Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

More Green Gelati

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 2:44pm
When in doubt, blame the Gubment Big smile
animals before people.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 7:21pm
Undercover filming reveals Scotland's growing 'bag' problem.

RED HUNTER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 7:27pm
[QOTE=Tontonan]
These cost $4 at Kmart.  The replacement rolls are 3 for $2. A roll lasts for ages.  There must be 100 bags on the roll.  They clip securely on to your belt or even better on to the dog lead so you never forget to take them along.  I am a volunteer dog walker and never found shopping bags to be the best solution for the dog waste problem but these are just perfect.  
I hate weeding.  So I collect all the cardboard I can and once a year I push back the mulch and lay cardboard over the garden, damp it down and recover with mulch.  I haven't had to pull a weed in years.  In 12 months it has rotted back into the ground and the first weeds are the signal that it is time to renew.

Paper and Cardboard can be added to the compost heap.  They count as 'brown' material and it is a good balance for 'greens' if you mainly compost fruit and veg and lawn clippings.   Composting is an art worth learning, especially if your garden wants lots of lovely organic matter.  

I have not doubt Colesworth are only banning plastic bags for profit - but that is not the point.  Waste is always bad.
[/QUOTE]
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 7:28pm
Do yourself a favour...do it in style

BUY A BIJAN bag
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 7:52pm
I don't follow.  Do you mean I should buy a very expensive handbag to put dog turds in ?  Or to replace my old canvas bags  for the shopping ?  

I have a couple of these that live in the car. $3 each.  I have had them for a few years now.  They even have the loops to hook onto the bag stand at the checkout.   The trick to remembering them is to toss your car keys into the bag when you have unloaded the shopping.  

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 10:53pm
Tontonan...a BIJAN bag has been known to cost US$ 1.22 mill.

go to Rodeo Drive.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234