Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Raquel Clark

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 1:19pm
I don’t hate her either.
Just a little annoyed she pulled a horse up on Saturday and clearly cost me about 500 bucks because according to the stewards the horse should’ve clung on for third.
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 5:36pm
Nasty fall post race in Adelaide
Was unconscious for short period
Being transported to the Royal adelaide
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 5:45pm
7NewsAdelaide JUST IN: A female jockey is in a critical condition after falling off a horse at Morphettville Racecourse.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 6:02pm
UPDATE: A female jockey is in a stable condition after being dislodged at Morphettville Racecourse. Raquel Clark, a respected South Australian jockey, is being treated at the Flinders Medical Centre. The latest in 7NEWS at 6pm. 7NEWS.com.au @7Sport @7horseracing #7NEWS
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 6:04pm
Hopefully the second report is spot on.  Totally typical of Ch7to issue that apparently unsubstantiated earlier bulletin.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 6:21pm
Just on Ch 78
She clipped heels 400m after the post, went over the horses head and then the horse rolled on her. She lost consciousness for about a minute
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 5:02pm
Raquel Clark appears to have escaped serious injury following a heavy fall at Morphettville on Saturday.

The 26-year-old was dislodged from Goodgee after finishing fifth on the mare in a 1000-metre race. Goodgee clipped heels and lost her footing approximately 200 metres past the winning post. Clark was unseated from Goodgee who then appeared to roll on top of her.

Clark was briefly unconscious but has since responded positively to treatment. Last season’s Adelaide premiership-winning rider has suffered headaches since the accident and will remain under observation overnight in Royal Adelaide Hospital.

Clark has won 351 races and registered the biggest win of her career when guiding Dalasan to victory in the G2 Danehill Stakes (1200m) at Flemington on September 14.
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 6:45pm
Great news.

Edited by Gay3 - 10 Nov 2019 at 7:18pm
ALL my posts are written as Sci-Fi, no different to an Orson Welles and should not be taken literally. Sci-fi is a genre of Fiction.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2019 at 2:22pm
Not such good news after all Cry

South Australia’s reigning premier jockey Raquel Clark faces an uncertain riding future after suffering a brain injury in a fall.

Clark continues to recuperate from the injury she suffered when she fell from a horse after the finish line in a race at Morphettville last month.

“They just called it a traumatic brain injury,” Clark told RSN 927.

“When I fell the left side of the back of my head was the part that got really damaged. They said they were little bleeds to the brain and it all turns into bruising, is what I can gather from it.

“They looked at it and said to me, look a football player has to have three weeks off when they get about three dots of this on their brain, and I had over 30 on my brain.

“So they were quite quick to tell me that I will be stood down for a long time.”

The 26-year-old admits there is a possibility she may not be able to ride again.

“Unfortunately it is a possibility, at the moment,” she said.

“But I’ve been too worried about my health to even think too much about that. Of course the doctors have mentioned it to me a little bit. But I’ll focus on getting better and when I’m 100 per cent I’ll make those decisions myself.”

Clark said the injury has had an effect on her balance and memory.

“The differences have been really big in some circumstances but it’s a bit hard at the same time because I have a body that is ready to go,” she said.

“My body could get back on a racehorse tomorrow. It’s just my brain that cannot.”

Clark, who is from Tasmania, has starred in South Australian racing in the past couple of years, winning both the state and metropolitan jockeys’ premierships last season.

While she admits she has had some emotional moments in recent weeks, the jockey remains positive and says she has an amazing support base of family and friends.

“I try and look at things positive,” she said.

“I’ve actually got Christmas with the family this year, unlike the last couple, so I’ll just look at all the positives in life, I think.”

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2019 at 3:52pm
And positivity really is the Buzz word at times like this , it can be a powerful aphrodisiac, I speak from experience, wishing you well and speedy recovery Raquel.
goyougoodthing View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goyougoodthing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2019 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

And positivity really is the Buzz word at times like this , it can be a powerful aphrodisiac, I speak from experience, wishing you well and speedy recovery Raquel.

aphrodisiac?
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2019 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by goyougoodthing goyougoodthing wrote:

Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

aphrodisiac?

I suppose if you can be positive it can create a wellness, more or less what I meant .
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 6:33pm
Star jockey Raquel Clark looks to have called time on her promising career.

Clark, a Tasmanian, made a huge impact on the SA racing scene before suffering bleeding to the brain after a race fall at Morphettville in November 2019.

Ongoing health issues and the need for more medical treatment is making it unlikely that Clark will return to the saddle.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 6:39pm
Just hope her on-going treatment is successful.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 10:54pm
Best of wishes to her and hope she can recover and get back to some sort of life.
animals before people.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234