Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Grunt

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by Gee Gee Gee Gee wrote:

Kermadec, Press Statement didn't return the same after the whooping they got from her

The big name she was said to have broken was Hartnell.
Pity he has won 2 Grp 1s this calendar year. 

Id like a horse as broken as him.
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 4:21pm
So now he's immature. Weren't they making noises about the Caulfield and Melbourne Cup a few weeks ago. It's hard to keep up with the adventures of Grunt.
'
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 4:22pm
Grunt's run was just too bad to be true.
There had to be something amiss.

I hope he gets plenty of time  to recover. He's too good to be playing games with.
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
Underground View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Underground Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 4:23pm
such a dumb narrative lol. the foxplay race she missed the jump by 6 lengths. foxplay was just never that good + 3rd and 4th (red excitement and ecuador) are deadset C graders
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by scamanda scamanda wrote:

Grunt's run was just too bad to be true.
There had to be something amiss.

I hope he gets plenty of timeĀ  to recover. He's too good to be playing games with.

Something seriously amiss.    .   Bring him back in the Autumn.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 4:34pm

"It wouldn't worry me if we ended up in the Melbourne Cup with a lighter weight given his liking for Flemington," Price said.

"He's got 54 (kg) in the Melbourne Cup. It didn't hurt Rekindling to be lightly raced so I'll take a line out of that.

"I would run him in it. He's sound. He settles. This is his track. I know he's a clean-winded horse."

An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Gee Gee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee Gee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by scamanda scamanda wrote:

Originally posted by Gee Gee Gee Gee wrote:

Kermadec, Press Statement didn't return the same after the whooping they got from her

The big name she was said to have broken was Hartnell.
Pity he has won 2 Grp 1s this calendar year. 

Id like a horse as broken as him.

My fave horse ol Hartnell

Backed him many times, would've had 5 or so more group 1's if placed correctly 
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 4:40pm
I'm glad I backed Grunt earlier when he won the Makybe Diva Stakes - $50 each way.

I didn't back him after that win though.
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by Underground Underground wrote:

such a dumb narrative lol. the foxplay race she missed the jump by 6 lengths. foxplay was just never that good + 3rd and 4th (red excitement and ecuador) are deadset C graders

For a start she got left four not six, Fox play won 3G2s and a G1 and 1-4Mill.in $, although placed twice after that run never won another race , she was finished, sold now I see but I'm sure Waller would have kept her going if there was an ember there, but the fire's gone out, well see what Bret Cavenaugh can do or stud may be calling.
Einstein View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Einstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 6:55pm
Really don't know what Price is playing at lately. Seems to get a good run or 2 out of a horse and then they go miserably. Samaready, Mighty Boss and now Grunt.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 1:38pm
Very disappointing
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by Xavier Xavier wrote:

Very disappointing

So was his trial mate , maybe a run or two but he's a head scratcher imo.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345