Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

ASUDEM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASUDEM
    Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 9:46pm
I watched the two barrier trials of this horse and two race starts. Plenty to like ,going forward.

Trained by LUKE THOMAS.

RacingNSW posted an article about him

The strange name ASUDEM relates to the dam's name.

MEDUSA backwards.

This horse has ability and the first race start was painful to watch,seeing all that it did wrong. On face value a shocking ride but an excuse was offered.

Today at TAMWORTH,walked out and made heaps.

It will be interesting to see if they can IRON OUT the faults SOON.

The horse is YOUNG and surely it just has to get better and better for the group of owners.

He likes Duporth 2yo Asuden who did a bit wrong at Dubbo last start with a “sore tooth”. Luke was looking at Port Macquarie on Sunday with the juvenile but has elected on Tamworth against older horses. Dark Elixir (R6) “is flying at the moment” and going well while Dragoneight is also in at Port and could start there yet, Luke said.
 4th of 4SCNE 13Jun18 900m Soft5 OPEN-BT $000 Ms Melea Castle (a) 0kg Barrier 0 
1st Dalmatia Prince 0kg, 2nd Big Reg 0kg 0:55.03 (600m 34.62), 4.54L
1st of 12P MQ 17Jun18 1006m N/A CL1 $20,000 ($11,085) Ms Belinda Hodder 55kg Barrier 3 Rtg 48 
2nd Traumatised 59.5kg, 3rd Shoreditch 58kg 1:01.75, 3L, 8th@800m, 6th@400m, $17/$19/$16/$15

(Note...DRAGONEIGHT won....)
RED HUNTER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 9:47pm
Thomas Expects To Have A Successful Day At Tamworth
http://www.racingnsw.com.au/news/country-news/thomas-expects-to-have-a-successful-day-at-tamworth/" style="box-sizing: inherit;">

By Geoff Newling

It's unusual to find a trainer represented by the two topweights in one race. Even more unusual that they, Arctic Warrior and Austinmer, have drawn alongside each other in barriers 10 and nine respectively as well.

While it is a plate race and the horses are graded on their age and sex, they are still one and two and will run for Muswellbrook trainer Luke Thomas in Tuesday’s $20,000 Thread Effects Maiden Plate (1600m) at Tamworth.

Thomas accepted with the pair on Friday and intends to run them, booking Josh Adams for Arctic Warrior and Belinda Hodder for Austinmer. Adams is also having first ride back from a nine-day suspension incurred at Kembla Grange on June 2.

Luke Thomas is a young trainer, a horse breaker by trade who elected to take out a training licence 10 months ago. While he is listed as a Muswellbrook trainer, he trains mainly at his 20-acre farm near Glendonbrook, which Luke says is “about 15 minutes out of Singleton towards Gresford”.

“It’s very picturesque down here,” he said. “I’ve also got the luxury of another 2000 acres up the back in the hills and full of trails. I’ve got a 1000m track too with an uphill finish and a swimming pool as well. I go to Muswellbrook for jump outs and gallops (on the grass).”

He said he’s had a “bit of cull this week” and now has 15 in work. A lot are problem horses sent to him but he does have some nice young horses just starting to come through and he also breaks in a few as well.

Of his two top weights, he laughed: “Austinmer came to me as a problem horse, very highly strung, has a lot of ability but a bit of a rev head. I think the 1600m will suit him. Belinda Hodder will ride him. I’ve had a lot of success with her.

“Artistic Warrior came to me as a naughty boy. His run at Cessnock the other day was good on an unsuitable track over 1350m. Josh will ride. I think this horse is looking for a mile.”

He likes Duporth 2yo Asuden who did a bit wrong at Dubbo last start with a “sore tooth”. Luke was looking at Port Macquarie on Sunday with the juvenile but has elected on Tamworth against older horses. Dark Elixir (R6) “is flying at the moment” and going well while Dragoneight is also in at Port and could start there yet, Luke said.

“I think we’ll have a good day up there (at Tamworth),” he said. “They’re all good each-way chances

Post Reply Post Reply