Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Lindsay Park Racing - HHD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lindsay Park Racing - HHD
    Posted: 17 Mar 2018 at 11:49pm
Looking for some info on Enbihaar in the GS and decided to have a closer look at the HHD website. Incredible setup. Must cost a bomb to run. Apart from Godolphin (and to a lesser extent Williams) who else would have private facilities like these?

Lindsay Park Euroa is located 150km north-east of Melbourne, just off the Hume Highway.

The property is strategically positioned to target provincial racing in Victoria and southern New South Wales as well as metropolitan races in Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide.

Lindsay Park has the best of both worlds - luxurious, yet practical country and city facilities, utilised to suit individual needs of individual horses.

The day paddocks are invaluable in keeping our horses happy and healthy. Grazing on irrigated pastures is regular routine for our horses in training.

The aqua trainer is used in pre-training, aids in post-race and post-gallop recovery and allows a 'freshen up' without horses losing fitness

The 2000m Kikuyu cambered turf track with chutes and starting stalls reigns supreme for fast work and trials, while the 1950m Pro-Ride (synthetic) track can be used in all weather conditions. It allows our horses to gallop and trial in both clock wise and anticlockwise directions. The 1330m uphill Pro-Ride track and 2000m and 1250m sand track is used for slow work and base conditioning.

Track work is viewed from observation huts which enable the trainer to get a close up view of the horses work. The huts are equipped with electronic timing systems, and the gallops are recorded and videos are regularly emailed to owners.

The on-property spelling grid allows trainers and veterinarian to keep a close eye on the horses while they are spelling to ensure they are in good condition when they resume training and assists in the management of horses with various ailments and injuries.

Lindsay Park Euroa comprises of:
  • 1200 acre property
  • 96 stables - rubber floored for comfort
  • 36 yards with shelters for horses in training
  • 32 day paddocks for horses to enjoy through the day
  • 6 horse water walker (aqua trainer) enclosed in indoor shed
  • Horse swimming pool
  • 2 horse walkers
  • 2 high speed treadmills
  • 2000m Kikuyu cambered turf track with chutes and starting stalls
  • 1950m Pro-Ride (all weather) galloping track
  • 1330m uphill Pro-Ride cantering track
  • 2000m & 1250m sand cantering tracks
  • Hurdle track for schooling horses and adding variety to training
  • Training hub with stripping area for 24 horses
  • Vet examination area
  • Farrier shop, tack room and trainers office
  • Hospital quarantine area with stables, undercover yards and examination space
  • Main office block with client/staff canteen
  • In house horse transport on Lindsay Park floats
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 12:07am
HHD horses have won $36.3M last 2 seasons, 
Waller $42.8M, 
Godolphin (JO/JC) ~$26M
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 6:27am
D K Weirs near farm is going to be right up there when it’s finished, just needs more money to get it done. I’ve been up and had a look at it, it’s starting to come along really well
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 6:28am
New farm** at Baringhup
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 11:08am
Ah yeah completely forgot about Weir.

HHD          $36.3M   last 2 seasons, 
Waller       $42.8M, 
Godolphin ~$26M,
Weir          $43.8M
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 12:10pm
Bit weird that the tracks at Lindsay Park aren't a complete circle.

Fair chance he knows more than me though.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by Red Hare Red Hare wrote:

Bit weird that the tracks at Lindsay Park aren't a complete circle.

Fair chance he knows more than me though.

Tried to recreate what the family had at Angaston which was without doubt the best horse set up I’ve sever seen
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 2:00pm
Next month's T.J. Smith Stakes at Randwick appears to have lost another headliner with Vega Magic now likely to instead defend his Goodwood title in Adelaide in May.

Vega Magic was given a solid jumpout at Seymour on Tuesday morning and while co-trainer David Hayes was delighted with his sprinter's performance, he said the $2.5 million Randwick race on April 7 was coming up too quickly.

"He's looking big and strong and we gave him this trial to see if we are going to run in Sydney in the T.J.," Hayes said.

"He did have a big blow and he was incredibly impressive. We'll see how he comes out of it but my gut feel is that we wait for the Goodwood (May 19). (We'll) give him a nice slow preparation into it after his setback and then set him for The Everest (in October)."

Last spring, Vega Magic added a Memsie Stakes win to his Goodwood win in the autumn before the horse ran second as race favourite in the inaugural $10 million The Everest.

