Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Lord Fandango

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ticino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lord Fandango
    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 10:07pm
Hello,
from time to time I have a look at the runners in the "Racing Forum". During the last years a lot of Germanbred Horses are exported to AUS.

A new Name for me was 'Lord Fandango' (Lord of England - Fitness by Monsun, formerly Fandango)
He is quite interestingly bred, 3x4 ยง/$ relatives Elegant Air/Nemesia or 4x4 Elegant Tern, 4x5 Literat,
4x5 Mill Reef. His Sire Lord of England is from the Love In/Zariba Family (Aga Khan), his damsire
Los Santos traces to Friars Daughter via Alrabia + HB Bahram/Dastur. Monsun, his Damsire is 4x4 Kaiseradler/Kaiserkrone, Authi in the damline is 3x4 Feola, Mosella (dam) is 4x4 Hyperion.

Lord Fandango is from the Family of Adelaide, Colonial Waters, Summertime Promis, Hillsdale
He was bred at the "Stud Etzean", named after a very small village, near by Beerfelden in the "Odenwald Area", South of Frankfurt (Main).

regards, Ticino
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 10:14pm
Many thanks for the insight Ticino, he's a lovely looking horse & looks to have much scope for improvement. Connections are actually talking 'next year'. As an aside, he's trained literally across the road from me Smile
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 10:17pm
Germany has become a happy hunting ground for Australian's looking for stayers.  They certainly perform well.  Looks like this could be another one.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 3:28pm
Resumes as a gelding today
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 8:19pm
And produced his worst 1st up effort of his career. 
reductio ad absurdum
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 9:09pm
Undoubtedly down to gelding.  Ermm
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 9:23pm
He was gelded unnecessarily. 

And performed like the vast majority of gelded horses perform like.

reductio ad absurdum
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 10:23pm
Archie did say he'd had many niggling problems last prep, so a long rest was in order & therefore was not as forward as last year nor as his later to be scratched, stablemate Gallic Chieftan.
I don't think he was ever 100% sound last prep so don't like his chances of any group success this time around but for the sake of connections, hope I'm wrong.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 10:32pm
He's the type of horse with natural stamina who could spend 2 years in a paddock and be fit enough to run 2000m straight away.

Geek
reductio ad absurdum
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 2:21pm
Now with Lindsey Smith
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
 Post Reply Post Reply