Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Yogi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 3:42pm
Saw a glimpse of the old Yogi today
Just starting to get warm late
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 3:45pm
Yep, he was my roughie for the day ... will be in the Sydney Cup with a nice weight.
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Yep, he was my roughie for the day ... will be in the Sydney Cup with a nice weight.

Yep. Can run well in the Syd Cup
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 4:10pm
Probably needs a prod whilst in the gate ?
reductio ad absurdum
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 5:10pm
The vet deemed him too unsound to start in an Adelaide Cup so he clearly has issues that are countered to a degree by heavy tracks. I only hope he heeds pain signals in time to save a catastrophe, as racing doesn't need activists on top of the pressures it's under.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 5:54pm
Would not be surprised if he has a back problem, missing the kick and failing to lengthen are good indicators in my book.
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 12:15am
He should retire with Tom Melbourne. Ran his last race today. Going to Living Legends.
Big pat on back for the owners, well done 👍
Being proactive and getting sore older horses off the track is the way to go
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2020 at 12:34am
Again missed the kick today & never came into the race at all.

As others have suggested, might be time for retirement. Or at the very least a spell & a thorough examination of him to see what issues he has.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2020 at 12:36am
ATB had in their latest newsletter that he will likely be retired at the end of this prep
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2020 at 5:57pm
The old boy has been retired today
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2020 at 6:10pm
Good news.  Hope he is going to a good home.
animals before people.
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2020 at 10:39pm
Me too AA, you beat me to it 😊
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2020 at 10:55pm
So much for the stable belittling the vet who pulled him out pre Adelaide Cup due to poor action!
Luckily for racing, he was smart enough to heed the signals & not give all in his last couple of runs.
I watch Noel Fitzpatrick Supervet (UK) religiously & have on occasions seen him use a pressure plate to check for dog lameness & improvement which is obviously computerised but googling for similar with horses, only spotted a couple of papers on feet & trimming.
Surely this would be a great idea & relatively inexpensive compared to scanning machines, especially portable ones whereby they could check each horse pre race & on course.
Don't worry, he'll get a top home, these 'name' horses always do, it's several years down the track when the worry starts, once they're onto their 3rd or 4th 'forever' homes.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2020 at 2:02pm
If he gets a top home, ie suitable, he won’t have any further homes? Hopefully....
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2020 at 2:13pm
I think one of the girls who strapped him is taking him
She loves him more than anything
brave_ponies View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2020 at 10:22pm
Thanks for this and your post about his retirement, Shawy.
He always looked in the mounting yard like he was much loved by many.
All the best Yogi đŸ»đŸ’›
brave_ponies View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2020 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by Sister Dot Sister Dot wrote:

If he gets a top home, ie suitable, he won’t have any further homes? Hopefully....

Totally! Forever is forever but doesn't mean jack if it's not a suitable home. More important is that he is loved and well cared for, for the rest of HIS life.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2021 at 8:35am
Here's a pic of Yogi in his paddock being cared for by his friend Ellie, loving life (and his tucker too)
The boy can eat. 

Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234