Vega Magic's likely exit from the richest G1 sprint in Australia follows that of three-time winner Chautauqua last week after he failed to jump out of the barriers in a trial for the fourth-consecutive time.

Hayes said the Goodwood decision was one that erred on the side of caution as Vega Magic is recovering from major surgery, having required about 40 stitches after running into a fence during his spring spell.

"On what I saw today, I know I have a world-class sprinter, so exciting times ahead," he said.

"He's had a gallop at Lindsay Park (Euroa) building into this and the only gallop I've seen as good came from Redkirk (Warrior) and we all know how good Redkirk is.

"He ran 11.1 (seconds for 200 metres) up our hill and that is as good as you see."

Also taking the opportunity to trial on the course proper at Seymour on Tuesday was the former Sydney-trained Spieth, who is yet to have a run for his new stable but has done some impressing during his short time at Lindsay Park.

"We're learning with Spieth," Hayes said. "He sat back, Ollie (Damien Oliver) rode him and he quickened up nicely.

"He had a healthy blow and he'll head towards a trial at Flemington in 10 days' time and then we'll work out where we go from there but I am very happy at this early stage."

Hayes said his Adelaide Cup-winning mare Fanatic showed she was on track for a Sydney Cup start next month with her work.

"She was terrific today," he said. "She worked on the Sydney leg with the going Dead to Slow and she ran her last furlong at the end of 10 furlongs in 10.9 (seconds) so it was excellent work."
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 2:01pm
He has been a nightmare for punters' and race rivals alike, but So Si Bon is once again showing his trainer all the right signs to bank a sought-after victory in Saturday's Group 3 Victoria Handicap (1400m).

If he's not finding one better, he's trying to get a piece of one of the horses he's racing against - most recently ex-stablemate Missrock in the Newmarket Handicap, in which he finished 13th.

That was on stable debut for Lindsay Park, and head trainer David Hayes said 'a bit of tough love' might be the key to unlocking the So You Think entire's unquestionable ability - and break through into the winner's stall.

"He had to trial twice without savaging another horse - and if he did savage, he'd have to trial twice again," Hayes said.

"So he did the big double trial [two trials in 24 hours], which is most unusual.

"But if he hadn't trialled, he wouldn't have been able to run this weekend.

"He trialled better the second trial, and his work yesterday was excellent.

"A bit of tough love I think has really suited him. He'll run in blinkers - and he was another one who came down the wrong part of the track at Flemington, so I think he'll improve a lot."

WATCH: So Si Bon's Newmarket Handicap run

So Si Bon has one win from 21 starts, but has accrued Group 1 placings over 1400m (Sir Rupert Clarke Stakes) and 2000m (Rosehill Guineas), as well as a fourth over 2500m (Victoria Derby) when under the tutelage of Cranbourne trainer Robbie Laing.

Hayes is also backing another of his Newmarket stable debutants Fastnet Tempest (last) to improve second-up.

"I think they got in inferior ground that day," he added.

"Two have run since - Catchy and Thronum - and ran brilliantly in the Group 1, so I think Fastnet Tempest can bounce back."

The 2016 Toorak Handicap winner He's Our Rokkii hasn't run a place in 12 subsequent runs since his Group 1 breakthrough, but Hayes is potentially setting him up for a busy seven days starting on Saturday.

"Rokkii's definitely running [in the Victoria Handicap], with the chance of backing up into the Golden Mile," Hayes said.

"If there's a bit of give in the track, it'd improve his chances."

Cannyescent completes a Lindsay Park quartet in the race, and his fourth to Whispering Brook at Moonee Valley was a good enough showing stepping out to 1400m.

"I thought Cannyescent's was the best run of the prep the other day, and coming into form, at a preferred distance, so the stable will have a strong hand in that race," Hayes said.

Hayes said of the stable's three nominations for the G3 Easter Cup (2000m), it appeared 10-year-old Jacquinot Bay would be their only representative - with Addison better placed in the Benchmark 84 over 1800m, and Golden Mane headed elsewhere.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 12:45pm
I see Lizzie’s horse Bold Sniper is back in work.. trialled at Tatura yesterday.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 12:26am
New training facility at Pakenham (on course) opens its doors for the first time tomorrow morning. Will house 10 at this stage.
Managed by their former Adelaide foreman Billy Papazaharoudakis
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
 Post Reply Post Reply