Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

D'Argento Grey SYT colt

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 8:15pm
I was on Avilius in the St George Stks today, so my eyes were on him throughout the race.

But I notice D’Argento finished last. I’ve not watched any replays but were there any excuses for this stallion today? Or is he just not interested anymore?
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 8:21pm
Djebel may have the answer.
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Djebel may have the answer.

a) Needs change of stable?
b) Needs gelding?
c) Both?
d) Neither?

I’d probably say A. Djebel?
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 8:27pm
Stewards report not out yet.
Disappointing run, didn’t really do anything.
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 8:36pm
Hawkspur Mk II
ChrisB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 8:53pm
I backed D'Argento.

Terrible run.

Worst "confident"runner all day.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 9:07pm
Have we considered that he was in the right place at the right time for his guineas win.

On todays run Ace High is better horse, and the horse that ran second in that guineas was Tangled who lets face it is not the best ever rosehill guineas placegetter I have seen.

Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 10:34pm
DArgento Change of tactics To be ridden quieter from the wide draw. Settled just worse than mid-field. Rider Luke Nolen was of the opinion that the horse does not appreciate the Caulfield circuit and may be better suited on tracks with more give. A post-race veterinary examination failed to reveal any obvious abnormality.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 10:45pm
Djebel will no doubt blame it all on Waller and the decision to race him on the speed in the Cox Plate will no doubt be among the reasons.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 12:00am
He was down to wear blinkers , they were not on fwiw.
correctweight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote correctweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 12:07am
Djebel is a top 3 trainer in Australia
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 1:32am
I usually have a theory but this one is troubling me.

I would probably keep him 100% fresh and run him next in the Doncaster.

I hope he has done enough already to deserve a place at stud.
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 1:35am
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

Djebel will no doubt blame it all on Waller and the decision to race him on the speed in the Cox Plate will no doubt be among the reasons.

It is amazing how some of ypu clowns put words in my mouth.

I never pigeon hole horses into certain running styles. If I think they are a good horse they should be able to settle wherever the pace dictates.

reductio ad absurdum
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 10:58am
All his runs down south have been poor , his best run was a 5th at WFA at Caul. last spring after a 2nd in the Epsom to Hartnell, would not be the first horse to not handle reverse racing , tracks with a little give are his go and back to Syd. may seem a better option, having said that imo he's a pussycat , who's not putting in and needs the Blinkers or the scalpel or both.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

I never pigeon hole horses into certain running styles. If I think they are a good horse they should be able to settle wherever the pace dictates.

But no doubt you'll blame Waller rather then the horse.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 4:45pm

Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

But no doubt you'll blame Waller rather then the horse.

Ultimately I probably will but at this stage he ( the horse ) is a head scratcher so no I haven't.

reductio ad absurdum
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 5:00pm
I wouldn't completely give up on him yet, the Australian Cup or the Ranvet Stakes may give him an opportunity at another G1, perhaps a winter in Brisbane, Doomben Cup, O'Shea and Brisbane Cup would suit and maybe even give them an idea if a Metropolitan Handicap and Caulfield Cup campaign should be his spring target.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 6:10pm
They were discussing him on radio this morning, consensus was that he is a Sydney horse and wants it wet.
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 6:34pm
I just think he's one of those 3yos who's never really gone on with it. No great surprise, it happens more often than not. Once they get out of their restricted age conditions they're generally no match for these imports.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

I just think he's one of those 3yos who's never really gone on with it. No great surprise, it happens more often than not. Once they get out of their restricted age conditions they're generally no match for these imports.

These imports who were no match for their aged restricted contemporaries back home.

reductio ad absurdum
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 11:03am
What is happening with this fella? Racing Australia lists him as spelling, is he having a long break for a shot at the autumn?
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2020 at 2:12pm

What is happening with this fella? Racing Australia lists him as spelling, is he having a long break for a shot at the autumn?

Still listed as spelling, not nommed anywhere, where is he?
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2020 at 5:40pm
Not sure Afros but he is not a racing proposition anymore.

He was a thinker when he was racing, and those type of horses, unless they are injured or have a reason for not trying, love their life in a paddock.

I will be very interested in how Kementari comes back s well, because he was a thinker and he has lived the high life since he was retired.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2020 at 5:48pm
Both were well above average but were essentially pretenders at the top level imo.

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 10:12am
Emma’s newly assembled temporary Star home office includes a reminder of our Group 1 Rosehill Guineas winner D’ARGENTO as he is soon to embark on a stud career
reductio ad absurdum
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678