Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Breeding Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Stallion suggestions - Duty With Honour

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2022 at 6:30pm
Ciaron Maher emailed us today advising that our marvelous homebred Yulong January had been retired, that after earlier saying the fellow was feeling his joints.

A terrific campaigner with 9 wins from 21 starts and close to $700k in the bank. 

Mixed emotions from us: sad to see his racing career is over, but just so glad the stable so quickly pulled the pin and avoided a far less benign end. Am a bit emotional actually.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2022 at 6:57pm
Whilst your emotions are understandable, there are many more plusses than minuses to his story, starting with the astute planning of his very existence Tongue
I'm sure you have many race winning pictures to admire or conversely, add to the melancholy, depending on mood at the time.
I've no doubt all of us would be proud to have bred & reared such an honest high achiever Clap

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Rhino View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2022 at 9:47am
Just must be so good to share in the successes of such a genuine and honest competitor. It's good to be emotional SC,.....be joyous in knowing you got to experience the thrills of it all, and the horse will be happy in retirement. I'm in envy.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2022 at 10:56am
I hope he finds a great retirement home
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789