Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Pria Eclipse

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pria Eclipse
    Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 3:46pm
What a tough, consistent little mare who gives all & more every time she goes around, a credit to her trainer too, as she's been up ages Clap 

PRIA ECLIPSE

5yo Bay Mare
D.O.B: 18-Aug-2012
by MAGNUS  from PICCADILLY MOON
5x Pedigree Report

Status Active
Owner’s Details (updated nightly) Mr D P Cockerell, Mr S J Westcombe, Mr I L Cockerell
Stewards Embargoes None on record
Emergency Vaccination Record (Click here for more details)
Last Gear Change* 10-Mar-2017, Tongue Tie, On
Trainer Mr Dan O'Sullivan (Ballarat)
Racing Colours Black, Lime Epaulettes, Armbands And Cap
Career Summary: 28-2:11:3    Prizemoney: $104,833    
Min/Max-Dist-Win: 1400/1400     1st Up: 3:0-0-0    2nd Up: 3:0-0-1    
Firm: 0:0-0-0     Good: 11:1-3-1     Soft: 11:0-7-0     Heavy: 4:1-1-1    Synthetic: 2:0-0-1

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 3:47pm
If ever a horse deserved to win a race it’s her
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 9:56pm
Aurelius View Drop Down 

Champion 
Champion 

Post Options Post Options 
  Thanks (0) Thanks(0) 
  Quote Aurelius Quote  Post ReplyReply
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sandown Tomorrow (Pria Eclipse)
    Posted: 30 minutes ago at 7:26pm
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 6:28pm
Lucinda Doodt 10 meetings for failing ride mount out to finish line
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 6:44pm
Have watched the film three times now and can't see how they arrived at that decision, as imo the one on the rails still runs 2nd irrespective.

But please feel free to point out exactly what I've missed, and I'll be more than happy to stand corrected.
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 9:14pm
Really? Thought Pria Eclipse was gone 200m out and the jockey didn't give it away.

Just watched the replay and the charge is an absolute joke. They will have to out every second jockey if that's the benchmark.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 9:23pm
I thought she did the right thing by the horse.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 9:30pm
Chairman = Bailey:

Lucinda Doodt (Pria Eclipse) - pleaded guilty to a charge under the provisions of AR137(b) for failing to ride her mount out at least hands and heels to the winning post for the final two strides. Apprentice Lucinda Doodt had her permit to ride in races suspended for a period to commence at midnight July 6th and to expire at midnight July 16th, a total of ten race meetings. In assessing penalty Stewards took into account her guilty plea, inexperience and that her actions cost her mount running second place.

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 9:34pm
Bullshyte.  Whoever advised her to plead guilty needs to be suspended imo.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 10:01pm
A not guilty plea & any half smart solicitor would get her off at the RAD board. Ridiculous decisions all round Ouch
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 11:12pm
I hope she lodges an appeal, and is getting someone from the Jockeys Association to help her
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 11:18pm
Yes. Compare that to the Qld one Bonjour mentioned a week or so ago where Jim Byrne clearly stopped riding on Happy Hooves and even more clearly cost the horse and punters third but was found "not guilty" by stewards. Both equally bad decisions although the Qld one was worse and reflected the true quality of stewarding in that jurisdiction. 
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 4:13am
What the hell? I just watched the replay and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that ride.

They said she didn't ride the horse out for the final two strikes? Well that's a complete lie. Maybe half a stride at the most.

How would they come to this decision? There was 5 Stewards at this meeting. Terry Bailey the chairman. Is this his call or do they all have a say? Surely they all didn't agree on the charge.

I'm stunned she pleaded guilty. Surely she would confide with her manager and her fellow riders and they would be telling her to fight it.

SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 2:30pm
I have never seen a horse so small.
She loves a dog fight though, only just missed
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 2:25pm
Tiny mare Pria Eclipse proves size doesn’t matter as she aims to go back-to-back at Sandown
June 14, 2019 9:33am
Michael ManleyHerald Sun

Tiny mare Pria Eclipse is an example of the proverb “good things come in small packages’’ as there is no smaller horse racing.

When she won at Sandown Lakeside last start, jockey Teo Nugent said she was gutsy for a horse that was 12 or 13 hands.

Pria Eclipse isn’t 12 hands. Trainer Dan O’Sullivan’s staff have measured her to be 13.3 hands — as small as they come in thoroughbred racing.

O’Sullivan said she would qualify to compete in pony club events, but “she’s got a big engine and a big heart”.

The Ballarat trainer said from the time Pria Eclipse entered his stables more than four years ago, she had a big personality.

“She charges around the place as if she owns the joint,” he said.

“ The girls at home love her, in particular Lucy Doodt, who usually rides her but she’s suspended at the moment.”

O’Sullivan said Pria Eclipse probably only had one or two more runs left before she was retired to be a broodmare and Doodt would be particularly upset to see her go.

She’s been a great money-spinner for the stable, with five wins, 17 seconds and seven thirds from 49 starts, winning more than $250,000 in prizemoney.

O’Sullivan said her size had probably led to so many seconds.

“Its countered against her in races as things don’t always go her way,” he said. “I’ve also got to place her in higher grade so she can get a lighter weight.”

Pria Eclipse was bought at an online auction by owner Daryl Cockerell

O’Sullivan said Pria Eclipse, an $11 chance with TAB, was in an even field at Sandown Lakeside today, but he expected another solid run in the 1600m event.

“It will be more of the same. She’ll get into a good spot and then try her heart out,” he said.

michael.manley@news.com.au

Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2019 at 2:23pm
She is so honest.
Just pipped on the post
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2019 at 2:52pm
She'd win a 'Gutsiest racehorse' award hands down! Today against the males too, gee she tries SO hard ClapClapClap
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2019 at 3:18pm
Absolutely.
What she lacks in size, she certainly makes up for in heart!
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2019 at 7:31pm
Well deserved if only for her toughness, honesty & the thrills she's given her connections Heart

Lucinda Doodt
Wishing my beautiful girl Pria Eclipse a happy retirement
🥰
I hope your babies are just as sassy and cheeky as you
💚
🖤
Best little friend I could ever ask for ...... Thank You for always trying your heart out for me!
😝
🏇🏼
💨
❤️
Love you little miss
🌸

Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2019 at 7:46pm
She was a little ripper.
Enjoy your retirement

Any word on who she is booked into?
 Post Reply Post Reply