlands Stud in NSW before he was purchased by Gestut Sohrenhof in Switzerland and Independent Stallions Victoria.

Brief Truce’s 51 stakes winners include his breakout 2001 season when he achieved the unrivalled double of a Blue Diamond winner in True Jewels and a Caulfield Cup winner in Diatribe in the same year. His other Group one winner was the wonderful Red Oog who was successful at the top level on two occasions. Other outstanding winners for Brief Truce include So Gorgeous, True Glo, Gordo and more recently General Truce.

“Brief Truce was a character who, despite a tough exterior, was a soft heart and gentleman to work with,” said Stockwell’s Brodie Becker. “ He lived a full life and never had a sick day in his life until the last week when he showed the effects of his years in his mobility”

“We will miss him and so will his old mate Arazi who is the same age. They have been side by side for many years after having been racetrack rivals back in their halcyon days”

“By any measure, Brief Truce has left his mark on the industry as a racehorse, successful sire and now as a broodmare sire.”

Amazing that this fellow doesn't have his own thread untill now Star Star Star

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 9:54pm
I found an old one on the breeding forum but doesn’t get much traffic
This space has been intentionally left blank
Aurelius View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 10:19pm
sad.
 Post Reply Post Reply