Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Boom Time

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 9:16pm
The emoticon suggests tongue in cheek TJ. 

ps most of us know that all CC winners are swabbed as a matter of course.  Wink
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 10:16pm
That's the emoticon I would've gone with in the first place. More tongue in cheek feel to it than a simple smiley.
jacko1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacko1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 12:21am
He seemed a handy enough stayer but if you ranked CC winners he'd be much closer to the bottom than the top. Still, all the best at stud.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 1:09am
Originally posted by jacko1 jacko1 wrote:

He seemed a handy enough stayer but if you ranked CC winners he'd be much closer to the bottom than the top. Still, all the best at stud.

Closer to the bottom in terms of his Timeform rating for that Caulfield Cup win.
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 1:10am
Originally posted by jacko1 jacko1 wrote:

Closer to the bottom in terms of his Timeform rating for that Caulfield Cup win? Is that what you mean read on social media that Boom Time is the worst Caulfield Cup winner in 50 years.
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 1:10pm
More Than Ready & Sir Tristram didn’t win a G1. ST won 2 out of 19 starts.
Boomtime has hope yet. He’s not linebred, but strong on both sides. Who knows? 🤞
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 1:22pm
I actually liked his recent runs.
By that I mean, they were retirement runs, and a horse running through an injury, but he gave his all through it.
He is a top horse.
And I am especially fond of him, because I landed odds of $100 for his Caulfield Cup win. :)

Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by Redemption Redemption wrote:

I actually liked his recent runs.
By that I mean, they were retirement runs, and a horse running through an injury, but he gave his all through it.
He is a top horse.
And I am especially fond of him, because I landed odds of $100 for his Caulfield Cup win. :)

He was no star but he was no slouch either.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 8:35am
He is heading to Rangal Park Stud, Euroa. Just down the road from Lindsay Park.
Fee of $6600
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456