Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Tipping and Wagering
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Royal Ascot 2018 Selections and Banter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 7:48pm
No worries.  I enjoyed it.

I found it interesting that while the Early Faves did well enough and even returned a flat stakes profit the actual favorites only returned 6 winners (20%) and made a 24% loss.  So did Timeform for all their experts and analysts and computers and secret formulas they only managed 6 winners and 5 of those were the favorites.

A special word for Matt Bisogno of geegeez.co.uk.  He managed just one winner all week, recorded an 86% loss at flat stakes, got whiney and whingey as the week went on and disappeared for Day 5 entirely.  Tongue  It was a tough week.

ThreeBears two big handicap winners against fields of 30 was remarkably good tipping and Andi Cap's Lazarus routine to bat four winners in a row then put his account into profit with a 12/1 shot on the final day was something to behold... especially as we are long, long way from Ascot.

Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by Tontonan Tontonan wrote:

No worries.  I enjoyed it.

I found it interesting that while the Early Faves did well enough and even returned a flat stakes profit the actual favorites only returned 6 winners (20%) and made a 24% loss.  So did Timeform for all their experts and analysts and computers and secret formulas they only managed 6 winners and 5 of those were the favorites.

A special word for Matt Bisogno of geegeez.co.uk.  He managed just one winner all week, recorded an 86% loss at flat stakes, got whiney and whingey as the week went on and disappeared for Day 5 entirely.  Tongue  It was a tough week.

ThreeBears two big handicap winners against fields of 30 was remarkably good tipping and Andi Cap's Lazarus routine to bat four winners in a row then put his account into profit with a 12/1 shot on the final day was something to behold... especially as we are long, long way from Ascot.

I really think it was a tough meeting and that those who did produce a profit were outstanding.

I agree that picking a winner in a 30+ field is beyond good. Those that do - standing ovation.

I do think that some of the keys are:
  1.  watching replays of past races
  2.  long analysis of form
  3.  avoid the tipsters from the different media sources
  4.  Have racing.com on ALL NIGHT LONG
Cheers

Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 9:34pm
I'll tell something brudder.  I was counting your second selections.  9 of them won and you would have had a profit from backing them all. 

I don't know about watching racing.com all night long. 

I prefer to only watch the parade and the race.  The rest of it is pointless fill and I have a low tolerance of gibbering top hats.  In fact, if I hadn't been able to escape to the football I doubt I would have made it through day 1 - although the same can be said of Australian racing broadcasts. 

Escaping to the football highlighted just how limited the racing.com broadcast is in terms of picture quality.  The football looks glorious in HD, the racing looks blurry and pixelated on the narrow bandwidth.  

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456