Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Ef Troop

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

Yeah but they do the same amount of work is what I’m saying
There is no difference to a training schedule in regard to official trial or jump out.

If that was the case, you wouldn't have them in jurisdictions where ample trials are available e.g. NSW and QLD.

I've owned horses for many years, and many trainers use a jump out as the first key piece of work prior to progressing to a trial(s) and then race.  Again, you wouldn't do that if they are identical to a trial.

As an example, some horses are barely out of a hold in a jump out - in fact for many horses that's the case due to the early stage of the prep. In a trial, while you can be held up, they generally go at a stronger pace and often for a longer distance.

In Ef Troop's case, he was always going to a trial, and only went to a jump out because of the risk that Deagon trials were washed out with stormy weather. Again, that wouldn't have been the case if it was simply six of one, half a dozen of the other.

I’ve been involved with my local race club since 1976. The jumpouts we have are the exact same as the official trials we have(rare occurrence) Weiry normally sends 60-70 horses to each jumpout we host along with the stack of small time trainers in our area and they all work the same as to what they would do if they were to send them in to town to trial (normally Cranbourne) trhe only difference with our official trials is that the results are put on the horses record. Nothing else is any different.
I’m sure Ef Troop would of been worked at home the same he had been all prep, using the fact he hasn’t done any official trials as an excuse is ridiculous
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 4:42pm
Jump outs can also be much shorter than trials- in NSW they’re little more than a group barrier education with a little liven up, to perhaps gauge if you need more education before trials, whereas you’ll find trials are more competitive in general, there’d be always a few trying a but extra in case they get an offer to HK etc. In Victoria they’re probably roughly the same thing.
to the victor
RED HUNTER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 5:51pm
In NSW jump outs....correct me....nobody checks the registration papers of horse....deception can occur?

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 6:00pm
Just what point would be served in running a "ring-in" in a jump out?
JoanFerguson View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoanFerguson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by RED HUNTER RED HUNTER wrote:

In NSW jump outs....correct me....nobody checks the registration papers of horse....deception can occur?

In Victoria they are all checked and you must have your racing ID card
Why on earth would you have a ring in at a jump out anyway? You can’t bet on them. That’s weird
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 8:11pm
Red, jump outs to my knowledge are purely for education purposes, reg. papers for first ever trials and race starts.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 8:13pm
we used to have unregistered picnic races once a year near here , on private property, and it was a big day, with all sorts of other things happening as well, and during the day about 6 races, ( we even had proper barriers ), and some horses went round 2 or 3 times. 
i can tell you many a  "proper " racehorse from various country and 1 provincial track "barrier trialled" at these daysLOL  Cost less to enter here than it did to trial at Newie. LOL Small prize money on offer as well.  I noted many brands and looked up each horse after, and in some cases made a tidy little profit on them when they raced on proper tracks. 
Thats just by the by .
animals before people.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Red, jump outs to my knowledge are purely for education purposes, reg. papers for first ever trials and race starts.

I also understood jump outs were for education, especially barrier education .   Locals here have their own barriers and do their own jump outs for education, so they dont need to travel all the time to a track.    Once they are happy they are educated with the barriers, and other horses around them, they then take them to Newie and trial them over a proper course and clock,  against others . Just my understaning tho.
animals before people.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

we used to have unregistered picnic races once a year near here , on private property, and it was a big day, with all sorts of other things happening as well, and during the day about 6 races, ( we even had proper barriers ), and some horses went round 2 or 3 times. 
i can tell you many a  "proper " racehorse from various country and 1 provincial track "barrier trialled" at these daysLOL  Cost less to enter here than it did to trial at Newie. LOL Small prize money on offer as well.  I noted many brands and looked up each horse after, and in some cases made a tidy little profit on them when they raced on proper tracks. 
Thats just by the by .

There are people here AA who may not believe that we could bet up in the stands at Randwick when our babies were having their first or second trials, first lot sometimes were at Rosebery, bookies clerk up in the public stand thought he could get an earn out of the not so smart stable boys, we stitched him up good and proper, couldn't get on for much maybe ten bob, a quid, maybe two , max a fiver, oh so sweet , we knew , of course we knew, we virtually slept along side of them, but he kept coming back,
Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2019 at 9:50pm
Won handily today the Listed Christmas Handicap  (I guess they have to run this race 10 days before  Christmas coz the next time they will be at Morphettville it will be Proclamation Day. Good old days at Cheltenham we had this race in tandem with the Port Cup during Christmas week.)

Anyway back to Ef Troop... Showed much promise as a youngster but looked much better today!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123